PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from Open Class - January 7th 2007

Mike Phillips
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Open Class for Members of Meguiar's Online! - January 6th, 2007

Class starts in a few hours!

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/500_Donuts_Coffee.jpg

Scottwax1 Scottwax1 Scottwax1 Scottwax1 Scottwax1 Scottwax1 Scottwax1

GTBrad
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Wish I could be there today, but I'm already stuck here in the office

bernard78
Jan 6th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Me too but I'm at the other side of the world....:wavey. Have a great time guys. Hope to see photos of Mike using the new ScratchX on a G-100. Take care. Thks.

gorin002
Jan 6th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Me too but I'm at the other side of the world....:wavey. Have a great time guys. Hope to see photos of Mike using the new ScratchX on a G-100. Take care. Thks.

hey am not allone

CDale
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks Mike again for a great Saturday!

I attended an open class last November and this time around picked up even more. The crazy thing is now when I look at cars I'm aways looking for swirls.... I hope you get paid based on commission, below are all the Meguiar's products I've bought since November, well, everything except for the 4 purple bottles.

The only bad thing is that now I want to sell my white and silver cars and buy black ones. I've learned my lesson about white paint :)

Khoa, aka CDale

http://khoa.gotdns.com:8000/Ridgeline/Meguiars1.jpg

TripleDES
Jan 6th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Mike,

I must thank you endlessly for another rewarding class. It was great to be in a class that had some veterans and professional detailers to get more perspectives. This was my second class I attended. After the first class, I went out and purchased a G-100. The second class gave me more detail on how to use my new tool. This time, I paid much more attention to the professional line and also techniques.

It's extremely worthwhile to take a class with an instructor that brings such enjoyment, passion and borderline fanaticism :) into the profession. It makes enthusiasts like myself really appreciate the art car surface care.

Thanks again to Meguiar's and especially Mike Phillips for all your hard work in putting together these classes.

PS. As an enthusiast, I aspire to have my vehicles glow like Orange Mike's PT Cruiser....WOW!!!! :bow

WXman
Jan 6th, 2007, 08:50 PM
What a great class today! Thank you Mike, John, and Meguiar's for the show! I went to a Wednesday open garage about 5 months ago, so with the 2 classes I've learned A LOT - plus the goodie bag was a huge plus :)

I finally bought a PC and placed a decent order today to include M80 and M83 and now I feel ready to tackle my swirled-out finish and get my car looking RED again.

:xyxthumbs

I have to go out of town this week though, so I won't be able to get to it until next weekend at the earliest :mad:

mike_c70
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Mike and John,

Thanks again for rewarding class. I went to a Saturday class a few years ago and I'm amazed how much I have learned today (or more precisely relearned). It was helpful to keep up and refresh my memories of Meguiar's new products. Your depth of knowledge and enthusiasm never seizes to amaze. It's that enthusiasm that keeps me smiling while I'm detailing cars, it's addictive. As always, you are an irreplaceable asset to the detailing community. Thank you once again and I look forward to joining upcoming events.

Affrojuice
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:50 PM
thanks mike and jon

todays class was great. i never realized how dedicated meguiar's is to its customers. what other company gives us a full day of classes, pizza, donuts, and a goodie bag for free. Mike you really made the material fun and interesting. thanks for all the tips you gave me on fixing up my swirled car. as soon as i have time my car is getting some much needed tender love and care, with the new skills that i learned today.

thanks again

javan

v6cord2k5
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Mike, thank you so much for everything today! sorry I arrived late, got 5 hours of sleep, overslept, and then 5 freeway traffic didnt help much either. Thank God my manager let me come home early!

This has to be the 5th+ class I have attended and by far iit has been the most rewarding.

:eek: <--- was my exact expression when I picked up my goodie bag, was about to leave, and someone (sorry didnt get your name) told me I needed to pick two items from the cabinet! It was a tough choice but I picked the wheel cleaner and the scratch x to add to the DA, M80, MF towels, pad kit, clay kit and quick detailer I submitted an order for!

This class finally convinced me that I had enough knowledge to start working on my own car. Wish me luck, haha.

