PDA

View Full Version : We've switched back to vBulletin

Mike Phillips
Dec 11th, 2007, 07:43 AM
***Announcement***

We've switched back to vBulletin
As you may have noticed, we have switched back to vBulletin as our discussion forum software. There were many factors surrounding this decision for the change, but the final decision was based upon one primary reason,

The overwhelming consensus and wishes of our forum members is to return to using vBulletin

We’ve already upgraded to the latest version of vB and we’ve also upgraded our PhotoPost Photo Gallery to the newest version for a more enjoyable experience when participating on MeguiarsOnline.com At this time, the C.S. forum will be archived until we can import the databases into our vBulletin based forum.

What this means to you…
If you were a member of our “original” forum then all you have to do is log back in using your original Username and password. If you cannot remember your Username and/or password then you can have your Username sent to you and have your password reset by clicking the link below and then entering the e-mail address you used when you joined the original forum.

Re-send Username and Re-set Password (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw)

If you were never a member of the original forum then you’ll need to register as a new member by visiting this link.

Register with Meguiar's Online (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/register.php)

We apologize for any inconvenience and/or confusion but we know going forward that the best long term solution for our online community is to return to vBulletin for our forum software.

Questions?

Mister B
Dec 11th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Great news!

It will be nice having all the great MOL information back in one location again, once the archives from the C.S. forum are imported.

Thanks.

Ryan L.
Dec 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM
So all those charts and files and cool things some of us made should be reposted here or is everything coming over?

Ryan

TXShine
Dec 11th, 2007, 03:52 PM
All I can say is wow! This was'nt what I thought I would be reading about.

davey g-force
Dec 11th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Mike, you just wanted to get your original post count back!! ;)

Na seriously, I can't tell you how good it feels to be back home. Thanks for listening to the forum members. :bigups

*EDIT* I can't see any smilies. Anyone else experienceing this?

Superior Shine
Dec 11th, 2007, 04:23 PM
AWESOME!!! Expect my extreme write ups again.

We have been doing some really cool cars lately.

roushstage2
Dec 11th, 2007, 04:34 PM
vBulletin should speed things back up.
I am glad to see the threads and such will be brought over so none of that information is archived rather.
I just miss my post count now (not that it matters...) :(

yalerd
Dec 11th, 2007, 04:47 PM
AWESOME!!! Expect my extreme write ups again.

We have been doing some really cool cars lately.

I can't wait to see that!!

dietoremain
Dec 11th, 2007, 04:47 PM
ah back to the old school and I just got used to the new one! haha its ok. I liked this one alot too. cant wait to see all the continuing updates comin up.

yalerd
Dec 11th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I have a question, what happened to the old other forum?
Are all the posts, pictures, questions, information, chats gone?

Renny Doyle
Dec 11th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Thank God and good move! Great to be back Mike...glad to see you ane the team decided to go back to your old ways!

Joe's detailing
Dec 11th, 2007, 09:00 PM
''OMG'' where's Joe's detailing ...?
I'm here..lol
Mike fix me please back to my old self

stanza man
Dec 11th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I can't read read my new pm.I am logged on and I can only read my old pm's from years ago.And the clock is off.

roushstage2
Dec 11th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I can't read read my new pm.I am logged on and I can only read my old pm's from years ago.And the clock is off.

Give it a bit of time. All will be well.

Lt1Corvette
Dec 11th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I'm back.

Tim Lingor
Dec 12th, 2007, 04:56 AM
''OMG'' where's Joe's detailing ...?
I'm here..lol
Mike fix me please back to my old self

I took care of it! There you go!

Tim

Jeepster04
Dec 12th, 2007, 07:55 AM
When will we be able to see the other forum? I was just getting use to it too.

Can I get my name changed to Jeepster?

Mister B
Dec 12th, 2007, 08:15 AM
When will we be able to see the other forum? I was just getting use to it too.

You can still visit the other forum.

Click here: http://forumarchive.meguiars.com/

dave40co
Dec 12th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Thank You, I used to fall asleep waiting for the other forum to load. At my age time is a great commodity!

kclundy
Dec 12th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Sorry if I'm missing something... but are all of the posts / threads, etc. that were on the other forum going to be converted over to this new forum? I'd hate to lose all of that valuable information...

Joe's detailing
Dec 12th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I took care of it! There you go!

Tim
Thanks Tim.....

Mike Phillips
Dec 12th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Sorry if I'm missing something... but are all of the posts / threads, etc. that were on the other forum going to be converted over to this new forum? I'd hate to lose all of that valuable information...

Our Webmaster Ross is going to try to import the threads on the CS forum over to here. At this time there is no importing software to import from CS to vB so it's going to take some time. Until then, if there's a post you over here you can always copy and paste it yourself.

