PDA

View Full Version : All Purpose Cleaner Plus - Grease Removal

gb387
Mar 15th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Well, I have had All Purpose Cleaner Plus for about a year now and really have found many good uses for it. I just had the gallon pay for itself in one use!

To make a short story long :laughing I found some grease on the interior of my 3 day old truck(I missed it on the delivery inspection), I bought the truck in Minnesota and was now back at home in Iowa. Needless to say I was a little up set, so I called the dealer and they offered to pay to get it removed locally - as I really didn't want to try and remove it for fear of making it look worse. After I got off the phone with the dealer I thought about it and pulled Quik Interior Detailer out, it wasn't up to the task of grease. I searched the product collection and reached for the APC+....

Before:
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/534/medium/Grease_-_APC_.jpg

The Mess:
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/534/medium/Grease_-_APC_2_.jpg

After:
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/534/medium/Grease_-_APC_1_.jpg

As you can see it cleaned up very nice but it did take a little scrubbing and the Triple Duty Detail Brush to get in the grooves. This part of the vehicle is a plasticy, textured something or another. I also found some grease on the steering wheel and drivers door panel and again the APC+ removed it with ease. After looking at it in the sun there might be just a hint of grease left to clean up on the gray area in the photos.

I then called the dealer and told them the I was able to remove the grease on my own, they were very nice about it and did offer to pay for dinner out one night for the trouble but I declined as it really didn't take long to remove with the right product.

APC+ rocks!

Murr1525
Mar 15th, 2007, 06:14 PM
I dont think you fully understand the concept of free stuff....:confused:

gb387
Mar 15th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I dont think you fully understand the concept of free stuff....:confused:

Maybe I don't!?!? :D

sneek
Mar 15th, 2007, 07:50 PM
What did you get?

Edit. you got a chevy?
Didn't you own an S-10 before you got a lightning?

J. A. Michaels
Mar 16th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Glad the apc+ worked for you. Congrats on your new truck.

gb387
Mar 16th, 2007, 04:11 AM
What did you get?

Edit. you got a chevy?
Didn't you own an S-10 before you got a lightning?

Bought and Avalanche, I have been looking for a few months. I did have an S-10 prior to the L, I really didn't have any good luck with the S10. But after riding in a the new Tahoe and Avalanche I found the Avalanche to be exactly what I wanted, a 4 door pickup with a comfortable ride. Chevy has really stepped up to the plate with their new full size trucks and SUVs.

Mort Corey
Jan 15th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I know this thread is a little dated, but had an occasion to use APC+ cleaning my stainless steel BBQ last weekend. Baked on grease wouldn't budge with the special SS BBQ cleaner I had in stock so I figured why not look into my Meguairs stash....APC+ cut through the crud that nothing else would touch. At 10:1 dilution it did OK but I mixed up a special bottle at 7 or 8:1 and you could watch the grease drip down the sides. Spray on, let it sit a short while and wiped off with (many) paper towels. Awesome.

Mort

Phostenix
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Great. Now I gotta start detailing my BBQ, too?! :rolleyes:

:laughing

Murr1525
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Great. Now I gotta start detailing my BBQ, too?! :rolleyes:

:laughing

I've already clayed and used Nxt Metal Polysh on the lid of mine...

Mort Corey
Oct 13th, 2008, 10:12 AM
APC+ rides again. My wife uses some kind of sonic jewelry cleaner for her diamond rings and such. Last weekend she ran out of the juice (which is pretty expensive for a really small bottle) and I told her to give my 7:1 dilution of APC+ a try. The stuff came out better than ever and in much less time. It actually looks better than when it's professionally cleaned at a jewelers. Not sure I'd try it with softer stones (opals, emeralds etc) but with gold and diamonds it's a winner.

Mort

gb387
Oct 14th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Mort - interesting, I have found tons of uses since I started this thread and couldn't be happier with either APC or APC+ both get a big thumbs up in my book!

TXShine
Nov 19th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Mort - interesting, I have found tons of uses since I started this thread and couldn't be happier with either APC or APC+ both get a big thumbs up in my book!

I couldn't agree more. Being that I use APC+ for all kinds of stuff, I probably go through more APC+ than any other Meguiar's product. Been thinking about stepping up to the five gallon monster.

gb387
Nov 19th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I couldn't agree more. Being that I use APC+ for all kinds of stuff, I probably go through more APC+ than any other Meguiar's product. Been thinking about stepping up to the five gallon monster.

Huh - never thought of that, I kind of try to conserve it so I don't run out all of the sudden. I used 'Greased Lightning' prior to the APC products now use APC or APC+ in place of the GL. Seems that it will clean just about anything! :xyxthumbs

ColonelCash
Nov 19th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I use a lot of APC, but I was looking at APC+. Can I use APC+ on everything I used APC on? If so, I need to order some from ADS before the November sale runs out.
Thanks.

Markus Kleis
Nov 19th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I use a lot of APC, but I was looking at APC+. Can I use APC+ on everything I used APC on? If so, I need to order some from ADS before the November sale runs out.
Thanks.

Yup.

I believe the main difference is that APC+ is a lower "sudsing" formula so it can be used in hot water extractors/carpet cleaning.

Mort Corey
Dec 11th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Found another APC+ winner last weekend. We have an older leather (comfy) couch that had some areas on the cushions that were looking a little faded. I tried some Gold Class cleaner conditioner in those areas and it was pulling up residue and looked a little better. APC+ @ 10:1 and a little messaging with a fingernail brush and the years of residue (that I thought was fading) was gone. (this was on my test spot that's not too visable....just in case). I ended up cleaning the entire couch and then going over the whole thing with the GC conditioner and it looks like new again. I haven't tried this on automotive leather but don't think I'd hesitate to give it a try if the need arose.

Mort (who is thankful that now he doesn't have to buy a new couch)

gb387
Dec 11th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Found another APC+ winner last weekend. We have an older leather (comfy) couch that had some areas on the cushions that were looking a little faded. I tried some Gold Class cleaner conditioner in those areas and it was pulling up residue and looked a little better. APC+ @ 10:1 and a little messaging with a fingernail brush and the years of residue (that I thought was fading) was gone. (this was on my test spot that's not too visable....just in case). I ended up cleaning the entire couch and then going over the whole thing with the GC conditioner and it looks like new again. I haven't tried this on automotive leather but don't think I'd hesitate to give it a try if the need arose.

Mort (who is thankful that now he doesn't have to buy a new couch)

I have used APC+ on some very dirty areas of leather, it was light gray in color almost white leather APC+ safely removed the dirty look with ease, the owner was very happy with the results. In the past I had tried several other products to clean these trouble area but didn't have the best luck, the leather never really looked 'new'. So.... I did a test spot first with APC+ as I wasn't sure it was the right product for the job. Test spot was fine and all was good! It cleaned the leather very easy with little to no effort. :xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs

Mort Corey
Dec 11th, 2008, 03:03 PM
:iagree: Versatile product. The only reason I went over things with GC conditioner was I wasn't sure if the APC might leave things a little too dry and maybe tend to crack.....maybe just paranoia, but it added a little extra luster and suppleness as a bonus.

Only problem I've found, is that the more uses I find for it, the faster I seem to go through a gallon:D

gb387
Dec 11th, 2008, 04:25 PM
:iagree: Versatile product. The only reason I went over things with GC conditioner was I wasn't sure if the APC might leave things a little too dry and maybe tend to crack.....maybe just paranoia, but it added a little extra luster and suppleness as a bonus.

Only problem I've found, is that the more uses I find for it, the faster I seem to go through a gallon:D

I found that it left the leather rather soft feeling - I had the same worry.