PDA

View Full Version : which wash mitt do you prefer?

diat150
Feb 5th, 2007, 12:42 PM
the chenille or the microfiber?

Jeepster04
Feb 5th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I couldnt find the ultra plush chenille on MEG's website, do they still have it?

Anyway, the only thing that I dont like about the ultra plush mit, it leaves little pieces all over my jeep. Ive got to go around and pick them out of the cracks and off the windshield wipers. I just bought the ultra plush sponge at the dollar store since it was so cheap, but I would like to try out a Microfiber mit. :coolgleam

gb387
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:31 PM
I kind of bounce around, right now I am using a natural lambswool mit.

MaximusZTS
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Natural Lambswool Mit - FTW!!

Ryan L.
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I like the natural lambswool mitts

the ones from wally world are pretty good, though they dont last to long and you have to search through their selection for the best ones:xyxthumbs

Sydster
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:10 PM
100% Lambs wool for me.

Rick McDonough
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately, the Deep Pile Chenille Wash Mitt (X-3000) is a product that has been discontinued. The Microfiber Wash Mitt (X-3002) is the product that has superseded it. It is a great wash mitt, gently lifting dirt/grime while still pampering the painted surface...

cornflake_81
Feb 5th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I really dig the microfiber mitt. I've used them several times now and I think they're going to take the place of my lambswool mitts. :xyxthumbs

rusty bumper
Feb 6th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Cotton for me.

R50 Paul
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I'm kinda of a nOOb with this stuff and just recently picked up my first Natural Lamb's Wool Mit.......it is perfect!!!!

BigBoy
Feb 8th, 2007, 06:04 AM
I like lambswool until they get a little ball of dirt or grime in them, then it's the devil's own to get it out of there. I've tryed Wally World MF pads, and didn't like them. Time and technology have changed my mind more than once though . . . .

Cliff

tHE_Magus
Feb 9th, 2007, 05:41 AM
lambswool user but lately i've switched to ShMITT

fishbonezken
Feb 10th, 2007, 06:36 AM
My only options are Meguiar's Deep Pile Chenille and Ultra Plush,
I prefer the Ultra Plush synthetic lambswool because it's more gnetle and dirt gets trap in the wool better, but does not clean well at all.

Currently using the cotton chennille wash mitt, no complaints ! :D

chessplayer
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:47 PM
i have used cotton and MF ......i prefer thee MF just seems to work better for me

agp56
Feb 14th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I prefer the Microfiber on the vehicles that I have done recently.

PaBlkBrd
Feb 17th, 2007, 06:50 AM
I have been using the cotton chenille mitt, but I just got a microfiber and waiting on good weather to try it out.:cool:

kellyinkc
Feb 19th, 2007, 03:29 PM
I like the deep plush mitt. Need to try the lambs wool.

standardrealtime
Feb 24th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Bye bye Spammer!

Tim

dietoremain
Feb 24th, 2007, 08:12 AM
is that some kinda spam hahahaha.

michavandampkring
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Bye Bye Spammer!

Tim

BigBoy
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:54 AM
I hate this stuff. MSNBC states by late summer, 90% of your email will be spam. Now it's getting into Forum threads.
Cliff

Thejoyofdriving
Mar 7th, 2007, 02:10 PM
I just bought the meguiars body brush, i now swear by it, it is really gentle but it does its job. i think it is a lot better for preventing scratches, BUY ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigups

BlueZero
Mar 7th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I just bought the meguiars body brush, i now swear by it, it is really gentle but it does its job. i think it is a lot better for preventing scratches, BUY ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigups

Just a FYI... If you really like them, stock up. They quit making them. I have the one I use and 3 backups. Big Lots has them on close out if you have one near you.

sunlovertagirlzzz
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Another spammer!

Tim

autocare
Mar 19th, 2007, 09:08 AM
I use synthetic and natural lambswool. I do prefer the synthetic as they seem to last longer for me. Have no problems with throwing them in the washer and they come out like new. Natural mitts dont lend themselves to machine washing at all.

The chenille mitt is not bad, but barely use one and when I do its for lower panels only. I cant quite put my finger on what I dont like about them.

sneek
Mar 21st, 2007, 09:43 PM
LOL! i though that it was you at first. I just found it kind of strange that you would be asking how many RPM's the G100 spun at at different speeds. I think I was about to refer you to Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1395)

:laughing

Mike Phillips
Mar 21st, 2007, 09:57 PM
LOL! i though that it was you at first. I just found it kind of strange that you would be asking how many RPM's the G100 spun at at different speeds. I think I was about to refer you to Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1395)

:laughing

You picked up on that too... it was just so obvious.

