PDA

View Full Version : Which Wash Do You Think Is The Best?

andorucojp
Jul 16th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Which one of meguiars car washes do you think gives your car the most gloss, reflection, cleans the best, most suds...
:coolgleam

Thanks!

scrub
Jul 16th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I voted NXT. I like that soap very much. Nice lubricity and sudsing action. The water/soap solution felt very slick to the touch. Hyper Wash is my product of choice now.

gb387
Jul 16th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Gold Class for me, out of DC and NXT its my prefered wash.

Coupe
Jul 17th, 2006, 07:31 AM
NXT hands down.

Murr1525
Jul 17th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Out of curiosity, what do you guys mean you voted for one soap, but something else is your 'product of choice' so to speak now?

Shouldnt it be the same, unless you are just experimenting?

GTBrad
Jul 18th, 2006, 02:04 AM
I like GC, but I want to try the Hyper Wash next time around

2004XT
Jul 23rd, 2006, 07:06 PM
I like Gold Class.

Lt1Corvette
Jul 23rd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Murr1525
Out of curiosity, what do you guys mean you voted for one soap, but something else is your 'product of choice' so to speak now?

Shouldnt it be the same, unless you are just experimenting?

The way I took that was the one they voted for was their favorite because of lubricity, cleaning, gloss........ However their product of choice is what they use.
My favorite of the Meguiars car washes is gold class. However I use hyperwash for the majority of mine and my familys cars as well as other peoples cars I detail because it is also a very good product and the high vehicle yield of hyperwash makes it my product of choice.

The Garage Massage
Jul 24th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Gold Class for sure, cleans well and is super soft. No harshness.

Tom Weed
Jul 27th, 2006, 03:32 PM
My favorite is 62....

GTBrad
Jul 27th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
The way I took that was the one they voted for was their favorite because of lubricity, cleaning, gloss........ However their product of choice is what they use.
My favorite of the Meguiars car washes is gold class. However I use hyperwash for the majority of mine and my familys cars as well as other peoples cars I detail because it is also a very good product and the high vehicle yield...

So you would say Hyperwash is good for the volume, and GC for the slick luster?

Lt1Corvette
Jul 27th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by GTBrad
So you would say Hyperwash is good for the volume, and GC for the slick luster?

The volume that can be created with hyperwash makes it an outstanding product. For a few months this spring I was doing 4 or more cars a week. I have done detailing as a side thing for a few years to independently finance my detailing habit. However it just got out of control for me at the start of spring. Use of a car wash spray device (foam type gun) and conventional wash bucket proved to be a very time effective approach and yielded great results. However I began to go through gold class really fast, hyperwash proved to be the best wash solution for my needs as the long term costs were less without sacrificing performance.

mongo
Jul 28th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I do not like Goldclass wash Hi-Tech wash is the way to go.

Jeepster04
Jul 30th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I voted GC but use DC on many customers cars b/c its good and keeps down cost. :xyxthumbs

MaximusZTS
Oct 17th, 2006, 02:06 PM
I love the feel of the GC soap. Plus I use it to clean floor mats and stuff. works great.

kellyinkc
Oct 17th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Weelllll, it used to GC, now it is 62. a bit pricey though.

hammer55
Oct 17th, 2006, 04:33 PM
I have not used any of it, the sent me 00 with my pc I just got today, is any 00 any good,

mongo
Oct 18th, 2006, 07:48 AM
#00 hi-tech and # 62 wash re the way to go definately worth it!:bounce

mongo

Mayur
Oct 24th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I have yet to buy a bottle of Meguiars car wash. I was looking through the different types at a few auto stores and the GC and DC seem soo thick in formula. I took bottle and flipped it upside down and watched the air bubble. I flipped a few bottles of other brands and generic store brand those things flew up like there was no tomorrow. GC and DC took their time. My money is deff going to GC because well it seems to be the most favorite one around here and looking at the polls, it is.

grover
Oct 25th, 2006, 10:48 AM
I've used Deep Crystal, Gold Class and Soft Wash Gel; out of the three I like Gold Class. I want to try all of them though before a I pick a product to stick with.

noswirler
Nov 3rd, 2006, 06:36 PM
i caught DC on sale one time and bought three bottles so it took me a while to run out and i thought it was great.But then i tried the NXT and man what an upgrade,this is my one and only

Blr123
Nov 14th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Hey guys you aint seen nothin yet until you've tried Shampoo Plus........it's superb :db:

Bryan

chessplayer
Nov 15th, 2006, 12:26 AM
sorry to say but the deep crystal car wash is the only one i have used but this weekend i think im going to pick up some of that gold class car wash shampoo & conditioner,

noswirler
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Hey guys you aint seen nothin yet until you've tried Shampoo Plus........it's superb :db:

Bryan
get close to needin some,might try it:o

mongo
Nov 28th, 2006, 04:30 PM
go with # 00 hi-tech wash its worth it ! :dp:

mongo

Graeme
Dec 10th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Well I tried GC using a mit but didn't find it soaped up very well, I use the recommended amount as well?

