• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A dreadful puddle under the truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dreadful puddle under the truck

Backed out my truck today, and there was a rather large puddle left on the floor. After inspection it turns out its brake fluid. Pulled the truck back in as the brake warning light is now on. Looks like on of the rear hoses / pipes is leaking a lot. Quite a bit more fluid has since come out. I haven't investigated it any further, however its a pipe / hose just above the rear differential, slightly off to the drives side.

Its a 1993 Ford F-150 4x4
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Re: A dreadful puddle under the truck

Sorry to Hear the bad news.
    Do not get me wrong I love my Ford Truck, but I had some trouble fixing the headlight today, and broke somethings, which was not that big of a deal I just used electrical tape.

Hope Everything is okay and acceptable.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

A lot of auto parts stores carry replacement hoses/hard lines bent to your truck year (newer ones anyways), find out which one it is, may have gotten knicked with a rock or something. Then after replacing, do a full bleeding of the system and follow instructions with regards to the ABS.

With our Yukon (ABS), I just did a regular bleeding, pump hold, crack valve etc. I flushed until new fluid came out. I used Valvoline synthetic fluid (DOT 4) and have no problems with the ABS. Just want to be sure, some call for more advanced way of bleeding.

I always start with the wheel farthest from the master cylinder, passenger rear, drivers rear, passenger front, drivers front. and keep the master cylinder full and put lid back on.

If you ran your master cylinder dry, then do a bench bleed on it (you can do it still in the truck with some help).
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I'll be taking a closer look tommorow
        AeroCleanse, LLC
        Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

keep us posted, at least you noticed it before you took off.

My old '64 MC failed on me on the way home, lucky we are in a rural area and I was able to get her home with my hand on the e-brake. It was a hairy ride for sure. Nothing like the pedal hitting the floor with no braking power!
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Check out www.F150online.com You might get more specific help there.

Comment

Good ol' F150online. Still around there at all "Luma?"

I had the right rear brake light break loose when I was slowing down one time from a 1/4 mile run! Ended up having to exits 3 turn-offs farther down the track!

Have a picture of what you are talking about? You say the brake line but it sounds like you are describing a vent tube? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                Good ol' F150online. Still around there at all "Luma?"

I had the right rear brake light break loose when I was slowing down one time from a 1/4 mile run! Ended up having to exits 3 turn-offs farther down the track!

Have a picture of what you are talking about? You say the brake line but it sounds like you are describing a vent tube? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding.
                Unfortunately. I'm not a big fan of how the site is run, but I guess every site can't be as awesome as MOL

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');