• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrible day for my dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible day for my dog

Today has been one of the worst days of my life, for me and for my dog.

I have a Jack Russell Terrier named Sonny, he is eight years old and is my best friend.

over the weekend I noticed he had been losing some weight, and he was also not acting like he normally does. So yesterday I tried to take him to the vet but they were too busy too see him so i made an appointment for today at noon.

So I took him to the vet and after he had an X-Ray and some bloodwork done we made a startling discovery. He has a very large tumor on his spleen that is pushing his other organs forwards and is possibly cancerous.

My vet instructed me to go to an animal hospital about an hour away from me to perform an emergency surgery on him.

When I took him there he got more bloodwork done, an Ultra Sound, and some terrible news.

If Sonny does not have the surgery then he will die very soon, if he does have the surgey there is the risk he may not make it.

They are starting the surgery in forty five minutes, when they open him up they will know if it is cancerous, and if it is, then theres the possiblity of it spreading to all of his organs.

In one hour I will know the likely fate of my dog.

heres a picture of him from a product review:

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you to all of you.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: Terrible day for my dog

Jeez, I'm sorry to hear that, Nick. Best of luck with everything. I'll be thinking of you guys.
    -Will-

CDO ATW

Comment

From the owner of 2 Jack Russells, you have my empathy. Hoping for the best possible outcome.

Comment

I'm very sorry, its very tough when sudden things like this happen to our loved animals. I hope everything turns out well.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
        Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Good Luck.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I hope when you read my posting your dog is recovering from surgery. I work in a Vet clinic and we performed a splenectomy on a Vizsla last week. Removed a tumor bigger than your dog. Dog is doing great now. There is definitely room for hope with your dog.
            Art Layton
            2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

thanks for the kind words guys, I am just sitting here waiting by the phone.

I talked to the surgeon over the phone at 5:30 and he said he is starting the surgery at 6:15.

If any complications arise he said he would call. The worst thing I fear is that the tumor is cancerous and it has spread everywhere, then I have to make the decision whether to put Sonny to sleep or not.

no news is good news.
              Nick
              815-954-0773

Comment

I hope it works out for the both of you.

Andy
                Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Nick, Im so sorry to hear this, it is a very hard thing to just sit aside not being able to do anything but hope. The same kind of suddeness happened to me with my dog in october novemberish last year, but that is a different story and I wont go there. Im hoping for the best for you man hope everything is well.

John

Comment

Sorry to hear the news. I hope it's not cancerous and the surgery will be a success.
                    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                    Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

UPDATE:

I just got the call from the surgeon, the surgery was a sucess, hes gonna be alright, he was able to remove the tumor along with a small part of the kidney.

the part of the kidney that was removed will be sent to pathology to confirm whether or not it is cancerous.

If it is cancerous then he will recieve chemotherapy to kill the cancer cells. When he opened him up he noted that there were no other tumors or any other affected areas except the spleen where the tumor was.

He is in intensive care right now since his blood platelets were low before the surgery, and a blood transfusion may occur.

Thanks to all of you for your help and support, hopefully I will get Sonny back either Wednesday or Thursday.

Nick
                      815-954-0773

Comment

Thats great news Nick!!!!!

Andy
                        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                          UPDATE:

I just got the call from the surgeon, the surgery was a sucess, hes gonna be alright, he was able to remove the tumor along with a small part of the kidney.

the part of the kidney that was removed will be sent to pathology to confirm whether or not it is cancerous.

If it is cancerous then he will recieve chemotherapy to kill the cancer cells. When he opened him up he noted that there were no other tumors or any other affected areas except the spleen where the tumor was.

He is in intensive care right now since his blood platelets were low before the surgery, and a blood transfusion may occur.

Thanks to all of you for your help and support, hopefully I will get Sonny back either Wednesday or Thursday.

Alright!! That is great news man! glad he is okay

Comment

Congrats. Glad to hear all is well so far. I nearly teared up when I read your post.

Colin
                            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Great news, Nick. Glad to hear all is well.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');