• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, do you like early morning details?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, do you like early morning details?

Just got a phone call from my primary client that has all the various cars and trucks. He is leaving for Lake Michigan tomorrow morning at 10am and wanted to know If I could squeeze in a detail on his boat. We originally planed it later on but he insisted it be done now. I asked when and he said as early as possible.

Right now over by me it is 9 30pm. I told him I would come start on it at around 3 or 4 am tommorow morning since 6 or 7 isnt good enough. He said the earlier the better so he could leave

We agreed that I get paid double for the F-650 I recently did and the boat itself for the inconvience.

Right now I am gonna load up my truck and set my alarm for 2:30 am.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: So, do you like early morning details?

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
    We agreed that I get paid double for the F-650 I recently did and the boat itself for the inconvience.

Right now I am gonna load up my truck and set my alarm for 2:30 am.
    Double for me would be $70 per hour...at that rate I'd detail anytime and anyplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
      Double for me would be $70 per hour...at that rate I'd detail anytime and anyplace.
      Same here. Hell, I'd do almost anything for $70/hour.
      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
      Calais Auto Detailing
      CalaisDetails@aim.com
      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

For double price, I'd do it. Plus since this is the same guy that you have this steady work with you have to take care of him.
        Dilution Chart

Comment

Holy ****, thats way to early for me. That is the time I sometimes go to bed. haha

Comment

Yea, definitly gonna do it.

I'll try and take pics.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I do early ones all the time, and I have plenty of "last minute" customers. I don't like early details
              Matt

Comment

I have done early morning details. I have done 8-9 hour details that started at 9 or 10 at night. I will charge accordingly depending on the client.

Comment

Originally posted by Fischer View Post
                  Holy ****, thats way to early for me. That is the time I sometimes go to bed. haha
                  Good luck on the detail!
                  Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Snap! I was just complaining because its 1:30 and I have to get up at 7 for an 8 am detail. I would definitely do an early morning detail if I was paid twice the amount, that's a good deal!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

I've had several jobs where I worked 24 hours or more in a row. I completely polished an airplane (not some little Piper either, it was a step up) to a truly 95% flawless condition (per owner request) and had to detail through the night since it was 120 degrees in the hanger during the day. I watched the sunrise from the airport 3 times... heh

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                        I've had several jobs where I worked 24 hours or more in a row. I completely polished an airplane (not some little Piper either, it was a step up) to a truly 95% flawless condition (per owner request) and had to detail through the night since it was 120 degrees in the hanger during the day. I watched the sunrise from the airport 3 times... heh

Early mornings, all nighters and 120 degree heat. I'm not sure that I am that dedicated to detailing. But in some ways it does sound like fun.
                        Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Doublepay, get up early, beat the heat, keeping your primary customer happy= no brainer here. I would do it.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Tuck,

PM me if you're interested in investing some of that big money you're making this summer. I've got some great scams....err, I mean plans that will double maybe triple your money in just days!

Mike
                            Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I wonder how it went?

I wouldn't mind waking up early for a detail, heck I'm up at 4-4:30 in the morning everyday for work so it wouldn't be so bad for me.
                              For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');