PDA

View Full Version : I will never take wax off by hand again!

Detaillab
Mar 1st, 2007, 04:35 PM
I took wax off today with the G100, a cutting pad, and microfiberbonnets. I will never, ever take wax off by hand again. It was so easy, and it looked amazing. (I took off M66)

TrufflePig
Mar 1st, 2007, 05:36 PM
bud you're finished.

J. A. Michaels
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:19 AM
Doing it this way is great huh?

gb387
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:38 AM
Same here.... I was a little skeptical when I first found bonnets for product removal but MOL members convinced me to try it and I wouldn't go back!

BlueZero
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:42 AM
:o

I still have not tried it for removal yet. I have a few packs of microfiber bonnets. Guess I will have to give it a try.

TrufflePig
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:16 AM
:o

I still have not tried it for removal yet. I have a few packs of microfiber bonnets. Guess I will have to give it a try.

you're finished too.:LOLOL:

Coupe
Mar 2nd, 2007, 01:03 PM
Ive tried removeing wax/sealant with my PC many many many times and i still find that i can remove the wax/sealant easier and faster by hand.

jarred767
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:20 PM
It's not that it takes you less time, it that it adds to the overall look of the car. I usually give the car a quick wipe with a MF towel and then go over the whole car with the DA and cutting pad with MF Bonnet over it, turns out great, not any faster, but better looking IMO.

Coupe
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Im sorry but i dont see how that is possible.

TrufflePig
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:31 PM
It's not that it takes you less time, it that it adds to the overall look of the car. I usually give the car a quick wipe with a MF towel and then go over the whole car with the DA and cutting pad with MF Bonnet over it, turns out great, not any faster, but better looking IMO.

i agree. CONSISTENCY!!!

Coupe
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:38 PM
But how does it look better?
Once you remove wax/sealant, thats it, thats as good as it is going to look whether you removed by hand or machine.

JG_Detailing
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I still like removing wax by hand. But sometimes I'll use the PC to do it.

mis3
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:21 AM
If you don't mind, please let me know exactly which products (pad, bonnets) to get for wax removal.

I am thinking to buy a G100A and I would like to order all the required pads and bonnets.

Thanks

jarred767
Mar 9th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Coupe
But how does it look better?
Once you remove wax/sealant, thats it, thats as good as it is going to look whether you removed by hand or machine.

Once again, it's not that it will make the actual finish of the car look better, its that it will give a more consistent look to the entire car as a whole. Your not going to buff off the wax with your hand using the exact same speed and motion over the entire car. Using a DA you can.

Consistency!!

Coupe
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Still dont make any sense, once its removed thats it, its removed. Thats as good as it will look, i dunno what consistency has to do with anything.

You did say it will look better:

How will it look better? Please explain consistency in this respect.

farmboy
Mar 10th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Consistency is how the Buckeyes beat the Wolverines.:xyxthumbs