PDA

View Full Version : Orbital Polisher vs Dual-Action Polisher

MI DOG
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:37 AM
Hi, im Daniel from Jakarta Indonesia. In here we couldn't find DA polishers. In Indonesia we usually use rotary, but this were used by profesional car detailers. As newbie we used hand (this is never ending work!!). The only alternative is orbital polisher. In hardware store (ACE Hardware) they only sells orbital polisher. so can anyone explain me what is the difference between this two polisher?

anyone who exported DA polisher or can sent this product to Indonesia?

Thx

Daniel Saputra

Ryan L.
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:50 AM
Give this a read...

Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1395)

MI DOG
Mar 4th, 2007, 05:33 AM
lilblkblt04 (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=9729) thx for the info =)

does anyone know who can send this product to Indonesia?im not sure that this is possible hohoho..

Sydster
Mar 4th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Hi Daniel! Why don't you checkout amazon.com they ship to other countries and I believe they have the G100 and the Porter Cable.

TrufflePig
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:19 PM
WELCOME TO MOL!!!

yes check amazon. they'll ship.

the other pc
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:57 PM
:welcome to MOL Daniel.

If I'm not mistaken, Indonesia has 230V power. That means you can't use a G100 unless you also get a voltage converter (transformer) too.

The other option would be to get a similar machine that's available for 230V. There have been some threads on what the guys in the places like Australia and New Zealand have been using.

PC.

MI DOG
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Ok guys.. i will check amazon.com.. Thx for the info.. i've got some info from meguiars enthusiast in Indonesia,in here they sell G-100,but the price is around $800.. it's very out off range.. how much does G-100 in US?

hmm.. in indonesia have 220v.. G-100 is 110v?no problem.. we sell many coverter here =)

@the other pc : do have information of meguiars enthusiast in australia or new zealand?

Thx

Daniel S

PorscheGuy997
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Wow, $800 is a just a little bit pricey. I got mine here from an MOL member for about $100.

You can do a search on this forum for other members from Australia or New Zealand.

smurf
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Hi Daniel

Down here in New Zealand we have the same problem our power is 240v
can not run a G100 and to get a power converter,then it becomes a very expensive piece of equipment
So what I use is a Cyclo polisher which is 240v Power supply

MI DOG
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:59 AM
In Indonesia output converter 240v to 110v in very cheap.. it cost about US$10-20 :db:
so we dont have much problem for power supply ;)

Thx anyway hehehe..