• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stealing Gas....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealing Gas....

I got home today and got to watch a fella trying to siphon gas out of my disabled Dodge Dynasty. It was very interesting so I sat in my other car, and called the cops and watched as he acted like it was his car and tried to explain to the officer that it was his car and that he was getting gas out of it for his wife's car.

Poor guy was unable to get any gas (anti siphon spring in the fill tube).

When I got out of my car and ask if there was a problem, the officer asked if I knew who's car it was... and said... well yes I do ... the ower is standing in front of you, the guy was smiling and giving me the thumbs up,
    well until I took out my spare key and opened the door. His "Wife" proceeded to drive away and the officer was more than happy to give him a ride in his car... I assume to help him catch up with his wife.

I'll say one thing ... Some people!
    Last edited by BlkBear; Sep 3, 2005, 07:16 AM.

Gotta love it
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Re: Stealing Gas....update

Got a call from the police today, with a date to go to court. Hate sending someone one to jail for not getting what he was after, but don't do the crime if you'd rather not do the time.

Oh and the fella turned his "wife" in (from what I understand she in even more trouble, the found drugs in the car and the apartment they were sharing, the car and apartment are in her name. Hummm I smell deal of some sort in the works... she sure know how to pick 'em!

Sheeesh maybe it's a good thing I'm moving in a week!

Comment

Hehe,
        I remember about 20 years ago my little dog started barking in the middle of the night which was unusual. I got up and saw 2 guys trying to get gas out of my truck. I loaded the 12 Guage, eased at the back door and shot a round in the air.

Those nice guys left me 3 brand new 5 Gallon gas cans and some very nice hose.

The next day I followed their footsteps a little ways through the cornfield to see if maybe the had left me any other presents. Unfortunately I found nothing but was amazed at the spacing between their footsteps. Must have been 12-15' between steps. Those guys must have been moving right along.

I never bothered caling the police as I probably should not have fired off the round in the first place.
        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

You know j333, if I had had a shot gun, it would have been funny, but living in an apartment complex, I'm sure someone else would ave called the police and I'd have been the one in jail! YIKES!

I wonder if I should have asked him if he needed some help, inestead of calling the police? Heheheh I mean those cars that have anti-siphon things in their fill tubes are a bugger to get gas out of and all!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');