PDA

View Full Version : Decals on or off of vehicles

JG_Detailing
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:53 AM
How many of you would put decals on or keep them off your vehicle's?

BlueZero
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:23 PM
For me it depends on the decals and the car or truck. ;)

CWM3
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:35 PM
For me it's decals off. I think a car is just a bit cleaner without them. I only have had 1 sticker on my car and that was to show my support for the police. I never got a ticket while that was on my vehicle. May not have been the reason, but it works for me.

J. A. Michaels
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:36 PM
As far as on the paint; just pinstriping. I would not be adverse to applying a decal to the inside of a window for the world to see.

Daniel Kinder
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:42 AM
for me my cars aren't comic books or billboards, i don't want nothing touching my paint but MEGUIARS and a great shine!:coolgleam

MaximusZTS
Dec 25th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Just on the glass for me.

Ryan L.
Dec 25th, 2007, 10:28 AM
On all three of the cars we have Cal Poly SLO (San Luis Obispo) window decals because that's where my brother goes to college. On the Jeep and Ford I put the Meguiar's Online Logo's that Shawn made on the windows. The Ford also has a Meguiar's decal from ADS on the windows. Then the Jeep has a Meguiar's logo on the rear door panel...but hey it looks cool!!

Ryan

Raymond
Dec 25th, 2007, 11:47 AM
For me, decals are okay as long as they are few and small. In other words, a small decal in the side windows is okay, like for a Car Club you're in or something. Advertising for companies who's parts you have installed on your car is pretty stupid in my opinion, unless your sponsored. Either way I would avoid it. Pin stripes were cool back in the day, when people believed adding the stripe made the car look more "fancy," but now, at least to me... they look tacky. I'd rather see the clean body lines of whatever car than stare at a stripe along the edge of the car. Just my $0.02!!

Jimmy The Detailer
Dec 25th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Sure, pinstriping is normal, but one peeve that most would agree is when dealers put their stupid stickers on. That's ridiculous and unless they pay me to advertise off they come. That said, any superfluous adorments depends on the owners taste with respect to their ride. In example, my ride, unless its white, which it is, or black, any other shade would diminish its character immensely.

Jimmy The Detailer
Dec 25th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Sure, pinstriping is normal, but one peeve that most would agree is when dealers put their stupid stickers on. That's ridiculous and unless they pay me to advertise off they come. That said, any superfluous adorments depends on the owners taste with respect to their ride. In example, my ride, unless its white, which it is, or black, any other shade would diminish its character immensely.

Superior Shine
Dec 25th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I even remove the badges and name plates.

Sydster
Dec 25th, 2007, 03:11 PM
for me my cars aren't comic books or billboards, i don't want nothing touching my paint but MEGUIARS and a great shine!:coolgleam

:iagree:

mbmont
Dec 25th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I perfer the clean look of no decals!

VonLego
Dec 26th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Coming form a mustang perspective---

Only decals are small single colors in windows, preferably removable glass stickers.
Side "rocker panel" pinstrips are alright.
Large center racing stripes bumper to bumper are cheap to install as decals, but I would never do it. To cheap if you ask me and would have a higher chance of looking tacky.

G Force
Dec 26th, 2007, 04:18 AM
I would not use them on my car i don't mind the looks of cars that have some decals. decals most of the time have some dust at edges. :cool:

SVT Lightning
Dec 26th, 2007, 11:09 AM
I think you should include windows only in your poll. Just a thought. I never put decals on paint. They are pretty easy to get off of glass.

Ed 718
Dec 26th, 2007, 11:19 AM
For me I have no choice since my 350z is mostly show so I have some of my sponsor decals on it however I was concerned on the lasting effect ( shadows ) on the decals. I would hate to remove them and still show a silloutte of the decals on my paint.

roushstage2
Dec 26th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Coming form a mustang perspective---

Only decals are small single colors in windows, preferably removable glass stickers.
Side "rocker panel" pinstrips are alright.
Large center racing stripes bumper to bumper are cheap to install as decals, but I would never do it. To cheap if you ask me and would have a higher chance of looking tacky.
I have a S3M.com decal where the rocker stripe would be.
So for me, on.

