• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've been on MOL too long when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you've been on MOL too long when...

Yesterday in my marketing class, the new "Mr. Clean" car washes were brought up, and I won't add the whole part of class that led up to it, but the question was asked would you use them? A couple of people said no and one girl said, "Well, I probably would. I LOVE the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers! I use them to wash my car all of the time!" I couldn't help but let out, in the middle of the quiet classroom, "Oh my god!" while shaking my head. A few people looked at me, but I couldn't help it!

Re: You know you've been on MOL too long when...

I'm driving with my wife and comment on a new Porsche with swirls... "How could a dealer allow a car of that stature go off the lot with clearly visable swirls" it was a brilliant red paint.

To which my wife replies, you are going to die from a swirl anxiety attack one of these days... To which I reply what do you mean, which generated a 20 minute information session about my detailing obsession.

You're right it might be a little too long!

Comment

Ha Ha!!
      Funny Tyler.
      I was thinking of righting a thread similar to the title.
      Where your home page is MOL, you check before you leave for work/school.
      On you lunch break you check, and after work.
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

during my english class my teacher said her 2006 black chevy tahoe was easy to clean with just a paper towel and Windex, she went on to say why would someone waste their time washing it with all the steps and supplies when they get clean either way. i just rolled my eyes and went along with it because she thinks she knows everything
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
          during my english class my teacher said her 2006 black chevy tahoe was easy to clean with just a paper towel and Windex, she went on to say why would someone waste their time washing it with all the steps and supplies when they get clean either way. i just rolled my eyes and went along with it because she thinks she knows everything
          Ironically that is what my QUALITY 204 teacher said....QUALITY...lol

Comment

People just do not understand anything anymore.
            Like the 2 Minute Car Wash using a gas station squeegee on YouTube.
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            '99 F-150

Comment

Well they think swirls come natural. Youd be suprised when i return cars to customers asking how I did that. They thought they rolled off the factory like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fischer View Post
                Ironically that is what my QUALITY 204 teacher said....QUALITY...lol
                Guess that teacher won't be asking about a six-sigma detail any time soon.

pc.

Comment

Maybe those of you that have an instructor or those that have a boss that has those thoughts might want to consider doing their vehicle for them.
                  Seeing is believing and when you transform their vehicle from mediocre to outstanding, it might improve your grades or your working conditions.
                  Charles
                  The Rainmaker

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc View Post
                    Guess that teacher won't be asking about a six-sigma detail any time soon.

pc.
                    Or Lean?

Comment

when................. you notice swirls everywhere; cars on the road, in parking lots, on tv. I cringe every time I see a sweet, shiny ride catch the light just right and reveal the hideous scars beneath the LSP.
                      Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Now that my car has been polished and is clean, since all the snow is melting every time I went the a puddle I shook and twitched because my truck looks good and it hurts the appearance, even if I am going 5 MPG through a puddle. (Run On)
                        Joel
                        Firefighter/EMT-B
                        '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
                          Now that my car has been polished and is clean, since all the snow is melting every time I went the a puddle I shook and twitched because my truck looks good and it hurts the appearance, even if I am going 5 MPG through a puddle. (Run On)
                          i know what you mean, sometimes i do not like driving my truck after i detail it
                          Nick
                          Tucker's Detailing Services
                          815-954-0773
                          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I had to get new shoes the other day and my mom said do you want to take the truck and I said NO!! She said why, and I said it is clean I do not want it to get dirty. She had me drive so I went through every puddle because I was going to wash it after wards.
                            Joel
                            Firefighter/EMT-B
                            '99 F-150

Comment

My girl gets mad when I check the new posts and subscribed threads all the time, especially when we are at dinner or just watching TV on the couch. I swear I check them like every half hour!
                              Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');