PDA

View Full Version : All Season Dressing- This stuff rocks!

gb387
May 2nd, 2006, 01:23 PM
All Season Dressing (http://www.meguiars.com/?detailer-dressings/All-Season-Dressing)

OK.... 2hotford(Tim) speaks very highly of this product so, I thought I would give it a try and this stuff rocks! It didn't take very many uses to realize how good this product really is, the look of it is hard to beat! I only purchased a "Sample" but it should last me the summer, until I order a gallon!

I have used it a few time and couldn't be happier. The look is hard to beat. IMO the scent of the product needs a little work, it stinks!

As for application... As suggested I use a High-Tech Applicator Pad (http://www.meguiars.com/?specialized-tools-applicators/High-Tech-Applicator-Pad) to apply the product, let it sit for 10-15 min or so then wipe down with an old cotton terry towel. Application can get a little messy but its worth it. I have found this easier to apply on tires with lots of grooves over Endurance and IMO the look is step above Endurance but... I will have to see if it holds up as well as Endurance(I will report back on this).

Here are a few of my uses:
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/121All_Season_Dressing_2.jpg
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/121All_Season_Dressing_1.jpg

Its a little hard to see but I used it on all the lower plastic trim of this Lexus:
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/121Lexus_1.jpg

Tim Lingor
May 2nd, 2006, 01:27 PM
Hey Gb,

I told you you would love it!! :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

I would suggest you use a dedicated MF towel instead of the cotton.

Please keep us updated! :)

Tim

Paramedic
May 2nd, 2006, 02:38 PM
I really like the ASD. I primarly bought it for the spray on bed liner on my lower body line, but I use the stuff in the bed too with the spray on bed liner there too. Nice thing about it is it does not make the surface too slick where stuff slides. a 6 gallon gas can full does not slide with it. Looks great and lasts quite a while!

gb387
May 2nd, 2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Paramedic
I really like the ASD. I primarly bought it for the spray on bed liner on my lower body line, but I use the stuff in the bed too with the spray on bed liner there too. Nice thing about it is it does not make the surface too slick where stuff slides. a 6 gallon gas can full does not slide with it. Looks great and lasts quite a while!

I have a bed matt and I have tried Hyper Dressing on it and its too slick... Next time I will have to give ASD a try.

LAfirefytr
May 2nd, 2006, 02:48 PM
so you use it on spray in bedliners? I just bought some ASD and was curious if it would work in the bedliner or not. I have a Line X liner in my Titan that is a little faded and could use a little pick me up. Sounds like ASD may be the ticket.

Paramedic
May 2nd, 2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by LAfirefytr
so you use it on spray in bedliners? I just bought some ASD and was curious if it would work in the bedliner or not. I have a Line X liner in my Titan that is a little faded and could use a little pick me up. Sounds like ASD may be the ticket.

Thats what I use and it makes it shine real nice. However when you apply it on the bedliners, since they are a polyurathane its not going to soak in, so make sure you apply it thin and then wipe the excess off with a microfiber dedicated to your box. Sure does bead up nice when it rains or you get it wet and it does last a while too. I will make it a little slick, but not too bad. I got RhinoLine on mine and it is less sandpaper like compared to LineX so you will probably have less sliding objects then I do. If its anything important TIE IT DOWN! Another thing you can do too is check with your LineX dealer because I know Rhino sells a product that is supose to bring the color back. I never tried it, sice mine is about a 3 months old so I just keep it up with ASD to prevent it from dulling out...

LAfirefytr
May 2nd, 2006, 04:40 PM
sounds like it will work well. Someone else told me I should check w/ Line X and that they now have a coating they can put on thay adds a gloss protection and restores it to new and it will not fade. My closest dealer is now 1 /2 hours away so I just haven't had time to investigate the possibilities.
I see you are a critical care flight paramedic. That's awesome. I'm a Fire-Medic for our Metropolitan area here in Alabama. We have a large rural area on the west side of our city and we have LifeFlight helicopters out of Pensaclola Baptist Hospital. There is one stationed here and and one in P'Cola. We launch them quite regularly for some of our critical trauma calls. I have a good friend that came on the dept the same time I did and he' s a flight Medic for them now. He loves it.

Paramedic
May 4th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by LAfirefytr
sounds like it will work well. Someone else told me I should check w/ Line X and that they now have a coating they can put on thay adds a gloss protection and restores it to new and it will not fade. My closest dealer is now 1 /2 hours away so I just haven't had time to investigate the possibilities.
I see you are a critical care flight paramedic. That's awesome. I'm a Fire-Medic for our Metropolitan area here in Alabama. We have a large rural area on the west side of our city and we have LifeFlight helicopters out of Pensaclola Baptist Hospital. There is one stationed here and and one in P'Cola. We launch them quite regularly for some of our critical trauma calls. I have a good friend that came on the dept the same time I did and he' s a flight Medic for them now. He loves it.