The part about the wash mitt was a little obvioius also.

Takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. :)

GRIENlord
Mar 23rd, 2007, 02:31 PM
Hello everybody! I am new to the site meguiarsonline.com Could anyone, please, advise if there is a lot of spam and unscrupulous advertising. Can I trust all this information, which is present at this forum? Sorry for stupid questions, I just really want know which information I should trust or even pay attention.

J. A. Michaels
Mar 23rd, 2007, 02:46 PM
Silly me, I thought this thread was on eash mitts, right now its the ultra plush.also have the wide body brush. But for me presently its the plush wash mitt.

03mach1
Mar 24th, 2007, 08:59 AM
the chenille or the microfiber?

I like to use microfiber

AlexMrly
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Non-Relevant post removed!

Tim

mbmont
Dec 25th, 2007, 06:29 AM
I like both Micro-fiber and Lambs Wool.:coolgleam

Magnum
Jan 8th, 2008, 08:02 AM
The natural lambswool works best in my opinion it grabs all the crud and takes it off in one pass.

Magnum
Jan 8th, 2008, 08:08 AM
The natural lambswool works best in my opinion it grabs all the crud and takes it off in one pass.

Wolf-Strong
Jan 17th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I voted for microfiber as that is my favorite mitt, but my prefered wash media is a good sponge. Currently, I use a grout sponge from Home Depot that simply works wonders!

Silverado12
Jan 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I didn't like the Meg's microfiber mitt when I first used it; wasn't what I had expected. Now that I've used it more, I'm really starting to love it. My favorite has always been natural lambswool simply because it's so gentle, but I hate the fact that they're pretty expensive and they only have a limited lifespan. I think the MF mitt will soon become the only mitt I use.

Also, I still love the old chenille mitts that Meg's discontinued. They're great for cars that are absolutely filthy because you can easily rinse out all the grime you're collecting.

rusty bumper
Jan 17th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I voted for microfiber as that is my favorite mitt, but my prefered wash media is a good sponge. Currently, I use a grout sponge from Home Depot that simply works wonders!

Please tell me more about the grout sponge.

Wolf-Strong
Feb 18th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Please tell me more about the grout sponge.
It is very cheap (under $2), lasts forever, ultra soft, very porous, holds a LOT of suds, it picks up dirt easily and 'hides' it in the sponge, and best of all, with a little Dawn dish soap, washes so clean that you would of think it has never been used. It seems to just release dirt as soon as it hits water too, so when you dunk it in the water, virtually all the dirt falls off very quickly.

I heard about it on another forum when they claimed it didn't scratch their paint at all with Optimum No Rinse, and after reading how many other people had the same results, I decided to jump on the bandwagon, and sure enough, it simply works. I highly recommend you try it, and for $2, you can't go wrong.

rusty bumper
Feb 18th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks.

I'll go get one soon.

ShowCar
Apr 12th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I use Microfiber mitts. Just great on the paint. Holds lots of suds and very gentile.

rusty bumper
Apr 12th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks.

I'll go get one soon.

I stopped by Home Depot to get one, but was dissapointed at what I saw. I couldn't see any difference in their grout sponge and the old bone shape sponge I used to use.

Looked like the same thing to me.

I was thinking that a grout sponge had larger holes and softer material.

Wolf-Strong
Apr 25th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I stopped by Home Depot to get one, but was dissapointed at what I saw. I couldn't see any difference in their grout sponge and the old bone shape sponge I used to use.

Looked like the same thing to me.

I was thinking that a grout sponge had larger holes and softer material.
I use t o buy those old bone sponges to cut up and use as applicators, and from everyone I have felt, they feel nothing alike. The brand I use is Proline. Remember to get the single packaged ones though; you don't want the ones with the scrubber side. I also heard that Lowes carries a pretty good one too. I certainly notice a difference between them and most bone sponges you will find.

All I can say is just try it. It does work in having a scratch-free wash provided you use proper wash technique, and I find that it does so much better than mitts which is why I use it. If you like it, great, if not, than cut the thing up into 6 squares you have some pretty good dressing applicators!

For $2, you can't go wrong either way!

rusty bumper
Apr 28th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I use t o buy those old bone sponges to cut up and use as applicators, and from everyone I have felt, they feel nothing alike. The brand I use is Proline. Remember to get the single packaged ones though; you don't want the ones with the scrubber side. I also heard that Lowes carries a pretty good one too. I certainly notice a difference between them and most bone sponges you will find.

All I can say is just try it. It does work in having a scratch-free wash provided you use proper wash technique, and I find that it does so much better than mitts which is why I use it. If you like it, great, if not, than cut the thing up into 6 squares you have some pretty good dressing applicators!

