• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sigh; rain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh; rain.

It has rained like the dickens here, every day this week but Wednesday. On the news, the river is going to crest at 32 feet; flood stage in Wilkes-Barre is 23 feet. The dikes are good up to 40 feet. Up and down the rivers, widespread flooding is anticipated. I live in Mountain Top, and water is running through my back yard like a river, from the roads and driveways into the swales.

Here is the forecast for the next 24 hours (we are Luzerne County, in PA):

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service
    ...FLASH FLOOD WARNING NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BINGHAMTON NY 632 PM EST SAT APR 2 2005

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BINGHAMTON HAS ISSUED A

* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR... IN CENTRAL NEW YOORK BROOME COUNTY CHENANGO COUNTY DELAWARE COUNTY OTSEGO COUNTY SULLIVAN COUNTY TIOGA COUNTY IN NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA BRADFORD COUNTY LACKAWANNA COUNTY LUZERNE COUNTY PIKE COUNTY SUSQUEHANNA COUNTY WAYNE COUNTY WYOMING COUNTY

* UNTIL 1230 AM EST

* AT 630 PM EST... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR SHOWED WIDESPREAD MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN THROUGHOUT NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA... THE SUSQUEHANNA REGION IN NEW YORK... AND THE WESTERN CATSKILLS. RADAR ESTIMATES AND SPOTTER REPORTS INDICATE THAT 1 TO 2 INCHES OF RAIN HAS FALLEN ACROSS THE WARNING AREA... WITH LOCALLY AROUND 3 INCHES ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE POCONOS AND THE WESTERN CATSKILLS.

HEAVY RAIN WILL CONTINUE THIS EVENING... WITH ADDITIONAL AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES POSSIBLE. RUNOFF FROM THIS HEAVY RAINFALL WILL CAUSE MANY SMALL STREAMS AND CREEKS TO FLOOD. MAJOR FLOODING CAN BE EXPECTED ON SOME OF THE SMALLER STREAMS AND CREEKS IN THE WARNED AREA.

BE ESPECIALLY CAUTIOUS AT NIGHT WHEN IT IS HARDER TO RECOGNIZE THE DANGERS OF FLOODING. IF FLASH FLOODING IS OBSERVED ACT QUICKLY. MOVE UP TO HIGHER GROUND TO ESCAPE FLOOD WATERS.

Sheesh.
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

I feel for you. Wednesday and Thursday here was in the 70s. Friday (my first day off) was in the 50s, then rained all night (I was able to claying my car, but no polish or protection ) Today it started snowng and we have about 2" now
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by Don
      I feel for you. Wednesday and Thursday here was in the 70s. Friday (my first day off) was in the 50s, then rained all night (I was able to claying my car, but no polish or protection ) Today it started snowng and we have about 2" now
      I see where Cleveland had record snowfall this season 101+ inches! And apparently NE Ohio is not done yet!

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
        I see where Cleveland had record snowfall this season 101+ inches! And apparently NE Ohio is not done yet!

RamAirV1
        When I got up this morning, there was over 4"
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by Don
          When I got up this morning, there was over 4"
          Oh, what fun! I didn't realize this latest snow was that heavy. I used to live in Strongsville, SW suburb of Cleveland. At least you guys can handle the snow. Indianapolis cannot handle that. If we get 4 inches here, it basically shuts down the city! And you're taking your life in your hands if you venture out on the roads.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');