• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealer Cleaned Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer Cleaned Car

I took my Black Focus into the dealer to have some work done (it's a company car and everything is paid for under who knowns how many warranties). Nice kid came out to cover the interior with plastic and he proceeded to clean the wheels with a cleaner. I saw that it said non-acid on the spray bottle so I was not worried. I had just washed the car with ONR so the body was clean.

A few hours later I saw it sitting near the building and they were cleaning the wheels again and the tires (I had two tires replaced). Then it's just sitting there. I start to get nervous that they are going to "wash" it. So I'm just watching. Then I see a guy fill a mop bucket right next to the car. Now I'm sweating. He then pulls out a _mop_ and starts to soak it in he bucket. Now I need a change of underwear. But then he proceeds to start moping the floor of the intake area. Wheewwww!

BTW- wheels were very clean. Kid really took his time and did a good job. I was surprised as I'm sure he cleans a hundred wheels every day.

Re: Dealer Cleaned Car

Nice little scare you had... would have been sweating too; glad it worked out.

Comment

I'm surprised.. Seems not many people would take the time to be that careful with the vehicles. I mean taking the jeep to a typical car wash here, pay 13.00 or so then have them lazily wipe the car off afterward..

Yeah sure if I had 100.00 bucks I could take the car down the street to a grate detail shop.. but who has that kind of money. So I'll do what I can, with the limited skills and resources.

Also it's people like the "kid" whom need to be rewarded after the fact.. cause I'm sure the dealer isn't giving him enough. I eman even if you just go over and complement him..

Comment

i am just wondering why u just sat there and watched, i would have got up and at least went over there before any damage could have been done cause i would have been pooping bricks

Comment

Originally posted by 79elcamino View Post
          i am just wondering why u just sat there and watched, i would have got up and at least went over there before any damage could have been done cause i would have been pooping bricks
          Oh, I was! I was standing right next to the door and ready to run out of they guy turned around and faced my car with that mop. Otherwise I did not want to run out there and yell at him if he was going to do something like... mop the floor.

Us, who are here, know we are over-sensitive to these types of things. You know how it is.... we see that person at the self serve car wash wiping that nasty multi color foaming brush all over their nice paint and we just have to bite our tongues.

Comment

Hope that you gave the kid a good tip for doing the wheels.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');