For $2, you can't go wrong either way!

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Great idea about cutting up the sponges!:dancing2

Derrick
May 18th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I have been using ultra plush micro fiber mitts and 100% lambs wool mitts.

TKDDAD
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Unfortunately, the Deep Pile Chenille Wash Mitt (X-3000) is a product that has been discontinued. The Microfiber Wash Mitt (X-3002) is the product that has superseded it. It is a great wash mitt, gently lifting dirt/grime while still pampering the painted surface...

LOVE the new Microfibre mitt. GREAT PRODUCT !!!...THANKS MEGUIARS!

Nolan_k
Jul 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I usually grab a rag from under the sink. Just kidding, I use Natural Lambswool.

3Fitty
Jul 24th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I've been using natural lambswool and I really like it, EXCEPT I don't know if I'm not taking proper care of it but it is ripping to shreads and I've only had it for about 4 months or about 30-40 washes.

I'm actually looking to replace it this week and was open to suggestions.

mongo
Aug 30th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I have tried H ome depot grout sponge does NOT work swirl city.

Microfiber mitt cleans well but does not release dirt.

cotton chenille Viking brand with cotton loogo on it does pretty good.

My fav is a Lambswool mitt.

asim_296
Sep 10th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I just bought 18 pieces of microfiber wash mitt, i just don't know why :D

ColonelCash
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:20 PM
The ones from Lowes are $1.97. Back in the tile section, near carpet and flooring. My store had boxes of them. I'll be using ONR for the first time this weekend and will give it a try.

Tuck91
Jan 11th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I actually just got the Meguiars Ultra Chenille Wash Pad and it is a good product but sheds its fibers a bit

xantonin
May 11th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I used a Microfiber Wash Mitt I bought at Target. The outside works great, but after the 3rd wash or so the interior started falling apart. It functions fine just feels weird putting my hand in there since there's some torn fabric.

I thought of getting a lambswool one next but after reading these posts, I think I'll just get a quality MF mitt again, hopefully one that lasts longer.

dope92cc
Jun 19th, 2009, 10:39 PM
MF. gentle on paint and makes it easy washing my mitt with my water magnet and soft touch.

cardriver
Jun 19th, 2009, 11:22 PM
I love the dogbone-shaped microfiber sponge with the dreadlocks on one side, and the bug-scraper texture on the other side. I think I got mine at WallyWorld for a few bucks.

Murr1525
Jun 19th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I got a MF mitt with dreadlocks at Target to keep at the fiance's house for her car. Probably will try it out next week, we'll have to see how the dreadlocks work.

Eddie6th
Jun 20th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Sorry,can't vote.I use good quality sponges.

rusty bumper
Jun 20th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I got a MF mitt with dreadlocks at Target to keep at the fiance's house for her car. Probably will try it out next week, we'll have to see how the dreadlocks work.

Do post back about that mitt, Murr. I've seen those in the stores, but was a bit skeptical about them.

I see your Penguins knocked off the Hurricanes.

01GPGT
Jun 27th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I like microfiber.

cardriver
Jun 27th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Gotta love the dogbone-shaped MF dreadlock-wrapped sponges :thumb:
Has the bug-scrubbing netting on one side for washing the headlights and side mirror housings, and the dreadlocks on the other side for everything else =).
Got mine at WallyWorld, but my guess is that any chain store carries their version of it.

I also have a different MF wash mitt, but apparently it was designed with Sasquatch's hand in mind. It's a bit too large to go over my hand, and also too large to grasp like a sponge, too.

Murr1525
Jun 27th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Do post back about that mitt, Murr. I've seen those in the stores, but was a bit skeptical about them.

Well, we cant all have 4 straight seasons drafting 1st and 2nd overall.....:dunno

Though apparently I lied about the mitt. It was a Vroom brand one, but not dreads. It is a big blue MF, and it looks like the dreads were cut to fray. It actually worked very well though, held tons of water, and scrubbed nicely.

dope92cc
Jun 28th, 2009, 12:08 AM
MF. gentle on paint and makes it easy washing my mitt with my water magnet and soft touch.

I also like the size of the MF mitt. Easier to scrub on the grit gaurd. My lamb's wool is too long. Plus using a MF will score some points with the animal lovers

dreamps
Jun 30th, 2009, 08:28 AM
MF here

05ram25004x4
Nov 10th, 2009, 05:41 PM
MF here too. It works well on my truck and doesnt seem to harm the paint.

Garage Troll
Nov 29th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Natural lambs wool. The ones I get at Advance Auto are really nice for 8.99 and last a good long while.