PDA

View Full Version : Favorite detailing spray

onnfire
Jun 21st, 2006, 06:03 PM
I got the idea after reading it from an old post. What is your favorite detailing spray and why?

MikeGT
Jun 21st, 2006, 06:18 PM
nxt :)
dont really know why, I just love the shine it produces. Its basically a tie between nxt and QD

BoilerPete
Jun 21st, 2006, 06:31 PM
NXT Generation™ Speed Detailer for my met. (paint finish) green Chevy Pickup, but for my black Chevy, Last Touch is 2nd too none! For detailing from top to bottom (even chrome bumper), everyday use, QD is still King and still (in my opinion) smells the best!

Michael Stoops
Jun 21st, 2006, 07:18 PM
Last Touch Foam Detailer

Not only my favorite detailing spray but maybe my favorite Meguiar's product overall. I love the foaming action, I love how slick the finish feels after using it.

miked2
Jun 21st, 2006, 08:01 PM
I have to admit, I've tried FI, QD, and Nxt SD, and I can't really tell much of a difference except for the smell. :(

gb387
Jun 22nd, 2006, 03:25 AM
Last Touch.... I really like the look it leaves behind, the smell is great and very inexpensive.

del_badboy
Jun 22nd, 2006, 03:52 AM
last touch, and love the smell..

RamAirV1
Jun 22nd, 2006, 05:06 AM
NXT Speed Detailer and Last Touch a very close second. Both QD products extend the life of the sealant. And both do a great job of removing dust without causing swirls! They both smell very good too!

I use #21 maintained by Last Touch QD on my front bumper and am very impressed with how easy the bugs come off when I QD.

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Last Touch Liquid smells better than the foam but they work equally well. The foam smells exactly like Final Detail, which is OK though.

RamAirV1

Jason23
Jun 22nd, 2006, 05:48 AM
I would have to vote on Last Touch which i bought ( 1 gallon ) and currently using :) I am really satisfied with this product. I like this product so much that i think i am stocking up with the 5 gallon one's lol. I am also a user of NXT Speed detailer which i am currently using on the brake dust on my wheels :)

capitolason2
Jun 22nd, 2006, 10:41 AM
I use Quick Detailer. It is economical and does a great job. I use it a lot as a lubricant with clay. I am now able to get Final Inspection locally in the gallon size so I will start using it when my QD runs out. I've tried the NXT and it works great also.

farmboy
Jun 22nd, 2006, 11:25 AM
I have used all but last touch. I was going to get a gallon of #34 or last touch, but could not decide which. After the results of this poll I will be buying last touch liquid.

Do you use last touch stright from the gallon or do you dilute it?

Kickin Griffin
Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:52 PM
Without any hesitation or shadow of doubt, its got to be Last Touch for me. Such great value for money, smells wonderful, is super slick so a very safe clay lubricant, and very safe at removing light dust, leaves a nice gloss and is ideal for finishing off a car as the "last touch" before customer collection.

F-150
Jun 22nd, 2006, 02:17 PM
I like Last Touch the most. But for some reason I like to clay with speed detailer or quik detailer more.

mh68
Jun 22nd, 2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Mike-in-Orange
Last Touch Foam Detailer

Not only my favorite detailing spray but maybe my favorite Meguiar's product overall. I love the foaming action, I love how slick the finish feels after using it.

So is it the liquid Last Touch in the gallon size and it just foams up when you spray it or do you have to use the foaming sprayer? Do you use it full strength?

Mike

Michael Stoops
Jun 22nd, 2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by mh68
So is it the liquid Last Touch in the gallon size and it just foams up when you spray it or do you have to use the foaming sprayer? Do you use it full strength?

Mike
No, it's the relatively new aerosol spray from the Detailer line. Good thread on it at http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11387

I was fortunate enough to have Mike Phillips hand me a can of the stuff at the end of a Wednesday night session and tell me to take it home and try it out.

I bought a case.:D

Green Ninja
Jun 24th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I have used both Final Inspection and Quick Detailer. Probably went through more QD then FI for no particular reason. I really can't tell the difference between the two. Happy with both.

RamAirV1
Jun 24th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by F-150
I like Last Touch the most. But for some reason I like to clay with speed detailer or quik detailer more.

