PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's 2 Step Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

SL1CK
Dec 20th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Quick Question: Who has used this product before?

I've never used it before but I'm wondering about its application. I ask because when I applied it on my car, it felt kind of weird after the application of the conditioner. It felt like, sorta sticky, not really super sticky. The leather felt "tense"? I don't know, it felt kinda weird. Anyone have similar experiences with this?

Hope ya'll understand what I'm trying to say haha.

PorscheGuy997
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:48 PM
Well, I've used the 2 step system. If I put a large amount of conditioner on the seats and hop in right afterwards, it kind of feels a little sticky. Usually the seats feel a little less slick after a recent application because the seats are more supple and soft. I'm still trying to understand your description of the situation. Could it possibly be that you didn't wait long enough to let the conditioner settle into the seats?

Jeepster04
Feb 11th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Is the two set really worth it? I just use Gold class and it seems to do just fine. The 2 step is alittle expensive IMHO.. I just let it sit over night before sitting in them and the GC does fine.

I use it on the steering wheel too.

PorscheGuy997
Feb 11th, 2007, 06:09 PM
If you are willing to spend the time to use the two step, then yes it is worth it. The two step does a much better job of cleaning and conditioning.

Larry A
Feb 11th, 2007, 06:21 PM
If you are willing to spend the time to use the two step, then yes it is worth it. The two step does a much better job of cleaning and conditioning.

Sorry to hear about your dad.I know how it feels to lose someone close.

foxhound58
Feb 12th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Hey I'm not sure if this is the same cleaner step as the one that I use, but mine has Aleo gel in it. And that will give it that sticky feeling until it dries. It does do a better job then just the conditioner for cleaning.
Hope that is some help. Fox

Michael Stoops
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:09 AM
I love this stuff and have noticed, since using it and doing so quite regularly, that it has improved the appearance of fine creases in the side bolsters on one of my cars. Yes, it can feel a little sticky or tacky immediately after applying the conditioner step, but that goes away pretty quickly, especially if you give it a quick, light buff with a terry towel 10 minutes or so after application.