PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite interior protectant?

MandarinaRacing
Aug 21st, 2006, 01:50 PM
From the consumer line, which interior protectant do you like best?...and why?

For me it would be Natural shine, because it's creamy, and it doesn't have a strong smell like the GC. NXT TP has a pleasant smell, but it makes the applicator kind of oily when you're applying it.

BTW, I didn't include Quik Interior Detailer because it's not really a protectant per se.

Alex

dtbdaniel
Aug 21st, 2006, 02:08 PM
hyperdressing
Because it is water based, not oil based, therefore it does not attract dust:xyxthumbs

farmboy
Aug 21st, 2006, 05:12 PM
Out of those three I would choose NXT. I like the gloss it can produce. I have not tried GC yet.

foxhound58
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:20 AM
I have always used 40 in the past. Now I have started using GC. I will watch this poll, because I'm wanting to try the others. GC leaves it too glossy for my taste, but smells better than #40.
Fox!

Snowman
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:25 AM
Natural Shine would have to be my pick. I have yet to try the NXT even though I have some sitting on my shelf...lol Guess is goes to show once you find something that works you have a hard time giving it up.

sneek
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:48 AM
Natural Shie, it smells great and looks great too!

JSM
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:00 AM
I voted for Natural Shine. I love the fact that it has been around for years, and it always gives me a very professional look regardless of what vehicle that I use it in.

Thanks to Meguiar's for such a great product!

:xyxthumbs

krh99
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:51 AM
I'm just curious why you don't consider the Quik Interior Detailer a protectant. Are you referring to a dedicated protectant as opposed to a cleaner/protectant?:)

MandarinaRacing
Aug 22nd, 2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by krh99
Are you referring to a dedicated protectant as opposed to a cleaner/protectant?:)
Exactly!

Alex

PaBlkBrd
Aug 22nd, 2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by dtbdaniel
hyperdressing
Because it is water based, not oil based, therefore it does not attract dust:xyxthumbs

It does attract bugs though! :wall:

Rob66
Aug 25th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Of the 3 i have only tried Natural Shine and it looks great. My other favorite although not megs i'm afraid is 303 Protectant.;)

Tom Weed
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:21 AM
40 all the way!

MotorcycleDetailing
Aug 25th, 2006, 06:05 AM
As I detail Motorcycles I don't have much call for interior cleaners but I do, do friends and relatives cars and utes so I will be eagly waiting to see how the poll goes.

Musikmann
Aug 31st, 2006, 12:11 PM
Of the Meguiar's products, I have only used the Gold Class Protectant Wipes (G-11500). I did all of the the vinyl trim using only 2 towels, and once they started to dry out, there was still enough solution left on them to treat the door seals.

Tungsten
Sep 1st, 2006, 06:19 AM
Hyper dressing for sure. :)

gb387
Sep 25th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Of the consumer line products,NXT Generation Tech Protect is what I reach for.

kellyinkc
Sep 25th, 2006, 03:20 PM
I like to look of GC. But it does have a smell at first. Tech Protect is good also. Those are the only ones I have tried.

Jeepster04
Sep 28th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Natural shine for sure! Ive tried the QD and it doesnt really do anything for me. It streaks my chrome around my shifter and on my dash while natural shine doest. It doesnt leave any kind of shine either....

MaximusZTS
Sep 28th, 2006, 01:06 PM
I have been using gold class. I really like it.

I like to look of GC. But it does have a smell at first.

The smell is not a pleasent one like some NXT stuff but it does leave a clean almost new car smell behind.

79T/A
Sep 28th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Only #40 for my plastic, vinyl and rubber. It's hard to switch from something that you know works for you.

jchetty
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Only #40 for my plastic, vinyl and rubber. It's hard to switch from something that you know works for you.

:iagree: Natural Shine is ok but it really doesnt apply as evenly and I find myself needing to buff it to even it out. However #40 is dress and go, looks great from tires to interior to weatherstripping. No need to retouch as it is quick and easy and leaves a non-high gloss finish. I was a religous 303 user but then decided it was just to expensive and I honestly do believe #40 can give 303 a run for its money. One trick that i find that work well for tires and engine is to spray Hyper Dressing first, then finish with a hand application of #40.

kec
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:14 AM
This may sound like a dumb question, but, can you use Natural Shine on interior/exterior plastics? It doesn't say so on the label, so I presume you can't. But I'd like to be sure. I really prefer low/matte protectors as opposed to high gloss - which is why I was attracted to NS.

