PDA

View Full Version : any tricks of the trade for my wheels?

steveo3002
Jan 31st, 2006, 08:19 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/pigbladder/HQ0.jpg

i really struggle to stay on top of these keeping these wheels nice. i could use some ideas on how to use metal polish close to the bolts? theres not enough room to make a back n forth motion to buff at the metal in the tight corners or around the bolts

any ideas please...and no i dont run them in winter:wall:

Murr1525
Jan 31st, 2006, 08:55 AM
Soft toothbrush? Maybe a baby's brush?

everglo
Jan 31st, 2006, 03:24 PM
Buy a Dremel kit. With the right attachment you should be able to get into most areas. Otherwise, purchase different wheels. Those are ghastly to clean.

gb387
Jan 31st, 2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by everglo
Buy a Dremel kit. With the right attachment you should be able to get into most areas. Otherwise, purchase different wheels. Those are ghastly to clean.

Dremel... good idea, the wheels look great but like mentioned above look like a nightmare.
:wall:

SpoiledMan
Jan 31st, 2006, 07:07 PM
The idea with a wheel like this is to be dedicated to keeping them clean. Use a wheel cleaner that is safe for "all" wheels including polished aluminum. As long as you stay on top of them they wont be a problem. If you get behind, you'll pay!

everglo
Jan 31st, 2006, 09:09 PM
I've got it! You could maybe even patent this idea and make some $$$ off of it. Take a socket(from your socket set) that is a few sizes bigger than the bolts placing a good quality MF towel over the opening, add appropriate metal polish and twist. Voila! As long as you keep a clean portion of the towel on it scratching should be kept to a minimum. Please let me know how this works.

steveo3002
Jan 31st, 2006, 11:33 PM
the socket idea isnt a bad idea:xyxthumbs