Deaner5
Dec 26th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I'm a just pinstriping guy since my car came with them, but they are painted on so they look very nice. As far as decals, they just gotta stay classy. Not a huge fan of them decals in general, but I did get me some MOL decals and I know those will look good in the window.

sneek
Dec 26th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I dont have either. I have 2 Megs decals, but no where to put them. I know that you can get that ghost effect after removal if that aren't cared for properly.

mattaleca
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I even remove the badges and name plates.
:iagree:

I took off everything I could...even those pesky yellow stripes that dodge thought would be cool. I like the car for what it is...Its essence. Don't need all that clutter on the paint. How many Vipers, Ferrari or Lambos do you see with graphic kits. Thats what I thought.

christian6984
Mar 6th, 2008, 05:31 AM
http://www.ojsweb.com/pics/photos/000418.jpg
http://www.ojsweb.com/pics/photos/000419.jpg

I dont like them and wouldnt do this to my clio. I knew some one with a golf and he used Black duct tape but the roof slopes inward and you cant go over the roof, and removing the stipes may remove the paint aswell.

gb387
Mar 6th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Just on the glass for me.

Same here, nothing more.

EAT HEMI
Mar 6th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Vinyl decals are part of my Charger Daytonas overall look - so I voted yes.

However, I raised a hissy about dealer decals. Everything you see on my car is stock.

johnd651
Mar 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
its a hard question... i love my car for what it is and dont want stickers on it but i really do love the badge across the trunk...it stands out compared alot of other cars (like the lambo, etc)

but no dealer badges, etc

benhui86
Mar 29th, 2008, 01:19 AM
i would put a meguiars decal on except that if the car is dirty... it kind of shames the sticker.... so i dont have one on.....

CHIP-MOVER
Mar 30th, 2008, 03:18 PM
All Off For Me. Dealer Decals For Sure.

Suprem01
Apr 9th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Off. I think they are pretty tacky on my car

Anvstang'04
Apr 9th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I say as long as it is tasteful

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/100_1709.JPG

lascrew
Apr 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Off, IMO; unless you're sponsored and may be obligated to do it.

However, here is a good example of way to cover vendor requirements without the outside stickers.

He has it illuminated from the inside; when necessary.
http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/ge2/532261.jpg

acsuppa
Apr 25th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Nothing for me. I don't even care for emblems.

Kriez
Apr 26th, 2008, 04:38 AM
I have an Apple sticker in my back lower corner of my window, but that's about it.

Rip
Sep 13th, 2008, 01:17 PM
NO mfg's decals allowed I have pinstriping and my dragon for accenture only

Mr Mustang
Sep 17th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Nothing on my paint, I dont even like the pinstripes that are on now, but I'll leave them until it's time for a new paint job. I'll put some small ones on the windows, I have to have one to park at school, and one for my school. But that's about it, may put a megs decal on at some point, when I'm ready to order some more stuff from ADS.

CieraSL
Mar 19th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I don't like decals (stickers, magnets, etc.), just the factory emblems saying the make and model of the vehicle. :wavey

Tuck91
Mar 19th, 2009, 04:04 PM
i like the decals that are on trucks such as Z71 on chevys, and FX4 on Fords

ClearlyCoated
Mar 25th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Nothing I would stick to the paint. Painted graphics are another story, but it would have to be a good story! If I want to display a bumper sticker, I tape it to the inside of my rear window because nothing looks sillier than displaying something like an old campaign sticker, especially if the party lost. Faded "Al Gore in 2000" bumper stickers do nothing for a car's appearance!

chrisw
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:30 AM
decals on. If it is a factory option and a special edition vehicle. Point of interest, a company in the States (A.C.I. Paint Film) has developed a vinyl that is coated with true automotive paint and is clear coated which they claim can be buffed and polished. Possible?

dope92cc
Apr 15th, 2009, 08:24 PM
nothing at all. no pinstripes(unless it's on a leadsled) and absolutely no sticking badgeez. Trim's fine but anything that is completely superfluous & removable has got to go.

Eddie6th
Jun 3rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
Depends.generaly speaking,i don't like decals.I normally remove them.If it's discreet okay.Again depends.

HCAD
Jun 3rd, 2009, 06:07 PM
Club stickers (small) are a must, gotta support your group. I even decided to try a larger one just for grins and a lot of the guys in the club like it. Several have added it to theirs. What do you think? Too big?

....and the little Rt.129 sticker at the bottom for having slayed the Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee. Gotta have that one!

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww260/theCVMC/IMG_1992Largee-mailview.jpg

cardriver
Jun 3rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
I don't care for advertising.

Matt Majeika
Jun 24th, 2010, 10:45 AM
I has a Vanderbilt University decal on my truck and loved it! Now I have an SUV and the back wiper would get in the way. Thinking of adding a Meguiar's decal to my back window!!

Wilhelm
Mar 15th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I didn't want to take a VIN label off my bike, so I slapped another label over it.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/313449_483133148417237_564818548_n.jpg