View Full Version : Contoured Panels?

Jul 31st, 2006, 03:45 AM
I know I know lots of questions lately:D I'm just eager to learn though.

Anyway, What do you guys do on vehicles like let's say a C5 Corvette where the hoods are very wavy or the WS6 Trans Am Ram Air hood is very wavy as well

Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:42 PM
well I haven't done a corvette yet, but I've worked on a trans am (not the way wavy one on the hood though).

however, whenever you're working on wavy hoods or panels, the best things to do are to tape off any moldings or plastics that are in the hodd. this will save you LOTS of time, because if product splatters or slings through any of these vents (especially the trans am ones), you'll take a lot of time to clean that up :wall:

and another thing is to keep the rotary buffer moving and lightening up the pressure on the edges to keep yourself on the safe side of not removing all the clear. this is because the paint film is usually thinner on edges and sharp endings.

I've always worked with 3M foam polishing pads and the round edge ones from 3M too. I find them very useful because you can work contoured surfaces with an additional ease

hope this helps :)