Thanks,
Ken

rascal
Oct 14th, 2006, 12:25 PM
A friend of mine uses NXT TP for his Ford Lightning. I just started using Silicone Free Dressing from Meguiar's to do my g/f car. It has a nice smell to it and applies very nice and dries a little shiny, but I'm okay with that. It's better than Armor-All. :LOLOL:

Deaner5
Oct 14th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Before I found Megs Natural Shine I used AA wipes and always hated the greasy feel. As for the exterior trim, I don't know about the Natural Shine, but the bottle does have a tire on the bottle (at least the red bottled stuff I use does), not sure though.

mh68
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:15 PM
When I used the consumer line, I like Natural Shine. Since then I've been using Hyper Dressing and love it! Doesn't attract dust and smells great!

Mike

Golden
Nov 27th, 2006, 08:04 PM
I use none of those....I prefer a quick detailer. My favorite is a competitors quick detailer (not fathers...). It seems to leave a natural shine over the greasy residue armor all leaves. Has not failed me yet.

Carnut12
Jan 14th, 2007, 10:19 AM
I am very surprised Vinylex by lexol has not been mentioned. I love the stuff.

JG_Detailing
Jan 14th, 2007, 10:45 AM
NXT Tech Protect is a great product to use on your interior. If you don't mind having a glossy shine to it.

veedub Mike
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I prefer Natural Shine.
Don't like the gloss NXT Tech Protect leaves.
Haven't tried GC yet. But given the great results using Natural Shine I don't even plan to.

MastaSlayer
Jan 18th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Just a quick question
is it ok to use natural shine on your steering wheel , shifter and what about the in-dash cd tuner

SUBARU WRX
Jan 18th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I've only used armor all until I discovered great old Meguiars. Personally I use the natural shine and its not to glossy or matt. It leaves all the cars I do looking great but used it on the exterior once and it never streaks or runs when it rains. Like always Meguiars did it again so to me its really no surprise. Meguiars keep doing what your doing and I will never change to anything else. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigups :bigups :bigups :bigups :bigups

Brian Hann
Jan 18th, 2007, 04:09 PM
#40 all the way. It was my favorite product when I joined Meguiar's over 7 years ago and it's still my favorite today!

Lydia
Feb 7th, 2007, 04:48 AM
#40 here also. I love being able to buy it bulk, it smells good, and it works awesome. Frankly I haven't even tried anything else except the GC stuff, and I just bought that because I'd run out of #40 and my new order hadn't come in yet. Like someone up there said, it's hard to try something else out when what you have works really well (paraphrase).

Feb 9th, 2007, 12:29 PM
303 Protectant.

TrufflePig
Feb 12th, 2007, 09:14 AM
for me its Natural Shine.

its got a nice smell, comes out easy and doesn't shine to much which i don't like.

as the bottle says it gives it that natural look.

chessplayer
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:56 PM
havent try any of these yet... only the meguiars QID i bought during the hoildays .i will watch this thread and see whinch 1 most MOL members choose then i will purchase that product and check it out

Tom Weed
Mar 19th, 2007, 09:56 AM
#40 in my book!

Andysgo
Jan 1st, 2008, 08:14 AM
I am very surprised Vinylex by lexol has not been mentioned. I love the stuff.

I have been using Vinylex (happily), but it ran out yesterday. As a new Meg's convert I plan on ordering hyperdressing and giving it a try.

Question: Do I need to use a cleaner before hyperdressing, or does it clean and protect?

Wolf-Strong
Jan 1st, 2008, 11:48 AM
I have been using Vinylex (happily), but it ran out yesterday. As a new Meg's convert I plan on ordering hyperdressing and giving it a try.

Question: Do I need to use a cleaner before hyperdressing, or does it clean and protect?

You should use a cleaner, of which you should consider APC. Personally, I enjoy just having one product that does both chores, so I use Natural shine, and when I run out, I plan on ordering some M40 and ASD for the outside.

J. A. Michaels
Jan 1st, 2008, 02:28 PM
From the consumer line I would have to go with Gold Class.

Larry A
Jan 2nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
I dont use any protectant. I do use a lot of QID. I dont like the shinny slippery look and feel. I like it to look like it did when it was new, and QID does that for me.

CarbonBlack
Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:17 PM
Gold class
because I got a bunch at closeout prices:db:

-sorry for the semi useless comment

Jeepster04
Jan 8th, 2008, 03:53 PM
#40 here also. I love being able to buy it bulk, it smells good, and it works awesome. Frankly I haven't even tried anything else except the GC stuff, and I just bought that because I'd run out of #40 and my new order hadn't come in yet. Like someone up there said, it's hard to try something else out when what you have works really well (paraphrase).

You really think it smells good? Thats one thing I dont like about #40, I think it smells awful!

MBA-J
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:40 AM
You really think it smells good? Thats one thing I dont like about #40, I think it smells awful!

I like the smell of #40 because it's what the dealership detailer (outsourced, no "DISO") used when I bought my first new car in 2001. He gave me the rest of the bottle, and I've been hooked on the scent and the performance ever since.

