• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Remember Your First Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do You Remember Your First Car?

When I was 15, my dad and I bought a rusty 71 Barracuda to restore. It was meant to be my first car, and we spent 2 years cutting out rust, replacing floor pans, frame rails, wheel housings... I swapped the automatic for a pistol-grip A-833 4spd with plans of a 440 six-pack feeding it. However, my dad Died around that time, and I had to work full-time in order to afford college. The Cuda never was finished, but I have it tucked away in storage until I have the money and the time to finish it up. The quote in my signature was my Dad's... He said that to me as I began Cuda shopping. He was a car guy himself owning a 71 Charger, 63 Nova, and 69 El Camino when he was young.
    "Cars make great banks but they don't pay interest"

Comment

My first car was a 1978 VW Bug that was my Grandpa's. I never got to drive it, because my parents thought it would never make it from K.C. to St. Paul Mn.. Funny, in my mind I have driven it a thousand times.
      Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

1964 GTO. I bought it in '67 for $800. The '63 Avanti I bought later the same year from a neighbor when her husband passed away, $1200.

Comment

1978 Mercury Couugar XR-7. It was one older owner who ordered it with bucket seats and a factory tachometer. My dad was his mechanic and had worked on it since it was new.
          2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
          2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');