• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Direct is not "Canada Friendly"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Direct is not "Canada Friendly"

Sadly disappointing. None of the compounds and many of the items are not available north of the border and Meguiars Direct will not ship them to Ontario.

I guess they are not Canada Friendly.

Why do some companies have no problem shipping here and others wont?

Anyone know any alternative products I could use?

Sorry Meguiars, I tried.

Re: Meguiar's Direct is not "Canada Friendly"

Just an update to my last post from yesterday. Sorry to all but I got a little worked up that the new products are not available. I have found some alternatives on the Canadian website, but many of the meguiars products are not available here and Meguiars direct does not ship to Canada, very disappointing.

Comment

I'm pretty sure AutoGeek ships to Canada and they have the majority of Meguiar's products.
      Brian

Comment

May I ask what products you are looking for. Here are two Canadian sources for some of Meguiar's products: eShine and Detailer's Domain.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Two products I was hoping to try that I was told are not available in Canada.
          Swirl X
          Ultimate Compound.

I'll check your links, thanks.

Rich

Comment

E-shine is great but they don'y carry very many Meguiars products. If you go to Meguiars Canada site they list Canadian supplyers. Still finding it very difficult to find produts though. Or if you do find it the cost is way out there.
            Here is part of an e-mail sent to me from Greg Norton (Meguiar's Canada Rep) in 2008 explaining why the Canaidain site has no on-line ordering.
            "We had an online store in the past and we could not justify the expense of keeping it up and runing. We were selling 500.00/ month. Therefore we indicate on our website to call us if you cant find anything that you are looking for. Many products are ot availble in Canada because of Canadian labelling regulations. If we dont have the volume on certain proucts we cannot justify making them bilingual or cccr compliant and therefore cannot sell them. If you would like to order a case of a product we do not sell that is no problem. I will price it out for you and it will take aout 4 weeks."

I hope this helps explain why some products are hard to find in Canada. Eh.
            Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
            "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

Hmm, thats all well and good, but I phoned Meguiar's Direct and they will not ship to Canada even if you special order it. Nothing, zero, nada for Ca-nada. I dunno, maybe you have to know someone.

I have trouble believing they are not selling enough to justify labelling changes. They supply all the major department stores Wal-mart, Canadian Tire, Zellers etc that is quite a few truckloads across a country with millions of customers.

My guess is they dont want the headache with returns and brokerage cross-border

Comment

I feel for Meguiars when it comes to sales in Canada.... the stupid bilingual labeling laws are cost prohibitive in many cases. As for CTC, Walmart, Zellers and the like, they don't even stock the full line of what IS available from Meguiars. They just pick a few of the biggest sellers and leave the rest for the specialty dealers. Heck, even if I drive down to Grand Forks in ND, I can't get half of what I want from Meguiars as the locals don't buy enough of it to justify carrying the entire product line.....

Shipping cross border for a company like Meguiars requires them to follow all the regulations and so if they don't have the bilingual labels, they just plain can't sell it to you. On the other hand, companies like Autogeek can ship *some* of these products to you as they are *not* the manufacturer and so the story goes. I say *some* of the products because now we're getting into what is sometimes considered hazardous products (flammable, toxic etc.), and many cannot be shipped via air or through the postal system no matter how much we want them

I've gotten the products I want through Autogeek or, if it can't be shipped in the usual manner, I get it sent to a parcel handling service, just across the border and drive down there and pick it up myself. That way, I carry it across the border as personal goods and have no issues with what it's made from. I just pay my taxes and I'm off. True, it's only an hours drive to the border for me... the parcel service I use charges $2 a package for most items unless it's really heavy in which case the price goes up, but it IS cost effective if I order enough at one time. As ADS does not ship to Canada, I always have them ship to my drop point in North Dakota and make a Saturday morning drive down to ND to pick it up....

If it was cost effective, you'd be able to buy the products you want locally.... unfortunatly, we, the detailing geeks, are not as common as we think and so we have to get creative in order to get the products we want/need.

Regards

Christian aka

Kaptain "Where there is a will, there is a way" Zero

Comment

Thanks Christian, Good post.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');