A lot of users feel that Last Touch is too slick for claying. IMHO, Quik Detailer and FI work well for claying so you might as well stay with the cheaper QDs for claying. Claying can take a lot of QD if you are doing an entire car!

RamAirV1

RCBuddha
Jun 28th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by RamAirV1
A lot of users feel that Last Touch is too slick for claying.

Diluted 1:1 (per instructions) LT is just fine as a clay lube. It is also more economical, currently 16.99 @ ADS vs. 20.99 for FI.

RZ Autodetailing
Jun 28th, 2006, 09:11 PM
I also love the last touch ..i think it gives a nice final wipe down after a detail .I also like to dilude it 1 to 1 for a claying lube too.And the tropical smell makes you wanna use it as a sun tan lotion it smells so good.

SiriusRIMZ
Jun 30th, 2006, 06:05 PM
QD and NXT for me. I picked QD because Its cheaper than NXT for me, and does the same job. I find that NXT has better lubricty when using with clay, so its better for surfaces that are scratch sensitive.

RamAirV1
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:05 PM
My dad's Grand Prix GTP got stuck under a lawn sprinkler system and had major hard water spots all over it! At first, I thought that I would be spending most of Saturday with #83 and the PC in an attempt to remove the spots. Then I thought that if I caught the water spots early enough, maybe I can remove most of them with a good QD session. I grabbed a bottle of NXT Speed Detailer and went to work. It removed 95 percent of the water spots! I was very impressed as these were severe water spots that were baked into the paint by 95 degree temperatures. I'm sure the paint surface was much hotter than that!

Needless to say, I am even more impressed with the Speed Detailer than before! I have never been able to remove water spots like that with other QDs. After all, that is asking a lot of a quick detailer.

NXT Speed Detailer :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

RamAirV1

Estranged
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:19 AM
For just cleanups, I would use #34, but when I want to leave (and actually feel) and slick coat of protection, I use NXT speed detailer hence why I voted for it...Also zero streaking and it almost dries itself after a quick wipedown.

oc detailer
Aug 2nd, 2006, 08:04 AM
quik detailer for me, although i noticed while using it on my black car yesterday, that it caused all kins of sreaking, that i was unable to buff out wiping it with a clean micro fiber towel, like it caused some areas to look darker than others, anyone know whats the cause of this?

Lt1Corvette
Aug 2nd, 2006, 01:07 PM
Final Detail. No longer available, but my favorite Meguiars detail spray.

Rockpick
Aug 17th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
Final Detail. No longer available, but my favorite Meguiars detail spray.

110% agreed!

cute02spec
Oct 1st, 2006, 04:48 PM
All I have used so far is Quik Detailer, but I plan on ordering a gallon of Last Touch to use this coming show season since I will be needing a lot of it. I am pleased with Quik Detailer, although sometimes it takes a lot of elbow grease to get some water spots off with it.

RamAirV1
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:50 PM
You will like the Last Touch! It is very good and very slick. Much better than Quik Detailer IMHO. LT adds protection, Quik Detailer does not. I found NXT Speed Detailer the best at removing water spots.

RamAirV1

Tom Claessens
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:26 AM
Mix QD with NXT Speed Detailer. (mix as in use QD or NXT; not mix them up ;))

hammer55
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:27 AM
QUOTE] I found NXT Speed Detailer the best at removing water spots.[/quote]
RamAirV1[/quote]
didnt know that, will have to get some to try, thanks

rascal
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:40 AM
I use NXT on my car and use good ole' QD for clay bar. Either one will do the trick, but I like using the NXT Detailer on my car since I use NTX wax on it. :D

kellyinkc
Oct 9th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Just got 34. Like it very much!!

Hemin8r
Oct 24th, 2006, 12:23 PM
I just started using Last Touch & man it leaves a real nice slick coating. Especially right before delivering the detailed vehicle to the customer. Thumbs up on this one.

breastroker
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Running out of my gallon of Final Detail.

How does Final Inspection compare? I use about a gallon every year on my Bentley and Mercedes cars. I use NXT every three months and wipe with Final detail every week.

