• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dusting products health hazards???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dusting products health hazards???

I am 42 and have been buffing since I was about 13-14 years old.

I am still kicking. Never mind the dust, lets talk carpel tunnel.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
      I am 42 and have been buffing since I was about 13-14 years old.

I am still kicking. Never mind the dust, lets talk carpel tunnel.
      I'm 48 and I've been buffing since I was 18 and I'm still alive and kicking...

No carpel tunnel yet knock on wood...

I'll check with Mike Pennington on this tomorrow but just to start with there's this from our FAQ, while this is specific to the question about petroleum distillates, it reflects Meguiar's approach to the topic of health and safety.

27. I have been told that products that contain petroleum distillates are bad for my car's finish. What does Meguiar's have to say about this considering some of your products list petroleum distillates in the "Caution Statement", on the back labels?

Petroleum distillates are a huge category that includes thousands of products. In fact, the term refers to anything that comes from the distillation, or cracking process, of petroleum crude oil.
      This includes gasoline, propane, paint thinners, mineral oils, paraffin wax, baby oil, Vaseline® and even Chap-Stick® just to name a few.

As you can see by the ingredients listed in Chap Stick® brand lip balm, broad generalizations stating "all Petroleum Distillates are bad" is just as disingenuous as stating "Silicones are Harmful".
      All of the above-mentioned products fall under the category of Petroleum Distillates. While some petroleum distillates can be very dangerous, others are very safe. To group all petroleum distillates into one category and label them harmful or dangerous is unfair. Like the dishonest claim that silicones are harmful, claiming that all petroleum distillates are harmful is also dishonest and disingenuous.

While it's likely there are car care products on the market that do use inexpensive solvents derived from petroleum crude oil in their formula's, Meguiar's only uses ingredients, including petroleum distillates, that are combined in a way to create a product that is beneficial to the paint. In other words, the product improves or creates beauty, it does not diminish or lessen beauty. Because we work closely with automotive paint companies, we know how to protect and maximize all aspects of automotive surface coatings.

Meguiar's Petroleum Distillates

The petroleum distillates Meguiar's uses are:
      • Environmentally Safe
      • Contain No Aromatic Hydrocarbons
      • Contain No other Serious Air Pollutants
      They are also distilled multiple times to remove:
      • Carcinogens
      • Reproductive Toxins
      • Multiple other Impurities
      You will be hard pressed to find another automotive appearance care company that goes to the extent Meguiar's goes to in order to create products that are both environmentally safe as well as safe for use by their customers.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I never thought of this, I need to go buy some masks :O

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');