Its funny you brought up the topic about us "young guys under 30" because it is exactly what I intend to do with the stuff I just bought! It sure wont hurt to have a little side job for some extra change.

thanks again Mike! you are my hero! :xyxthumbs

SelfIsolation
Jan 7th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Blah, my work compelatly pulled a quick one on me and called me into work early at the last second :( Maybe i'll catch one next time..hope ya'll had a great time :xyxthumbs

Big Ed
Jan 7th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Hi Mike and John,

I want to thank you both for your time for the class at Meguiars on Saturday. The class was great!!! I can wait to try some of the products and techniqiues with the G100 on my cars. I learn alot yesterday. I know that Meguairs makes great products, but the hands on demostration proved the Meguairs make superior products.

Mike did an excellent job of starting the class with a little history and the different products line and then the hands on demostration. Again I want to thank Mike, John and Meguairs for the class. I look forward to attending more classes in the future.

Meguiars Fan,

Big Ed :bigups

El Tano
Jan 7th, 2007, 11:53 AM
WOW !!!!!

I want to thank Meguiar's for giving me the opportunity to attend this class and enhance my car care knowledge. At first I thought that this was all for marketing, but I was wrong, Meguiar's really want you to learn on how to take car of a car. I'd been buying Meguiar's products for a long time, but now thanks to the detailed and fun class conduced by Mike, I can really take 100% advantage of these wonderful products to care and protect my car. I was surprise of Mike's knowledge and how clearly answered all my questions (and English being my third language, that was a PLUS)!!!....

Pizza was great, the gift bag definitely another plus. It was really a great experience...

Thank you so much Mike and John....

Looking forward to assist more classes on the future :bounce ...

PS: Next product that Meguiar's needs to produce is: Mike in a bottle....:laughing :laughing

Mauricio (Aka El Tano)
Another car crazy...

v6cord2k5
Jan 7th, 2007, 01:28 PM
PS: Next product that Meguiar's needs to produce is: Mike in a bottle....:laughing :laughing

I said that they should produce a machine that automatically details your whole car in an instant! or a clone of Mike!

but I guess the G100 will suffice in replacing my lack of elbow grease supply!

Mike, one question... by when should be expect to have the products we ordered? I cant wait to detail my car... :dp:

robbyz24
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Mike,

Your class was great! I can't wait to attend my next class. Thanks!!!

Robert C.

Michael Stoops
Jan 7th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Another great class, as always!! I love that no matter how often I attend a Saturday session or a Wednesday Night Open Garage (man, I miss those!!!) I always learn something new. Thanks once again to Mike Phillips and Meguiar's!!!

55 chev
Jan 7th, 2007, 08:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike and John,

Great class on Saturday. This is the 2nd class for me, I like the way Mike explaned what he was doing every step of the way. I picked up lots of good tips. keep up the great work. I hope to attend more classes.

Joe aka 55 CHevScottwax1

corky5678
Jan 7th, 2007, 11:34 PM
MIke,

I enjoyed my first class with you!

You are a class act. Thank you for time and the wealth of knowledge that you shared with us. You got me all excited to try some of Meguiar's new products on my cars.

Keep up the good work.

Corky Stanton
Owner of glossycar.com

El Tano
Jan 9th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Ni pics from this class ????? we are not "that" ugly..:laughing :laughing

Mike Phillips
Jan 9th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Ni pics from this class ????? we are not "that" ugly..:laughing :laughing

We accidentally left our memory card reader in the classroom... we'll be in the office this Friday morning and grab the memory card reader and post the pictures we took.

silverfx35
Jan 9th, 2007, 09:39 PM
hehehe that's why I can't find the pictures from the class. Great class Mike, that was my first and I'm sure not my last. Can't wait for my G100 and ntx wax.

