PDA

View Full Version : Protectant with low sheen/minimal scent?

BlackSunshine
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:47 AM
I'm looking for an interior protectant that, as the title states, has a low sheen (I hate shiny dashes) and low odor. I don't mind a nice, clean scent, but my car still has the new car smell and I don't want to mask that. Thanks.

Murr1525
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Well, my car has a fairly textured, dark gray dash.

I like to use the Nxt Tech Protectant. I spray on a cloth and apply. Let it sit for a few minutes, then buff off. It gives me a nice look, and everyone seems to love the scent that rides along afterwards.

BlackSunshine
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Murr1525
Well, my car has a fairly textured, dark gray dash.

I like to use the Nxt Tech Protectant. I spray on a cloth and apply. Let it sit for a few minutes, then buff off. It gives me a nice look, and everyone seems to love the scent that rides along afterwards.

My GTO has a textured dash, whereas my Z06 has a very smooth dash. Does the NXT Tech Protectant smell like the NXT wax/car wash/speed detailer?

RDVT4ME
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:58 AM
I use meguiars #40 on my vette. It's almost 5 years old and still smells like new and leave a natural sheen.

Mike Phillips
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by RDVT4ME
I use Meguiar's #40 on my Vette. It's almost 5 years old and still smells like new and leave a natural sheen.

I'd second Bob's recommendation and add that after apply this product and allowing it to penetrate and soak in, come back and wipe the surface down with a clean, soft microfiber polishing cloth.

Murr1525
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
My GTO has a textured dash, whereas my Z06 has a very smooth dash. Does the NXT Tech Protectant smell like the NXT wax/car wash/speed detailer?

The Nxt will probbaly be glossier on the smooth dash. Hard to say if it would be too much for you.

I wouldnt call it the same... but same family of scents. You could certainly unscrew the cap in a store and give it a wiff.

BlackSunshine
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:06 AM
M40 was on the top of my list to try, but I've heard some people mention it has a strong chemical smell.

sneek
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:07 AM
M40 was on the top of my list to try, but I've heard some people mention it has a strong chemical smell.
yes, it has kind of a fake new car smell, i don't know how else to explain it. The only other low gloss protectant i can think of is natural shine and it smells amazing

the other pc
Jul 10th, 2006, 07:00 AM
I'm a big fan of #40. It has a distinctive smell but I don't think it's particularly strong. It's a water based product. The smell doesn't linger too long either. Put it on thin but even and wipe off any excess.

Like sneek said, Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant (http://meguiars.com/?vinyl-rubber-plastic-protectants/Natural-Shine-Vinyl-Rubber-Protectant) also works great, it's very similar to #40.

PC.

BlackSunshine
Jul 10th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by the other pc
I'm a big fan of #40. It has a distinctive smell but I don't think it's particularly strong. It's a water based product. The smell doesn't linger too long either. Put it on thin but even and wipe off any excess.

Like sneek said, Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant (http://meguiars.com/?vinyl-rubber-plastic-protectants/Natural-Shine-Vinyl-Rubber-Protectant) also works great, it's very similar to #40.

PC.

Thanks, PC... I'll try to decide between the #40 and NS. Both sound very nice. BTW, I'm still enjoying those Monitor Audios ;)

the other pc
Jul 12th, 2006, 09:19 AM
...BTW, I'm still enjoying those Monitor Audios ;) :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs