• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on K&N Filter Kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LT22
    Im sorry wrong wording I choose imported cars instead of cars manufacterd on american soil. I work at a mechanic and the majority of american cars come in have engine problems. They just need a lot of maintenance. Dont get me wrong I still love the american muscle. Especially my all time favorite Dodge Viper. IMO... I believe american technology lacks the technology in foreign made vehicles. They are poorly built, not so reliable. Toyotas in the other hand are very reliable. What im trying to say is that american vehicles need to focus more on MPG than HP. They have a missing link when building there engines. Im not trying to put anyone down or anything its just my opinion.
    My cars must be the exceptions then. My last car, a 1995 Plymouth Neon had over 140,000 miles on it when I sold it and still ran flawlessly. Being an 'all new' engine when it was released, it did have a headgasket issue, but I had no other problems in the entire time I owned the car. My wife's 1996 Jeep Cherokee has an I-6 that had a starter, a water pump and a battery fail over it's 90,000+ (and still going) life with no other problems.

My current car, a 2002 Cavalier with the 2.2 DOHC Ecotec engine just turned over 80,000 miles two days ago (I bought it with 198 miles on it) it runs better than it did new (it's almost broken in now ) and I still have the original spark plugs in it
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Believe it or not. Two different times, Two DIfferent Toyota Priviva van, one had over 300k+ miles the other just barely over 900K. These two vehicles just came in for oil changes not to long ago. They ran great.

Comment

Has anyone heard of the tornado. Im not sure how it works but yu install it in your car, suppose to be easy installation gives you 1-2 more mpg not sure if it reduces performance. Well majority of you guy have american cars IMO *****, because they need a lot of maintenance K&N Intake kits are perfect for american cars and to top off with the perfect cat-back exhaust or headers BORLA, can never go wrong with BORLA and its MILLION MILE WARRANTY.
        On older, carbureted or throttle-body injected cars, something like the tornado MIGHT have an effect since the air/fuel is being mixed right there in the carb/TB venturii and intake manifold and the 'swirl effect' MIGHT help more evenly dispurse the mix, but for the rest, I have serious doubts. I think a good cold-air intake would provide more benefits
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"

Comment

They are poorly built, not so reliable. Toyotas in the other hand are very reliable.
          Well, that's much better...

Lincoln, Buick, and Cadillac all fared better than Toyota in JD Powers most recent Vehicle Dependibility Study. But as you said, it's just your opinion, certainly nothing based on facts...
          1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
          2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
          1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

I just got hung up on the word "maintenance" I never had a MB or any german made car, or one from Italy. (although I have had a couple of toyotas) that said all the different brands I have had all needed the same maintenance at ruffly the same intervels. (oil changes, grease, ect.) I really think what makes some cars appear better built than others is the type of person it attracts.I mean the type of person that doesn't really care about car maintenance is far more likely to afford,( or at least choose to ) purchase a low end american car as opposed to spending a large amount of money on a benz. that said if a person can afford to put out that money on a benz and chooses to do so, that same person is probably more likely to go over the top on maintenance giving the "apperance" that the benz is better built down the road. does that make sense?
            2019 GMC Sierra
            1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by 2000
              I just got hung up on the word "maintenance" I never had a MB or any german made car, or one from Italy. (although I have had a couple of toyotas) that said all the different brands I have had all needed the same maintenance at ruffly the same intervels. (oil changes, grease, ect.) I really think what makes some cars appear better built than others is the type of person it attracts.I mean the type of person that doesn't really care about car maintenance is far more likely to afford,( or at least choose to ) purchase a low end american car as opposed to spending a large amount of money on a benz. that said if a person can afford to put out that money on a benz and chooses to do so, that same person is probably more likely to go over the top on maintenance giving the "apperance" that the benz is better built down the road. does that make sense?
              I would say that nearly any car that receives regular maintanence or in the case of 99.999% of the cars on this and similar forums receive "over the top" maintanence they will look and last nearly forever.

However there would still be some who say that I just got 'lucky' with my Jeep and Cavalier and got an accidental good one, that my psychotic maintanence rituals using only the best products available had nothing to do with it
              Don
              12/27/2015
              "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Originally posted by 2000
                According to Consumer Reports, MB's reliability has slipped somwhat in recent years. That's unusual for that brand!

CR also said that American cars are getting more reliable too, but the Japanese cars are still the best.
                r. b.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');