• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelling Order at Autogeek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling Order at Autogeek?

Hey guys,

So a few days ago I ordered an item from Autogeek. Aside from the initial order confirmation, I have never received anything in email from Autogeek. When I emailed them for a tracking number, I received a reply a day later indicating that the product I've ordered are currently out of stock, and that the anticipated shipping date would be Wednesday of next week. Because the order is taking longer than anticipated, I decided to grab something else from elsewhere. Alas I am cancelling my order. I sent Penny from Autogeek an email to cancel my order, but did not have a confirmation on that. My credit card has already been charged for the order.

Today, I decided to call them during their office hours to cancel my order, but the department I wished to speak to was not available (Penny at Autogeek was not at her desk during the office hours, and the live chat line was offline hours before their official closing time). So I go onto Autogeek's website and sent them an online message on their website to have the order cancelled.

I tried to look on Autogeek's FAQ's for an order cancellation procedure, but did not find one. I found their return and exchange policies, but nothing on order cancellation. Is it possible to cancel an order at Autogeek? The item has not been shipped yet and will not be until later next week. My credit card has already been charged.

Unwilling to risk Autogeek ignoring my order cancellation request, I just called my credit card company to ask if they could block the transaction on the basis that the item was not in stock. Unfortunately, the calling center for the credit card is currently closed.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Re: Cancelling Order at Autogeek?

Wait till monday (call Penny then) and they will sort it out and take care of it. They'll refund it back to your card and I'm sure it will be no problem.

Comment

You could also PM Megan or Dwayne today with order info. They watch the forum closely and usually are on top of whats needed. Theur customer service has always been top notch.

Paul S
      Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
      317-513-4678

Comment

I second the idea to notify Meghan. She is a great person to deal with.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Meghan will take care of you.
          Al
          ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

not to knock autogeek , but i have the same problem ...i called in a big order and one thing was on back order..why woundnt they send out the order and send the back ordered product when it came in ?Now i have to wait an extra week for a couple meguiar dispencers...iam really not to happy with the way they handled my order and if i do ever order from them again , i promise i will mention what happened ..the only reason i even ordered from them was the 20% off for mike phillips promo...
            RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

i had a small problem with them about a month ago and they handled in without any problem. just got my 20% promo order this week without any problem .. i just started using them and so far i am very happy with there service.

Comment

I had a problem too with another vendor.
                But, turned out not to be a problem as the price I got for the item was because the item was shipped directly from the suppler. Took longer, but cheaper. Sort of like an e-bay thing, no warehouse overhead.
                Felt bad about ranting on the telephone after things were cleared up. Wish words could be taken back. But thanks for caring enough to advise what's going on.
                Last edited by Jossy92; Aug 23, 2009, 08:52 AM. Reason: Didn't say what I meant.....
                Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
                by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

Hmm. This concerns me a bit. I was considering an order for either a couple of Dodo juice products or maybe even Pinnacle Sovereign but now that I see that their shipping service is sluggish I may wait.
                  James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                  Calais Auto Detailing
                  CalaisDetails@aim.com
                  www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Let's not jump to conclusions or add negative comments / reactions

I would recommend talking with them during normal business hours, and I am sure they will work it out with you

Mike
                    Mike Pennington
                    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                    Meguiar's, Inc.
                    800-854-8073
                    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
                      Hmm. This concerns me a bit. I was considering an order for either a couple of Dodo juice products or maybe even Pinnacle Sovereign but now that I see that their shipping service is sluggish I may wait.
                      I ordered the 4 pack of Do Do Juice wax, ordered using UPS ground rate and it arrives to my house same as ADS.....I'll get it tommorow I think, date of delivery is tommorow (8/24/09). Ordered it last Friday, so I had the weekend to combat....the joys of living in rural No. Cali - Forn - I.A.!

But my heart (and pocket book) will be with Meguiar's

Contact Mehgan on Monday, from what I read, she will take care of you or anyone else for that matter.....
                      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

cool, thanks for all the responses.

I will definitely be contacting Autogeek. I already bought something else and I don't want to buy something I don't need!!!

Comment

Don't sweat it.

Meguiar's Direct/ADS/AG are top notch.
                          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I did order a cyclo from Auto geek years ago. Transaction was fine.
                            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post

Unwilling to risk Autogeek ignoring my order cancellation request, I just called my credit card company to ask if they could block the transaction on the basis that the item was not in stock. Unfortunately, the calling center for the credit card is currently closed.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Anytime you have a problem with an order or anything at Autogeek please feel free to shoot me an e-mail and I'll investigate it ASAP.

I have over 28,000 posts on this forum and each of my posts has my cell phone number and my e-mail address in it so I'm pretty easy to get a hold of.

In order to look up your order and get back to you we need your e-mail address so as soon as you can get that to me we'll be happy to take care of you.

Thanks!

Here you go...

Cell: 760-515-0444
                              Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');