PDA

View Full Version : Which QID should I try again?

Crazy1
Jul 3rd, 2006, 09:30 AM
As title say's which QID should I try again , After hearing good reveiws I purchased the QID wipes from Target but they let me down . Towels where some what dry so not a lot of cleaning power,left lint from towels which I followed up with a (TurtleWax) MF Towel and that took care of the lint. One thing I did like was the feel of the vinyl, plastics & rubber not greasy & slippery like Meguiar's protectant wipes. So my question is to you which have tried both the spray and wipe versions which do you like best & why? I'm willing to try the wipes again but not from (Target)

Murr1525
Jul 3rd, 2006, 09:35 AM
I use the QID Spray, but really only as a dusting touch-up in between actual interior procetant applications.

Crazy1
Jul 3rd, 2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Murr1525
I use the QID Spray, but really only as a dusting touch-up in between actual interior procetant applications. Me to I use for light dust,dirt & finger prints but wipes were dry and really did not work as I expected.

BigLeegr
Jul 3rd, 2006, 10:17 AM
I tend to avoid wipes.
I feel they are more for the "convenience oriented" than for me. I prefer to have more control over how much product I use, and I think a MF does a better job than the wipes.
Just my opinion, of course.

Murr1525
Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:04 PM
I have used the leather wipes, and find they work best when used with the leather spray.

96Lude
Jul 5th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I do agree with the wipes being somewhat dry. I purchased some All Purpose Cleaner Wipes and they acted exactly as you are describing. They did not work very well for cleaning my interior. At that point I just pulled out my #40 which worked like a champ.

F-150
Jul 5th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Crazy1
As title say's which QID should I try again , After hearing good reveiws I purchased the QID wipes from Target but they let me down . Towels where some what dry so not a lot of cleaning power,left lint from towels which I followed up with a (TurtleWax) MF Towel and that took care of the lint. One thing I did like was the feel of the vinyl, plastics & rubber not greasy & slippery like Meguiar's protectant wipes. So my question is to you which have tried both the spray and wipe versions which do you like best & why? I'm willing to try the wipes again but not from (Target)

I like both the Quik Interior Detail Spray and Wipes. Wipes I use to wipe down most parts (dash, door panels) and I use the Spray w/ a mf to get the rest (console, cup holders, and everything else). But I like to use a good protectant like Tech Protect or Natural Shine.
If you're looking for a product that does well to actually clean really dirty areas that the QID won't remove, try APC (from the Detailer line).