Graeme

gb387
Dec 10th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Well I tried GC using a mit but didn't find it soaped up very well, I use the recommended amount as well?

Graeme

What I do and I think many do on MOL.... fill your bucket with water then add the soap(1oz per gallon of water) and mix by hand. By doing this you are minimizing the suds yet still using the lubrication GC provides to clean your vehicle. Now when I use to wash with more suds I never really had a problem seemed to always suds up nice!?!?

gorin002
Dec 11th, 2006, 11:04 PM
at mi dealer so fair i know there nxt soap
all i know gonna try in the summer time
i have a silver metalic car wich soap is better for or is all soap fine
if he sell other soaps

Graeme
Dec 12th, 2006, 12:17 AM
What I do and I think many do on MOL.... fill your bucket with water then add the soap(1oz per gallon of water) and mix by hand. By doing this you are minimizing the suds yet still using the lubrication GC provides to clean your vehicle. Now when I use to wash with more suds I never really had a problem seemed to always suds up nice!?!?

Thats what I did, fill then add and swirl around with my hand. If thats how its supposed to be thats ok :), I haven't used it before and was expecting a lot more foaming than that.

Graeme

gorin002
Dec 17th, 2006, 09:37 AM
get close to needin some,might try it:o

where can you buy it ? wich brand
i also have formula schampoo
http://www.formula1wax.com/

supercharged
Dec 18th, 2006, 01:12 AM
#00 and #62 for my car. NXT for family cars (has more cleaning power).

Scottwax
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:47 PM
NXT is my favorite Meguiar's car wash soap.

mh68
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:53 AM
I currently use NXT and it's great! But I'm running low and am either going to try Hyper wash or Shampoo plus when I run out. Anyone compared these two to NXT?

Mike

Erik Mejia
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Definately Gold Class, it cleans extremely well and lubricates the paint far better than any other wash I have ever used.

Nappers
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Can't say on car wash, haven't tried all of the Meguiars brand, but I like GC and NXT whichever is on sale or the Costco special for gallon :D

Aaron

WrightDetail
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Love the Deep Crystal....:bounce

Jeepster04
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Funny this thread came back up. I was at walmart last night and noticed they finally got Gold class back. I have so much soap built up now that I wont need any for awhile but last time I bought gold class it was almost $10 at advance auto. :(

Its 6 something at walmart... I got ripped off. :(

It amazes me that pretty much everything is at least a couple $ cheaper at walmart then Advance auto.

Ryan L.
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I can officially say that I have tried every Meguiar's car wash, even the detailer ones and I have to say that, in my opinion, NXT Wash is the best. Between the scent and "cleaning" ability there is none better. Gold Class is right behind it, but I feel that the NXT gives a "darker" look...

Ryan

J. A. Michaels
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Gc for me.

6FIEND
Jun 16th, 2008, 02:23 AM
I currently use NXT and it's great! But I'm running low and am either going to try Hyper wash or Shampoo plus when I run out. Anyone compared these two to NXT?

Mike

I currently use both the NXT and Shampoo Plus! I use NXT in my foam lance for a nice thick, super clingy foam first up. Then, Shampoo Plus with a mitt after that.

The Shampoo Plus definitely has 'something extra' when applying by hand... it seems to have a touch more lubricity. I've used Soft Wash, Gold Class, and NXT by hand by way of comparison...

I'm just about out of NXT though... will be trying Hyperwash in the foam gun next - purely for economy of scale.

SjMike
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I have admittedly only used NXT and Gold-Class, I feel like the gold class foamed up a bit more for me which I liked. And it's generally much more readily available than a pro-line product which I would love to try out. I love the results I get from my gold-class and I will stick with it.

