PDA

View Full Version : scratch x under door handles

kboxer
Nov 19th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I used to use compound on a rag and put my finger in there and rub away those nail marks. Scratch x was great because it is such a small area you can actually get it hot. Looked better than the car I waxed(he he)

hondacrazy
Dec 7th, 2006, 01:34 PM
what did you use to rub the scratchX in? Just a microfiber? my wifes white CR-V has very bad ring and nail marks...planning on winter waxing it saturday and found this idea interesting.

QiB1400
Dec 7th, 2006, 02:58 PM
a 100% terry cotton towel is most fitted to apply ScratchX

you can remove the excess polish with a microfiber (if needed together with some QD)

bboarder711
Dec 8th, 2006, 07:15 AM
good idea iv done this and it works great!!! also if you happen to have some iffy looking headlights, stuff liek rock chips.... try this there and it will come out AMAZING does the same effect if not better then the clear plastic mirror glaze products

kboxer
Dec 11th, 2006, 09:03 AM
A little on the microfiber. You can generate so much heat and friction rubbing a small area it looked like it was freshly painted(actually better than the rest of the car)

acsuppa
Dec 11th, 2006, 07:15 PM
It reaaly does wonders under the door handles. That is actually the very first thing I used ScratchX on. Great product!

gorin002
Dec 11th, 2006, 10:54 PM
i have 2 scartches made mi self
that wy i am:mad: mad as hell on mi self
no scratch remover is helping i try scatchX
see if it goes away

budd
Jan 20th, 2007, 02:51 PM
i use a waxing pad to put it on then a soft terry cloth to take it off. works great.

kboxer
Jan 20th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Ahh great minds think alike