PDA

View Full Version : Makita 9227c

pklin
Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:38 PM
Hello all,

I have just purchased and received a used (bought but never used by original owner) Makita 9227c rotary buffer wanting to venture out into the scary world of rotary buffing. :-)
Since it was used, not all parts that were included with the machine originally could be found. I am currently missing the Hex wrench needed to remove the factory backing plate, and the Makita website doesn't tell me what size I need. Can someone tell me what size wrench I'll need to clamp onto the spindle to remove the pad?
This Makita also came with the U-shaped handle and I would like to have the side handle... Anyone know where I might find that as well? Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Peter

pklin
Feb 24th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Anyone?

KTruck
Feb 24th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Hi:

Can not post links here; so you need to search for the Makita web site.

If you look in the service area you will be able to find information and a manual for the tool you have.

You should be able to contact the service center for your area and get any part you need for the tool: wrench, handle, etc..

That's how I do it.

Regards,

KTruck

pklin
Feb 24th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks much! I will try that.

BenP
Feb 24th, 2006, 09:50 AM
You shouldn't need a hex wrench to get the backing plates off - mine has a black button on the top which locks the spindle.

Ben

pklin
Feb 24th, 2006, 11:41 AM
I was wondering what that button was for... Though when I first got the machine I tried pushing it and it didn't move... I'll try it again today when I get off work. Thanks.

Peter

YukonG
Feb 28th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Push the black button while rotating the backing plate by hand. You should feel the spindle lock engage, allowing you to simply unscrew the backing plate.

Hope this helps. :D