PDA

View Full Version : 6.5" pads.

KLnyc
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Hello guys,

Anyone here using 6" or 6.5" on their rotary? The reaseon I asked, I have few of them that I left behind when I was still using the PC to polish. I dont want to trash them out, so I was wondering if I can use the 6.5" or 6" pads on my rotary? And yes, I already bought the 5" bp, just incase :D

SpoiledMan
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I use them most of the time. It's a rare occasion that I pull out the 8" ones. The 6's are easier to control and a bit safer.

sneek
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by SpoiledMan
I use them most of the time. It's a rare occasion that I pull out the 8" ones. The 6's are easier to control and a bit safer. i like the nice tingly numbing feling 8' pads will give your hands on a pc

Tim Lingor
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by KLnyc
Hello guys,

Anyone here using 6" or 6.5" on their rotary? The reaseon I asked, I have few of them that I left behind when I was still using the PC to polish. I dont want to trash them out, so I was wondering if I can use the 6.5" or 6" pads on my rotary? And yes, I already bought the 5" bp, just incase :D

Of course you can! :) In fact, many prefer using the 6.5" with the rotary as they allow you to get the pad into tighter areas and around odd shapes and contours. :)

Tim

KLnyc
Mar 14th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Okay guys thanks.. I'm going order few of those 6.5" pad now.
:D What about those 4" on a rotary?

Tim Lingor
Mar 14th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Hey,

I did spot the other day a backing plate and a tiny pad, around 3"!!! I am not sure what brand it was. I may have to take a second look at it! :)

Tim

pklin
Mar 15th, 2006, 05:06 PM
3" pads and backing plates are sold on Auto Detailing Supplies. I plan to get some for my Makita rotary for those "really" tight places.