Mr Mustang
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:46 AM
I like GC after it's dried, but it has a strange smell, and makes my towels feel awful greasy

dfw
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:10 AM
After using #40, can you touch it up with QID later or will I just after use #40 again?

gioprivatemove
Jun 18th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I use Natural Shine. It can cleans and protects. very satisfied...

acsuppa
Aug 18th, 2008, 04:13 AM
I didn't vote because I love #40. I used to use Gold Class way back but it leaves too much of a shine and is greasy. I also use the Water Based Dressing from the Detailer Line on occasion but #40 is my favorite. It leaves a very nice almost natural finish. Just adds the right amount of shine. Also offers great UV protection.

Sandstone
Oct 12th, 2008, 01:01 PM
For years, after drying the exterior I always used my drying towel to wipe down the interior and then I started using QID. However, I noticed that the dashboards on my 2k Taurus and 02 Ody were looking a bit dull and dry (due to age, not QID) so I was curious about Natural Shine and 40 because I don't like the wet and greasy look or feel of most dressings. Based on the recommendations I found here, I went for the 40 and am glad I did. Whoa baby! This stuff is great! It has a nice natural non-greasy sheen. Natural enough to not cause glare on your dash but just the perfect amount of sheen and a bit more cleaning ability than QID. I thought my interiors were clean and the 40 was removing gray dye (both interiors are gray) but nope, just some dirt that QID left behind. Amazing stuff :xyxthumbs. I'm still lovin' the interior on my 08 300 so it still gets QID for now.

Tuck91
Jan 17th, 2009, 10:13 AM
When i first used #40 i fell in love with its peformance and its smell

Megafast13
Mar 1st, 2009, 08:22 AM
I like GOLD CLASS THE BEST.

Although it smells terrible, it has that high glossy look I like :D

Tuck91
Mar 1st, 2009, 11:02 AM
now its SSP. before it was GC

CieraSL
Mar 9th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Natural Shine is nice, but I like Supreme Shine the best!:xyxthumbs
http://www.urbanracer.com/gallery/articles/b-box/2009/meguiars/020309.jpg

Andrew C.
Apr 9th, 2009, 03:58 PM
M40

H.E.D
Apr 9th, 2009, 06:48 PM
303 protectant for me.

Ganesa
May 30th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I regularly use the Natural Shine, and is very satisfied by the looks and the durability it gives... But I think im going to give the supreme shine a try one day :]...

Eddie6th
Jun 5th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Natural Shine.This is the only one i've tried.It works fine for me.I havn't tried the others.I see it's the most voted....'I must be doing something right!'

ziggo99
Sep 10th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Natural Shine for me. It gives it a nice look without blinding me in direct sunlight.

Poki
Sep 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Supreme Shine for me too! Non greasy and just the amount of gloss that I like.

Sep 10th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I've always liked #40, but must admit to using a lot of 303 protectant as well...I'd love to hear some debate about the two...maybe even some moderator input on protection comparison?

speed3blackmica
Dec 11th, 2009, 10:42 PM
i didnt know you could use M40 for dashboards and what not...is there anything else in the mirror glaze line that you can use for interior protectants, or perhaps the detailer line ?

Murr1525
Dec 11th, 2009, 10:44 PM
HyperDressing is an option.

Most of the others (ASD, SFD) would be on the very glossy and possibly greasy side. Of course this poll is a little out of date now.

speed3blackmica
Dec 11th, 2009, 10:48 PM
HyperDressing is an option.

Most of the others (ASD, SFD) would be on the very glossy and possibly greasy side. Of course this poll is a little out of date now.

i am really glad i read about M40 though..i have a gallon of it for exterior trim..now i am going to use to for my dashboard..i believe you can use water based dressing on interior too

Murr1525
Dec 11th, 2009, 10:59 PM
It certainly could be. It would be the level of gloss and greasiness that I am unsure of, and would be carefull about.

I have used ASD on interior trim near the footweels before. But dont want it on the dash, or things I may be handling.

speed3blackmica
Dec 11th, 2009, 11:10 PM
It certainly could be. It would be the level of gloss and greasiness that I am unsure of, and would be carefull about.

I have used ASD on interior trim near the footweels before. But dont want it on the dash, or things I may be handling.

ah yes, i see what you mean...how does M40 hold up on dashboards ? glossy ? and from what i remember M40 dries non greasy

Murr1525
Dec 11th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Not sure, have not used it. But lots of people really like it, seems medium gloss from what I hear.

speed3blackmica
Dec 11th, 2009, 11:23 PM
well i've used M40 many many many times on exterior trim...i use SSP on my dashboard...as far as gloss goes i think its about the same as SSP...i just dont know how well it would dry on dashboards..but then again, you could just wipe it clean with your MF

Murr1525
Dec 11th, 2009, 11:27 PM
You'll be ok.

Sean Conrad
Sep 12th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Supreme Shine Protectant, the gloss is nice and doesn't attract dust, because it dries completely without the oily feeling.