Detaillab
Jan 10th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Mike,
Thank you for sacrificing a Saturday and time with your family to educate me in automotive detailing. Your are a true professional. I really appriciated not only the demostration, but the wealth of knowledge about why our cars look bad in the first place. I have ordered a G100, plastX, clay, M80, M83, pad set, and will continue to use Meg's products. If Meguiar's knows anything they will hang on to your for dear life.

shan
Jan 10th, 2007, 12:53 PM
I had a great time at the class last saterday good job mikeparty:

Mike Phillips
Jan 10th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Mike,
Thank you for sacrificing a Saturday and time with your family to educate me in automotive detailing. Your are a true professional. I really appreciated not only the demonstration, but the wealth of knowledge about why our cars look bad in the first place. I have ordered a G100, PlastX, clay, M80, M83, pad set, and will continue to use Meg's products. If Meguiar's knows anything they will hang on to your for dear life.

Weren't you our long distance award winner? How far did you drive?

v6cord2k5
Jan 11th, 2007, 02:27 PM
(I think you missed my other post Mike)

oh my goodness! I almost overdrafted my account! :rofl: I got no email from meguiars directly, just checked my Spam folder and I had one email only, it was from Fedex giving me the details on my shipment. I barely squeezed by with 7 dollars left! (lucky number seven)

The stuff is expected to get here on Saturday... will get to work on tues or thurs if Im not too busy...

:spot

WXman
Jan 13th, 2007, 07:22 PM
My order from the class arrived today!! Whoo-hoo!!:spot

I will begin my detail on Sunday and hopefully have it done either Sunday or Monday (I have the day off!:xyxthumbs).

keithbendz
Jan 13th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I was in the class on Jan. 7th. It was very fun!

Anyway, are the photos from this class going to be up soon?

Thanks!

Detaillab
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Weren't you our long distance award winner? How far did you drive?

475.74 Miles, and it was worth the trip! Thanks again Mike!

Mike Phillips
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I was in the class on Jan. 7th. It was very fun!

Anyway, are the photos from this class going to be up soon?

Thanks!

We just picked up our memory card reader today, give us some time to catch-up on the forum and we'll post what we have. We didn't get a lot of pictures because we were pretty busy with the class but we'll post what turned out. :xyxthumbs

Affrojuice
Jan 18th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Hey mike, looking forward to seeing the pics from the class. I wanted to ask you, are you ever going to do a class session on how to master a rotary, i would be very interested. I started working on my girlfriends ten-year old corolla, which is terribly oxidized, and using the pc on it is an incredible amount of work. I can get the paint to shine, but there is still some deep water etching that i cant remove, i know a rotary would handle the defects real well. thxz again for the great class.

Detaillab
Jan 26th, 2007, 10:43 AM
will there ever be pics from this class?

Mike Phillips
Jan 26th, 2007, 10:47 AM
will there ever be pics from this class?

Yes. Currently can't find the memory stick with the pictures... :(

First we left our card reader 100 miles away, then we mis-placed the memory stick with the pictures. Out of about 150 or so classes in the last 3+ years, this is the first time we've had this trouble so if you can, cut us some slack and we'll keep looking for the memory card.

Thanks! :xyxthumbs

Detaillab
Jan 26th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I understand. I was just wondering what had happend,

El Tano
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I have some pictures from that day, hopefully it will work...

Mike calling us to see the car up close
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC02776.JPG
Mike taking pictures
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC02777.JPG
Mike was taking pictures there, but you can't see him (basically the same picture that above but from a different angle).
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC02778.JPG
Before Picture of the lexus
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC02781.JPG
another before of the lexus
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC02782.JPG
Mike working his magic, behind him the owner of the lexus (sorry I can't remember your name)thinking, damn his is doing little squares..who is gonna finish the rest of the car:(???? hahahahaha
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC02783.JPG
after of the spots worked with scratch x and #83 (I believe, maybe Mike can edit if I'm wrong)
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC02784.JPG
another after of the Lexus (great improvement)
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC02785.JPG

No picture from the pizza, but it was great.......

Thanks again Mike......

Affrojuice
Feb 13th, 2007, 05:34 PM
alright way to go, it is great to see some pics. I am the owner of the lexus and my name is Javan, its cool you forgot, most people do, its a hard one to remember. Those a great before and after pics, you can really see an improvement. Still haven't had time to do the whole car yet, hopefully this weekend, since its a long one.