Patman
Dec 12th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I like this message board much better, it's much easier to figure out what topics you've visited and jump right to the newest posts. It was too hard to do that on the other message board.

cafemoc
Dec 12th, 2007, 04:27 PM
:xyxthumbs

looks much better, feels better!
Thank you!

kclundy
Dec 12th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Perhaps someone who's been successful in creating a decent-quality Avatar can assist me in setting mine up... I've saved the photo in as low a quality and small a size as needed to get to/below the 29.5mb size limit, and my avatar looks horrible compared to the others in this thread. How did you guys get such a high quality avatar?

stealth
Dec 12th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Thanx Mike for the change back to the original format w/vB. I'm even able to use my original screen name/signature & upcoming avatar. Great decision & results as always enjoy the upcoming holidays. BTW are you going to post you christmas tree pix for those of us who look forward to it & those who never saw it? Hope so!

rusty bumper
Dec 12th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Well done forum team!

School just shut down for the holidays so maybe I can catch up on some new stuff.

Thanks again! party:

jfelbab
Dec 12th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I can't tell you how happy I am to see this. I had so much trouble using the other software that I just gave up. This was really disappointing since this is the best forum on the web IMO. I feel like Santa came early this year.

Thank you,

Jim

cwcad
Dec 12th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I am glad that you switched back as well. It feels like home again!!

9C1 MAN
Dec 12th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Thank god Back to the old form; way to go mike. Just came home from work and could not log on. But thats ok.party:

Tungsten
Dec 13th, 2007, 08:02 AM
#1 - Thank God we finally changed back to vBulletin. The other software was so bad that I rarely used the forum to post, only read.

#2 - Please stick with vBulletin and don't change to something else again. Losing posts because of software hopping *****.

Kman
Dec 13th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Glad Meguiar's switched back to VB. I can start posting again!

rqk
Dec 15th, 2007, 05:31 AM
Thank you so much!!!!! Meguiar's does listen to its customers! We've been reunited with a source of information worthy of having the Meguiar's name on it. :)

MexMick
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:37 PM
A simple question and hopefully a simple answer!

How do I get back to the home page when im in the forum ??

Sorry, sorry my bad! Figured ot out, just click the Meguiarsonline logo at the top.

DaGonz
Dec 15th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Switching back to vBulletin is like running into an old girlfriend and rekindling a romance.. thank you! :spot

Bunky
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:19 AM
I really like the new (old) forum. For those on dialup it, it is quicker since you have to navigate through fewer menus. I visit more often again. I just select "New Posts" and that is it.

Tech_Greek
Dec 21st, 2007, 04:32 PM
I see you took my advice, and even went for the front splash page software - pretty cool right? :)

- Eric

Mike Phillips
Dec 21st, 2007, 04:52 PM
I see you took my advice, and even went for the front splash page software - pretty cool right? :)

- Eric

Actually, we've been using vBadvanced for a couple of years now and before that we were using a similar CMS, can't think of the name off hand.

Mike Phillips
Dec 21st, 2007, 04:54 PM
A simple question and hopefully a simple answer!

How do I get back to the home page when im in the forum ??

Sorry, sorry my bad! Figured ot out, just click the Meguiarsonline logo at the top.

That's correct, simply click on the MOL Logo in the upper left hand corner on any forum page and it will take you back to the homepage.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/images/mol_custom/mol_logo2006.jpg (http://meguiarsonline.com/)

In fact you can click on the image above and it will take you to the homepage.

:coolgleam

Superior Shine
Dec 21st, 2007, 05:02 PM
The activity on MOL seems to have increased since the change back to VB. :dp:

rusty bumper
Dec 21st, 2007, 08:38 PM
The activity on MOL seems to have increased since the change back to VB. :dp:

Yeah....even I'm back...for a while anyway.

Stevens Detailing
Jan 1st, 2008, 07:21 PM
Hey Mike can switch my username back to Stevens Detailing. Thanks, Happy New Year!

WrightDetail
Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:28 AM
Mike,

Is it possible to change Zoomer back to WrightDetail ? If it is thanks in advance, if the pic of the Tucson is still with it, omit it, sadly my baby got totalled in accident 12/15/07....so on the search for replacement.

thanks again

Z ( WrightDetail )

Mike Phillips
Jan 2nd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Hey Mike can switch my username back to Stevens Detailing. Thanks, Happy New Year!

Sure.

Just to note, posting a request like this to page 5 of a thread usually isn't as effective as sending me an e-mail for a name change.
:LOLOL:

Mike Phillips
Jan 2nd, 2008, 09:03 AM
Mike,

Is it possible to change Zoomer back to WrightDetail ?

Uh.... sure... :laughing

WrightDetail
Jan 2nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Uh.... sure... :laughing

THanks Mike:bow

Stevens Detailing
Jan 2nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
Sure.

Just to note, posting a request like this to page 5 of a thread usually isn't as effective as sending me an e-mail for a name change.
:LOLOL:
It just shows how good you are Mike!

Bence
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Ohhh, I just noticed the change! I wanted some info on the new 105 and bam!

I clicked on "New Posts" immediately and the number was astonishing over 15.400...

But I'll put MOL back into my daily routine. GREAT!