PDA

View Full Version : APC on tan carpet

05PhillyStang
Apr 15th, 2006, 10:29 AM
I started an interior detail on my girlfriend's car today. I wasn't planning on cleaning the carpets, but after everything turned out so nice, I have to hit the carpets.

If I use APC and aggitate it with a brush, what is my next step. Do I just wipe it with a clean terry cloth then use a shop-vac? Or do I have to rinse? If so, how do I go about this?

Thanks for the help!!

gbackus
Apr 15th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Without an extractor, what I would do is lightly spray the carpets, and let the chemical dwell for 3-5 minutes, then I agitate it.(I like to use a PC brush attachment, but any hand brush will do) The next thing to do would be to take a terry towel and wrap it around the brush to pull the chemical and stains out of the carpet.

Now you have two options. You can just re vac the carpet, OR lightly spray warm/hot water onto one section at a time, retowel the section, and vaccum it up. The second option is more time consuming but will pull the most chemical out of the carpet without an extractor.

Michael Stoops
Apr 15th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I've used APC on tan carpet (dark grey too) with the PC brush attachment, then followed up with a Bissel Little Green Clean Machine using only plain, warm water in it. First I sucked up all the cleaner I could, then went back and lightly rinsed with mild agitation, then gave it a final light rinse. Worked great!

Magic
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by gbackus
I like to use a PC brush attachment

What is this PC Brush attachment, and where can I get it?

sneek
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:16 PM
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1894_1686197
they look like that
just do a search on google for porter cable+brush