PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Wax Application Method?

Sydster
Dec 19th, 2007, 01:24 AM
I was just wondering how most of you guys apply your LSP.

1. Even Coat Applicator Pad by Hand

2. Hi-Tech Applicator Pad by Hand

3. Extra Large 6" Diameter Applicator Pad By Hand (Marine RV Line)

4. Finishing Pad with a G100/PC

5. 10'-11" Orbital Polisher

6. Other

Take Care!

Syd

J. A. Michaels
Dec 19th, 2007, 01:59 AM
99% of the time it would be, finishing pad with the g100.Nice thin even coat. makes life easy,lol.

Ticman
Dec 19th, 2007, 04:00 AM
99% of the time it would be, finishing pad with the g100.Nice thin even coat. makes life easy,lol.

:iagree: :bigups :bigups

yalerd
Dec 19th, 2007, 04:02 AM
I use the finishing pad with my G100 but sometimes I apply them by hand and use the Hi-Tech Applicator Pad.

Jimmy The Detailer
Dec 19th, 2007, 05:33 AM
G100 and pads are preferable for #83/80 and pretty much most as this method is incomparable to hand application. But I believe at least one coat of NXT 2.0 or #21 by hand as to feel that symbiotic connection of applying it on like when one UQD's, "nnanananna be the wax, be the wax"

Michael Stoops
Dec 19th, 2007, 08:10 AM
I use a finishing pad on the DA to apply liquid waxes/sealants but I apply M16 (the only paste wax I use) by hand with a hi-tech applicator pad.

roushstage2
Dec 19th, 2007, 08:14 AM
I was just wondering how most of you guys apply your LSP.

1. Even Coat Applicator Pad by Hand

2. Hi-Tech Applicator Pad by Hand

3. Extra Large 6" Diameter Applicator Pad By Hand (Marine RV Line)

5. 10'-11" Orbital Polisher

6. Other

Take Care!

Syd

I use the Hi-Tech Applicator Pad by Hand and the Finishing Pad with a G100/PC. It depends if I have the G100 out there for anything else, but usually wax goes on by hand. I can get it thinner that way too, I don't know why.

RaskyR1
Dec 19th, 2007, 08:15 AM

Mike Phillips
Dec 19th, 2007, 08:25 AM
W-9006 when applying the LSP using a DA polisher

Soft Foam Applicator when applying pure polishes and LSP's by hand.

Piece of terry cloth, or a terry cloth wax applicator pad when using a cleaner/wax by hand for single stage paints.

Foam or microfiber for applying cleaner/waxes to clearcoats when working by hand.

Ryan L.
Dec 19th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Most of the time after doing polishing I'll use the DA with a W-9006 at speed 4. Every once in awhile its kind of nice to go ahead and apply it by hand...not sure why, but it feels more luxurious?!?

Ryan

CAShine
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM
PC for most applications and sometimes apply by hand using soft foam applicator

Sydster
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks for all your inputs!

Just one thing, I wanted this to be a poll and I tried to create the thread as one and from what I read I create the thread and the moderator (who I suppose is Tim) will decide if it could be made into a poll.

Did I do something wrong or was the poll not approved by the moderator? Or How do you create a poll really?
Any help from you guys would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Syd

Sydster
Dec 20th, 2007, 04:48 AM
BUMP.... Just want to know how to make a poll thread.

Thanks!

Jimmy The Detailer
Dec 20th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Easy, create a new thread as you normally would, except prior to and above submitting it theres a make poll checkbox. Check that with the number of proposed choices and then youre off to the page to input the selections.

Hemin8r
Dec 20th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Most of the time I use the g100 with the finishing pad to apply the preferred wax. Only if I have time & it's a car I enjoyed working on I apply by hand. Just the extra satisfaction for me.

Sydster
Dec 20th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Easy, create a new thread as you normally would, except prior to and above submitting it theres a make poll checkbox. Check that with the number of proposed choices and then youre off to the page to input the selections.

Thanks! That's what I have been looking for, guess I just over looked it.