• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you catch a thief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you catch a thief?

Hey all,

I've been trying to come up with something smart for a long time but found no success, so I'm here seeking help. My girlfriend lives with three other girls, and their food is constantly being stolen. No one knows who does it, and no one knows if food is actually stolen when someone says her food is stolen. This problem's been going on for a few months now, and it's very irritating for the people in the apartment. Can you come up with some nonviolent way to catch the thief in the apartment? (In other words, you can't bury razor blades in ice cream and point out the thief when she screams)

Thanks!

Re: How do you catch a thief?

Put a camera in the area.
    2010 Volkswagen GTI.
    United Gray | 2 Door | 18s | DSG

Like me on Facebook.

Comment

Finding a spot to hide the camera is the challenge with hidden cameras. And if the camera is not wireless, hiding the wires is a bigger challenge...

Comment

Put something good in the fridge and put horse pills in the food , They will be in the bathroom all night.
        Sudzontherun serving all of the Tri-state Area

Comment

Hmmmm

How about a bit of reverse psychology? and pretend like you know who it is.
          It'll depend on what they're taking, but if it's like a sausage, or some cheese etc. Get the people in the apartment to make like a tally, and stick it right on the fridge. So, something like "1 full loaf of bread, 4 sausages, 5 onions" etc.
          Have that right on the front of the fridge, then next to it, a big sign that says "WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE, AND THAT YOU'RE STEALING OUR FOOD, YOU ARE BEING FILMED"

I'm not sure if this would work, but it might scare them a bit, you could always hide a camera as well!

Comment

Originally posted by agp423 View Post
            Hey all,

I've been trying to come up with something smart for a long time but found no success, so I'm here seeking help. My girlfriend lives with three other girls, and their food is constantly being stolen. No one knows who does it, and no one knows if food is actually stolen when someone says her food is stolen. This problem's been going on for a few months now, and it's very irritating for the people in the apartment. Can you come up with some nonviolent way to catch the thief in the apartment? (In other words, you can't bury razor blades in ice cream and point out the thief when she screams)

Thanks!
            Wow, that's totally weird.

Are you sure they're not just making up stories so you would move in with them

Comment

Ahhh, this is easy. Yehudi is probably eating the food. He's the little guy who lives in the refrigerator and turns on and off the refrigerator light.
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

a wireless camera is cheap , and quality is enough to catch the cat with sour cream on nose.
                place ...between books , boxes , clothes are hard to spot , people have routine!
                or.. move out
                proreflection
                *Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Comment

Hire a ninja.
                  James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                  Calais Auto Detailing
                  CalaisDetails@aim.com
                  www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

i just use texas justice.....

Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
                    1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
                    1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

Hire Cheaters, and tell them you have concerns of some infidelity and maybe they'll have hidden cameras installed LOL.

Comment

Two words...

Chuck Norris
                        Shane
                        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
                          Wow, that's totally weird.

Are you sure they're not just making up stories so you would move in with them
                          I would just put stickers on all my food that said I licked it and sneezed on it so if you want it go for it. LMAO

Comment

Cameras, door timer, or the Geico money staring at them.

Maybe post a sign next to the remaining food stating:

"We know who you are eating our friends and our revenge has been put into action"

That, or laxative in a special target food that the victims know about. When the **** hits the fan, you will find out or stop the thief without ever knowing.

Comment

just stick up a webcam up by a shelf.. thats what I use, when i notice some things begin to be missing :]
                              Ganesa,
                              Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');