Where can I find Final Inspection locally in South Bay, Los Angeles area?

gofastman
Nov 11th, 2006, 09:44 AM
I like Speed Detailer for cars with a coat of NXT and light soil, for moderate soil I use Optimum No-Rinse wash mixed at 4oz./gal as a QD

mh68
Nov 11th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I just did a side by side comparison of NXT and Last Touch foam on my vehicle after getting rained on with a light dust. The NXT was harder to wipe off and wanted to streak. The Last Touch was awesome! Wiped off really easy, cleaned very well and left a "just waxed" slick feel to it whereas the NXT didn't. Last Touch is the only QD I'll be using!

Mike

KYMEGS
Feb 4th, 2007, 05:58 AM
When I use my Last Touch on my metalic paint auto's people think I have spent hours waxing to get that knd of shine, reflection, & smooth finish. But really it only took me 10 minutes with a micro fiber towel.
That's when you just say it was a long day in the garage,but worth it.
Kevin

veedub Mike
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:43 AM
I use Final Inspection all the time.
Got me a bottle of Speed Detailer lately and really like the smell and also how it works. Think about getting a gallon of Last Touch though.....

hondaprelude98
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:45 AM
I used them all, but i like last touch the best

PaBlkBrd
Feb 18th, 2007, 12:07 PM
I like Last Touch the best, plus you get more bang for your buck with it when you dilute it a bit and it still works great! :cool:

sixty7mustang22
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Last Touch

ccr
May 1st, 2007, 08:13 AM
I have to admit, I've tried FI, QD, and Nxt SD, and I can't really tell much of a difference except for the smell. :(same here i tried quick detailer, and speed detailer and i cant see any difference just in the smell

smokinfastlegend
Dec 16th, 2007, 05:35 PM
i hate bumping old threads, but I use last touch now. I tried final inspection and found that it turned the surface i was protecting into a matte finish but last touch left a deep finish.

Jimmy The Detailer
Dec 17th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Quick Detailer bar none. Quik Detailer great for claying. NXT is great but with the advent of UQD, well, there is no more competition. Gotta love the hydrophobic and spreading water fear.

BINGO53
Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Quick Detailer bar none. Quik Detailer great for claying. NXT is great but with the advent of UQD, well, there is no more competition. Gotta love the hydrophobic and spreading water fear.

I pretty much agree with Mr Detailer above, but for my vehicles, NXT Speed Detailer followed by Spray Wax gives a really something special for a quick "amp-up" It seems to really pop the metalic in my gold car.

spence82
Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
UQD is a great product i have 2 bottles, but zaino's z8 i think is the absolute best out there,i have been milking a bottle for a year in a half,considering its $20

Jimmy The Detailer
Jan 2nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
I pretty much agree with Mr Detailer above, but for my vehicles, NXT Speed Detailer followed by Spray Wax gives a really something special for a quick "amp-up" It seems to really pop the metalic in my gold car.

LOL, thats my father's name hahahaha. That was funny, the mr. detailer. Makes me sound so old. Ah, I'll probably detail till arthritis says otherwise :0)

onawrxhigh
Jan 2nd, 2008, 07:41 PM
UQD it just adds that last something special.

Andrew

onnfire
Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:23 PM
Is there any way that UQD could be added to the list?

Patman
Jan 15th, 2008, 04:06 AM
I can't believe how awesome UQD is! I was constantly fighting with the amount of dust that would stick to my daily driven black Corvette, but after I started using UQD last year I noticed a major reduction in the amount of dust buildup! And it definitely improved the darkness of the black finish too. I can't wait until winter goes away here so I can start adding UQD on top of my NXT 2.0, I hear that combo is killer! I don't bother using UQD in the wintertime since it would be a waste of product right now, the roads are too messy so my car never stays clean for very long.

I love the hydrophobic properties of UQD, it just makes the water fly off the paint! This has resulted in less water spots after driving in the rain too. I was so happy when I found out that NXT 2.0 was going to use this technology too!

Andy M.
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:05 AM
UQD hands down is my favorite for an LSP. Quik detailer for claying is a must.

Andy
101impala

daniel
Jan 15th, 2008, 10:26 PM
NXT detailer for me. I find it better as it's thicker. UQD seems to watery for me, making me feel that it's lubricant level is lower.

