• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars.com not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars.com not working?

For some reason when I tried to get on meguiars.com it didn't work and said page cannot be displayed. Anyone else have the same result when trying to access this page? I know it couldn't be my computer because I can visit other websites easily.

Re: Meguiar's.com not working?

Originally posted by F-150
    For some reason when I tried to get on Meguiar's.com it didn't work and said page cannot be displayed. Anyone else have the same result when trying to access this page? I know it couldn't be my computer because I can visit other websites easily.

I just checked and you're right, for some reason the site is down, I'll forward this to Ross the Meguiars.com webmaster.

Thanks for the heads-up!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

We've contacted VitalStream in LA where our webservers are located. Vital Stream tells me that there is a major power outage in LA. While VitalStream is still up and running on backup power, no one is able to get to them due to the city-wide outage that has brought all the routers down. No estimate of when power will be restored.

Ross Conradi
      Webmaster
      Meguiar's, Inc.

Comment

Here's the story from a local NBC TV website,

Los Angeles Department of Water and Power officials said the outage was linked to human error at a receiving station near Burbank. Workers connected the wrong wires, causing a surge of power that led to shutdowns at three power generating stations, according to officials.

Receiving stations take high-voltage power from generating stations and convert it to lower voltage. It can then be used throughout the city.

Ron Deaton, general manager of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, said the system is designed to shut down when it receives too much power.

"They connected it to another line that was not expecting that much electricity," said Deaton.

Power went out at about 1 p.m.

The cable has been rewired, according to authorities. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's office said at 2:30 p.m. that power was restored to 90 percent of Los Angeles customers.

Authorities said power will be restored to all areas by Monday evening.

Traffic lights, including ramp meters, were affected by the outages. Officials said the outage might slow traffic Monday afternoon.

A major portion of the San Fernando Valley reported outages, but power was being restored in some areas just before 2 p.m.

Several schools were without power. Students were kept in classrooms.

Sporadic outages occurred in downtown Los Angeles. Authorities said some people were trapped in elevators in the downtown area.

Los Angeles International Airport lost power, but an emergency generator was triggered. No flights were affected. UCLA Medical Center used backup generators and reported no danger to patients.

The outage also affected Burbank, which is part of a system separate from surrounding communities.

Emergency services were operating, according to authorities. The police department was on "full tactical alert," meaning officers remained on duty past their scheduled shifts.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

It appears meguiars.com is back up. But they are warning of sporatic outages thorugh tonight so be patient if the site appears down again.

Ross

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');