Patman
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:58 AM
I actually like Deep Crystal better than Gold Glass, I find that Gold Class leaves behind some sort of residue on my black finish that I need to remove with UQD once I'm done washing. Maybe my bottle of Gold Class was sitting on the shelf too long before I bought it? I don't like how thick it is either, Deep Crystal pours out of the bottle much easier (perhaps that thickness indicates it's shelf life is expired?)

Megafast13
Dec 12th, 2008, 11:34 AM
NXT is amazing.

HealthyCivic
Dec 12th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I actually like Deep Crystal better than Gold Glass, I find that Gold Class leaves behind some sort of residue on my black finish that I need to remove with UQD once I'm done washing. Maybe my bottle of Gold Class was sitting on the shelf too long before I bought it? I don't like how thick it is either, Deep Crystal pours out of the bottle much easier (perhaps that thickness indicates it's shelf life is expired?)

As you can see I also have a black car. It doesn't leave any (visible) residue on mine. How long have you had your jug/bottle? I've had it around 3 months (time for a new one almost) and it doesn't leave any residue at all. It leaves my paint looking so good that I want to pick up my car and eat it. I think the first couple scratches I had on my car were from teeth marks.

I've also used Deep Crystal on an older Jeep and it was a good wash too. However, don't let the thickness fool you: it's a good thing. Gold Class is thicker because it has more lubricants and conditioning agents. The good thing about the lubrication is that the paint doesn't pick up swirls as easy when you wash if it is well lubricated.

Your wash choice is up to you but I'd give a new bottle of Gold Class a try. Although, I'm not sure if it would ever leave a residue even if it was old. Mike Phillips may know or maybe he could ask one of the chemists. You may want to check and be sure that it is Gold Class that is leaving this residue. What does it look/feel like? Do you have a photo? Other than that I'd say be sure to rinse and dry well.

By the way, your Corvette looks great!

CAShine
Dec 12th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I like hyper wash a lot. I also like the Nxt wash too.

gr8-wrx
Dec 15th, 2008, 05:48 AM
I voted for Gold Class. I like the lubricity and smell... :)

woblynne
Dec 15th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I've only used the soft wash gel and found it great, can't comment on the others though.
What would be the best to use on a red finish?
Mark

miahjohn
Jan 8th, 2009, 09:24 PM
NXT is so slick its like oil!

Tuck91
Jan 10th, 2009, 10:49 PM
NXT for winter
GC for summer, spring and fall

wsmithmo
Feb 25th, 2009, 04:33 AM
For about the last two years I have been using the M62 shampoo and conditioner. I'm surprised more people do not use this. It is one of the more expensive car washes, but it suds up very nicely and leaves the paint shining.

Johnson
May 4th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I finally broke down and bought some Gold Class Car wash. I guess I really didnt see a difference. I know I might be told not to use it but, I was using a water blade and it sure was squeaky clean. So, I guess if I saw any difference, It would be cleaner!

agp423
Jun 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
Why do people prefer Gold Class over NXT Gen?

Murr1525
Jun 29th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Gold Class seems to leave a nicer shine is the general consensus.

Tuck91
Jun 29th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Why do people prefer Gold Class over NXT Gen?

NXT cleans slightly better though, there is a tradeoff.

Ganesa
Dec 10th, 2009, 06:36 AM
the scent NXT gives is so amazing in the morning :D

CleanMachine
Feb 12th, 2010, 01:40 PM
the scent NXT gives is so amazing in the morning :D

It's amazing in the afternoon too! :xyxthumbs

gjohn28
Feb 13th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I've used NXT, Gold Class and M62. My opinion is the NXT does a better job of removing heavy dirt, but Gold Class has the most lubricity. I believe M62 offers the best combination of both - cleaning and lubricity.

adi1202
Feb 18th, 2010, 01:21 PM
i like the NXT

smack
May 19th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I currently use Gold class but want to try NXT and Ultimate wash

Matt Majeika
Jun 30th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Used Gold Class all last year.

Tried out Shampoo Plus - still evaluating.

Used Ultimate Wash & Wax one time - good results, but not enough for a baseline.

Would like to try NXT this season, too.

sunday joe
Jun 13th, 2011, 07:18 PM
There may be better wash products, but I have only used Deep Chrystal. May go to Gold Class next time.

sunday joe
Jan 7th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Stayed with Deep Chrystal. It was half the price of Gold Class. Cleans just fine.

sunday joe
Jan 7th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Looking the date of Jan. 2011, I wonder why why this post is still listed on What's New. It is anything but new. Is interest in the forum waining ?
Just a thought. Something's out of whack.