Wolf-Strong
Jan 15th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I change my vote. Last Touch is my #1 favorite for clay, though I use Optimum No Rinse just because it is dirt cheap. Final Inspection is my favorite for when I am using a rotary and need to quickly clean the surface, while UQD is without a doubt, my favorite detailing product for maintaining my NXT V2 protected surface :)

RamAirV1
Jan 16th, 2008, 04:53 AM
NXT detailer for me. I find it better as it's thicker. UQD seems to watery for me, making me feel that it's lubricant level is lower.

I also like the NXT SD. It is a very good all around detailer, plus it can be used for claying. If I'm buffing and the #83 gums up on the paint the SD is a big help in removing it. I used it exclusively before UQD was available. One can even use the UQD once per week and the SD for daily dust removal.

RamAirV1

Egleone6
Jan 25th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I like EagleOne Quick Detailer. I am getting ready to mix some ONR and water for another QD.

TimG
Jun 1st, 2008, 04:14 AM
M135 . Love the smell. Good at cleaning fingerprints. Plus - hydrophobic feat. Been using for 3 months plus. AD,for claying - LT, period.

Tim

R1C4
Jun 20th, 2008, 09:53 AM
UQD here.

EPHIOS
Nov 8th, 2008, 06:31 AM
I have used all of them (I think). QD is a nice everyday detailer, leaves the finish with some gloss. Final Inspection is great for claying, just enough slickness, and leaves your paint with MATTE finish. Speed Detailer smells great, and very slick, however it gets a bit pricy in the long run. UQD also smells great, slicker than the Speed Detailer, and sheets-off water very well. Well, my current favorite is LAST TOUCH, I just bought a gallon. It smells great (I still like UQD's scent a bit better), leaves an exceptionally slick finish, and it's cost-effective for everyday touch-ups.

Carfire
Nov 8th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I said Quik Detailer for Ultimate Quik Detailer.

Malo83
Nov 8th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Just tried a bottle of the Wax Shop Slick Stuff HD spray detailer and was impressed :xyxthumbs really works on repeling dust.

MrWaxer
Nov 9th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I use Meguiars Ultimate Detailer. I love the stuff!!

EPHIOS
Nov 25th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I love my Last Touch!

J. A. Michaels
Dec 5th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I like to switch between #135, or last touch.

Tuck91
Jan 18th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Claying: Last Touch 1:1
After washing: UQD
Daily wipedowns: Last touch

I also use #34 Final Inspection for dust removal before applying a second or third coat of wax 12 hrs after the previous coat was applied

Megafast13
Mar 4th, 2009, 01:46 PM
UQD by far the best.

phobs
Mar 4th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Gotta love Last Touch, 2 diluted gallons of it!

JohanD
Oct 12th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I have used quick detailer and last touch. They both work well but I like the fact last touch can be used as QD or 1:1 for clay lube. I was going to buy a gallon of M34 but ADS was out of the gallon size, so I went with last touch.

cheapthrills
Oct 15th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Last Touch would be my favorite, It leaves a nice slick gloss, and smells like coconut. I use it full strength and it still goes a long way. I'm going to try diluting it for my next clay job.

EPHIOS
Jan 22nd, 2010, 07:16 AM
I love the pricing Last Touch on Las Vegas. I can get a gallon refill, for only $11.99!

lexterminator
Aug 11th, 2010, 07:02 PM
For clay bar, surface prep or any quick cleaning I always use the original Quick Detailer. Great product !

After a complete car wash I always use Pinnacle Crystal Mist... that one brings a mirror finish to my black car. I use it only when the car is clean because it has a weak detailing power but works ok if light dust. The Meg's Quick Detailer has like 3x the cleaning power.

For cleaning windows I use the Malco Showroom shine detailer. Amazing on glass and wax them at the same time.

therdrman
Feb 15th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Uqd!!

steve's detailing
Feb 16th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Last Touch Foam Detailer

foaming!!? do you use a foaming trigger ? thats cool!!

BlueSE3P
Aug 5th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Bumping this thread....Ultimate Quik Detailer FTW.

After my wash and dry (assuming the car was waxed recently)....spray on, wipe off as per instructions, and leave the car overnight (I remember reading somewhere that UQD sets better when it's given time to sit on the paint???)

Man, IMHO, I think UQD beads even better than UQW. UQD is probably my fav Megs product.

NXT Speed Det. is nice as well.

The "basic" (maroon bottle) QD I'm not a fan of......mainly because of the smell. Relegated to claying duty only.