• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scored 5 gallons of Final Detail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored 5 gallons of Final Detail!

A friend of mine at work wanted me to show him the local Meg's shop near work. They sell the Detailer line and a pretty good selection of the pro line.

So my buddy was asking about 6.5" polishing pads, which they didn't have, so the clerk said he can check their other store. In the past, I've asked if they had any Final Detail in the back because I like it a lot more than Last Touch. But I never knew they had another store, so I asked him if he could check on that.

Turns out, they have a 5 gallon bottle of Final Detail in the back. Apparently someone bought it and didn't pick it up or some kind of thing. The guy says I can have it for free! Do you know what that works out to per ounce? It's crazy cheap!

I gave the guy a twenty anyway because I didn't feel right about taking it for free. But it seems like a new 5 gallon bottle, albeit quite dusty.

While my buddy was still looking around, I just sat there stroking the bottle and calling it "my precious". I made him sit in the back on the way home so my precious could sit up front.

Currently I'm trying to calculate how many squirts I can use per detail in order to use the last squirt up on my deathbed.
    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Oh, and when he saw the Aurora in the garage (I drove), he said "could it be any shinier?"

Comment

Re: Scored 5 gallons of Final Detail!

Originally posted by Aurora40
      While my buddy was still looking around, I just sat there stroking the bottle and calling it "my precious". I made him sit in the back on the way home so my precious could sit up front.

You're killing me...
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Talk about "Find Something You Like And Use It Often!!!"
        Quadruple Honda Owner
        Black cars are easy!

Comment

Wow!......What a find!

Might pay us to call around to some of these mom & pop places and see what they can't get rid of.
          r. b.

Comment

Awsome find. I think I am going to snoop around some of the local pbe stores. I found two gallon containers of the citrigel a few months back. Final detail, have to find some more of that. Enjoy, I am envious.

Comment

Re: Scored 5 gallons of Final Detail!

I've asked if they had any Final Detail in the back because I like it a lot more than Last Touch.
              I use Last Touch all the time, what's so attractive about using the Final Detail?

Comment

If you ever get the opportunity to try, or see someone else use final detail, you will understand. It is the best in my opinion. So much better than last touch. Slick and creates an amazing finish. If you ever see some anywhere get it. Put it this way, if my house were to catch fire, I would be holding my dog with my left arm and my half empty gallon of final detail in my right.

Comment

What a deal. Have fun using all the FD.

Eric
                  Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Want to sell a gallon? I miss that stuff tremendously!!!
                    -The Final Detail-
                    Lagrange, Kentucky
                    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

I wonder if Meguiars is selling much of the new formula?
                      r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
                        If you ever get the opportunity to try, or see someone else use final detail, you will understand. It is the best in my opinion. So much better than last touch. Slick and creates an amazing finish. If you ever see some anywhere get it. Put it this way, if my house were to catch fire, I would be holding my dog with my left arm and my half empty gallon of final detail in my right.
                        LOL! I agree. Last Touch does leave a nice gloss and slickness, though. I think Final Detail might be a bit slicker, though. And it seems to bead water and such better, but maybe that's in my head.

One thing for sure, though, is it applies and wipes off more easily. It is much easier to streak and haze with Last Touch than with Final Detail. I also find the smell of Last Touch to be slightly nauseating. It doesn't smell bad, but for some reason it starts to bother me after a bit.

Last Touch is a nice product, but Final Detail is an awesome product.

Comment

LOL! I agree. Last Touch does leave a nice gloss and slickness, though. I think Final Detail might be a bit slicker, though. And it seems to bead water and such better, but maybe that's in my head.

One thing for sure, though, is it applies and wipes off more easily. It is much easier to streak and haze with Last Touch than with Final Detail. I also find the smell of Last Touch to be slightly nauseating. It doesn't smell bad, but for some reason it starts to bother me after a bit.

Last Touch is a nice product, but Final Detail is an awesome product.

If someone were able to let the people who make the formulation for Last Touch know that Final Detail is STILL preferred over it, perhaps we could get a new formulation say, "Last Touch V2.0"

I just read a thread:
                          http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&threadid=5985 where he also wishes they hadn't killed Final Detail.

I use Last Touch, I like it, but I also don't like the chemical/pineapple smell which can be nauseating. All I want out of Last Touch is a deep wet looking shine after I use it without having to go thru the whole process of waxing.

Most of the time, I just clean the dust and dirt off the car and then use Last Touch by applying it, wiping it off, then wiping again on a dry side of the microfiber to bring out the shine. A 15-minute process to keep the car looking gorgeous.

I want to experiment with spraying some Last Touch while the car is still wet from washing it and seeing, since it has to be dried anyway, if it will come out even shinier, though, by spraying it on a wet surface, you are diluting Last Touch so I'm not expecting much.

I use the 1:1/Last Touch:Water dilution to clay because it says that's the ideal dilution on the cool Last Touch spray bottle.

P.S. Lt1Corvette: THAT was funny

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');