PDA

View Full Version : what to clean cloth seats with?

mopower440
Jul 25th, 2004, 10:57 AM
hello,
just bought a saturn that has been sitting for a while, it has cloth seats, they are dirty and need a good cleanin, just wondering what to use to get them good and clean?
thanks

rdarwa
Jul 25th, 2004, 11:50 AM
just bought a saturn that has been sitting for a while, it has cloth seats, they are dirty and need a good cleanin, just wondering what to use to get them good and clean?

Meguiars makes a awesome carpet and interior cleaner! Use the carpet cleaner G-9416. I bought a used 4runner that had some spots in the seats. I didn't think it would get it out since it probably was on there for a long time. This stuff took all the spots out with no problem. I have never used anything like it.:xyxthumbs

rusty bumper
Jul 25th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by mopower440
hello,
thanks
Hi mopower440...Welcome to MOL!

I agree with rdarwa about the carpet & upholstery cleaner...It's a great product.

You can spray it on and wipe it off with a damp rag, or you can saturate the product on a soft sponge and squeeze the sponge to make it foam up, and use the foam to do the cleaning with.

This method works well when using something like APC+ that has no foam head sprayer on the bottle.

Andy M.
Jul 25th, 2004, 02:36 PM
I have heard woolite works well. But never tried it.

mirrorfinishman
Jul 31st, 2004, 02:47 PM
You could also use your favorite brand name upholstery cleaner. The kind that are either liquid or in a spray can. Just apply the cleaner and use a soft bristle nylon brush to clean away the dirt. Always a good idea to vacuum thoroughly after cleaning.

WHITE HONDA
Aug 1st, 2004, 02:33 PM
If the seats are that BAD you would need a hot water extractor, Take it to a professional detailer and have the seats cleaned then you can maintain yourself after that. Thats solution to your problem good luck:xyxthumbs