Its s fun job! I love it. It has its ups and downs as you know. We are a very busy agency. We average 3000+ plus air calls a year. We have 3 helios and 2 airplanes, 2 echo units at the hanger. The ground division has 9 ALS rigs with 3 echo units. They get about 4500 calls a year.
I used to be a full time fire fighter for the city here. I had the opportunity director of air division making $1k more a year and working 1000 hours less a year so I took it :)

LAfirefytr
May 4th, 2006, 05:44 PM
nothing wrong w/ More $$$ and LESS hrs! I'm a believer in that plan. Keep up the good work. I fully understand what goes along w/ your job and relate to what you face. I love what I do other than the $$$ or lack therof for what we do.....Good to meet ya on here.

mh68
Dec 23rd, 2006, 06:03 PM
I know this is an old post but I agree, ASD is awesome!! I use it in wheel wells, tires and plastic body cladding.

Tire:
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/Photo-0045.jpg

You can see part of the wheel well in this one and the body cladding and side view mirror:
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/Photo-0047.jpg

The front bumper with ASD on the right and nothing on the left:
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/Photo-0043.jpg

Pic quality isn't that great but it gives you an idea.

Mike

gb387
Dec 24th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Great bumper shot, really shows the product.

Right now I just have a 'sample' 32oz and next spring I am going to get a gallon well worth it!

mh68
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Great bumper shot, really shows the product.

Right now I just have a 'sample' 32oz and next spring I am going to get a gallon well worth it!

That's what I've been using since mid summer. I'm going to buy a gallon also in spring. I've been using it on customers cars and they really love it!

Mike

Tim Lingor
Dec 24th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Hey,

I have gone through several gallons of ASD and love it as much now as I did when Gb started this thread! It is awesome! :spot

Tim

mh68
Dec 24th, 2006, 11:07 AM
I just found MOL earlier this year and didn't know that Megs had so many products and product lines. The stores in my area only carry the basic consumer line, GC and some NXT. But now I'm using products mostly from the professional and detailers lines and I haven't been disappointed yet!
Mike

vettemaniac
Jan 2nd, 2007, 03:41 PM
When you guys apply ASD, do you just pour a little on an applicator pad or spray it on from a bottle? I was thinking of ordering some but wasn't sure if it is a thick or thin product, or if I should get a bottle for it.

gb387
Jan 2nd, 2007, 03:45 PM
I spray it out of the bottle on to my applicator then apply... I would get a spray bottle easier to control the amount of product. It is a thicker liquid not watery but not as thick as Endurance(if you have used endurance). does that help?

vettemaniac
Jan 2nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
I spray it out of the bottle on to my applicator then apply... I would get a spray bottle easier to control the amount of product. It is a thicker liquid not watery but not as thick as Endurance(if you have used endurance). does that help?

That helps a ton. Thank you so much, looks like I'll be placing an order tonight. party: :laughing

Lydia
Jan 3rd, 2007, 07:13 AM
Does one have to use an applicator? Or could it just be sprayed onto wheel wells and then wiped with a cloth after it's set for a while? I'm trying to decide what to get for a dressing for wheel wells/engine/exterior black trim...could it be used to dress things in the engine compartment?

gorin002
Jan 3rd, 2007, 08:48 AM
if i knew back than about this man i wouls`t messed my bumper
this goes under professional line.wander if we have it
at http://www.meguiars.nl/

Backcountry
Jan 25th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Does one have to use an applicator? Or could it just be sprayed onto wheel wells and then wiped with a cloth after it's set for a while?

I know it's been several weeks since you asked this, but I figure you (or someone else) might still be looking for an answer.

For trim, I highly recommend using an applicator, even something as simple as a terry towel. Applying it this way will get you an even coat and stretch your ASD supply farther. It also saves you the step of having to come back to it once it's dried and wipe up areas where it went on too heavy or pooled.

For wheel wells, I just spray it and let it dry. Since they're mainly vertical, it seems to level itself out well and dries looking rich and even. It doesn't get much easier. ;) I'd post a pic of my wells, but I was offroad yesterday and all you can see is dried mud.

Stick to Hyper-Dressing for under the hood: ASD's a solvent dressing.

Mike Phillips
Jan 25th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks for posting your suggestions Backcountry... sometimes it's hard to be aware of or answer every questions.

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

PaBlkBrd
Jan 25th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I like the way it keeps your black mirrors, bumpers, and trims looking new......and it lasts too :coolgleam

gb387
Mar 26th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I have been using this product for sometime and I continue to be amazed at the look it provides.... its 'just right' for me on both tires and plastic. This has to be one of my top products in my collection!

Now that I have even more plastic I think I am going to need a gallon!
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/590/medium/All_Season_Dressing.jpg

In the photo, you can see what I missed with the applicator (near the tail light where the black plastic meets the body panel) as you can see it makes a difference!