PDA

View Full Version : meguiars #40 and meg. leather care problem

chevygirl
Aug 6th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Has anyone out there ever had the 40 transfer some color to the towel you are using. My steering wheel did it today. Then it turned cloudy and I had to buff it with my hand to get it to shine back. Any ideas? Is the cleaner really strong. It is very humid here also. How often do you all use this to clean the inside. I am thinking the cleaners are too strong for my car and I should back off and use it maybe every 4 or 5 months. I have been using it every 2 weeks. Is there something else I could use to just hit it a little without cleaners just to protect.

I also had the meguiars leather conditioner took off some color off of my seat this week. I thought the wipes had a mild cleaner in them. I wanted to just condition the seat instead of cleaning it every time but it didn't work out for me. Anyone else have any of these problems?

Mort Corey
Aug 7th, 2006, 11:13 AM
The only product I've used (so far anyway) on my interior leather is the Gold Class Cleaner & Conditioner. It leaves the seats, steering wheel and shift knob like new....and I use it most every week.

The only thing that comes off on the applicator pad is funk from my hands....mostly from the steering wheel....but it's not from the leather itself.

Mort