• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Deer.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Deer.....

On the way to work about two weeks ago, at 5:30 in the morning-IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CITY I was rounding a corner on the highway at about 70 mph, when suddenly there they were....about six or eight of the four-legged car killers spread out across all three lanes. I had no where to go and could only hit the brakes (You should have seen the skidmarks even with ABS!!!). Next thing I know I'm rear-ending a good sized doe, bounce her up in the air and all I can think is "Oh great, I'm about to have a passenger when she comes through the windshield."

Turns out I gave more of a forward boost than I thought, so when she came down, I hit her again, then she goes underneath to cause more havoc under the car.

Long story short, the car was towed home and $4,100 later it was fixed. I was supposed to get it back on Friday, but when they took the car for a test drive the lower radiator hose blew. Apparently it had been damaged when the radiator and radiator core support were twisted into pretzels. And of course they can't get the hose delivered until tomorrow.

The worst part of the deal is that the deer was too messed up from the accident to save and make steaks out of.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: Oh Deer.....

You are lucky one,,My friends son hit a deer with his motorcycle Friday night and now his name is in Obits.He did not make it but the passenger is ok.

Comment

Google "911 stop and go call"

Comment

Originally posted by Mark58 View Post
        You are lucky one,,My friends son hit a deer with his motorcycle Friday night and now his name is in Obits.He did not make it but the passenger is ok.

Wow, that's terrible!

Colin
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
          ...The worst part of the deal is that the deer was too messed up from the accident to save and make steaks out of.

That's the part that makes me sad.

Colin
          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark58 View Post

That's definately far worse than what I'm going through
            Don
            12/27/2015
            "Darth Camaro"
            2013 Camaro ... triple black
            323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');