PDA

View Full Version : Ballpen mark on jaguar leather seats

teammgwrs
Jun 11th, 2004, 02:59 AM
guys,

how can I remove pen marks on jaguar leather seats

DETLMAN
Jun 11th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Pen marks can be very hard to remove from leather. And Jags are even harder because the way some of the leather is coated. Only thing I can offer is advice to be VERY carefull what you try to get it off with Its easy to damage or remove the coating on some Jag seats.

Sorry I couldnt be more help, maybe someone else will have a remedy.

jfelbab
Jun 11th, 2004, 06:00 AM
I'd try isopropol alcohol. Test in an inconspicuous area first. Treat area with a conditioner after cleaning.

teammgwrs
Jun 11th, 2004, 07:00 PM
guys,

thanks for your reply. how may % IPA should I use????? Can use a well diluted APC????

jfelbab
Jun 11th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by teammgwrs
guys,

thanks for your reply. how may % IPA should I use????? Can use a well diluted APC????

I used it undiluted. Pour a small amount on to a white terry cloth towel and rub the spot lightly but quickly and keep using clean parts of the towel. The IPA will evaporate quickly. You may need a few applications but it should dissolve the ink and remove it. Be sure to condition the leather after this as the alcohol will dry the leather.

mirrorfinishman
Jul 31st, 2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by DETLMAN
Only thing I can offer is advice to be VERY carefull what you try to get it off with Its easy to damage or remove the coating on some Jag seats.

This is very good advice. Be careful. Do not use anything that may damage the coating on your leather seats.

sped
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:49 PM
While looking for leather products for the CLK320 I came across this website: http://www.leatherique.com./Jaguar_leather_Care.htm
You may want to contat them, looks like they will have what you need.

Regards,
Ed