PDA

View Full Version : XBOX360 or PS3 (Not Spam)

BlueZero
Dec 27th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I know the title looks like spam but I'm not here to give you a great deal on one sorry. ;)

I'm looking for something to do during the winter months when it's too cold to do anything else. Pretty much a good time waster.

Any gamers here? Anyone have one or the other? Or maybe both?

So far from what I have found the 360 seems to have a ton more games and the PS3 a bit better graphics and the bluray player. Hopefully if the budget allows (tax return) for it I will be getting a 46" Samsung LCD (LN-T4671) to play on also.

Thanks for the input!

RaskyR1
Dec 27th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Well I have all 3...the Xbox, PS3, and the Wii.

-Xbox has more games
-PS3 has awesome graphics but few games. I got it mainly for the Blu-Ray
-Wii is fun as hell....especially with a few drunk friends! :bigups

I like the PS3 over the Xbox becasue of the controlers....having a PS, PS2, and now the PS3 I just like the way they fit you hands.

BlueZero
Dec 27th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Lucky!!!

I was all set on the Wii but it doesn't look like fun unless you have people over. That and I'm not sure I want my friends swinging the controls around. lol

I'm not a hardcore gamer. Just something to kill time. I'm looking forward to the new GTA game and Battlefield. Those are on both platforms so it's a toss up. Maybe a racing game or two and I'll be set.

Thanks for the info!

RaskyR1
Dec 27th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Lucky!!!

I was all set on the Wii but it doesn't look like fun unless you have people over. That and I'm not sure I want my friends swinging the controls around. lol

I'm not a hardcore gamer. Just something to kill time. I'm looking forward to the new GTA game and Battlefield. Those are on both platforms so it's a toss up. Maybe a racing game or two and I'll be set.

Thanks for the info!

No prob!

I really don't play the Wii unless it's with other people. I have 2 roommates that each bought a controler and my g/f bought one too so it works out great. I'm not a big gamer either and when I have time to game alone I chose the PS3. I just bought NFS Pro Street and have been having a blast with that. NHL 2007 is fun too. I think I only have like 5 games and I maybe play it once or twice a week. GT5 is coming out soon and I'm looking forward to that....now all I need is the Logitech - G25 Racing wheel and this set up for my living room....I bought a 62" DLP 2 years ago so it will be like a true racing sim. :D

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/Raskyr1/gamer.jpg

BlueZero
Dec 27th, 2007, 11:57 AM
lol

That's crazy! Party at Rasky's when you get that!!!

I was set on buying the 360 a few weeks ago but now am more leaning towards the PS3.

GTA is wrong in so many ways but it's a blast to play. Just checked out that Pro Street game, that's going on the list too. lol

PorscheGuy997
Dec 27th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Well, I bought NFS Pro Street and Call of Duty 4. I've mostly played NFS for the most part. To me, the game is pretty boring. The graphics are not that impressive even with my 8800GT and everything maxed out. The plot also stinks. The main character, Ryan Cooper, is the name of one of my high school friends. How weird is that?

I'll probably start COD4 next week. So far, the graphics are insane and everything looks just look a movie. It's also rated very well.

I forgot to mention, Gears of War is a must for any system!!!!

yalerd
Dec 27th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I play PC games. Just made an upgrade on my hole system, was saving money for a year now and when I put it all together it's going to fly.

Between PS3 and Xbox360, I have friends that have both and Xbox360 has more games, it's true but it's like having so much problems lately, like they heat up and the 3 red lights come out! If you are playing with friends sometimes out of the nothing PUF!! the red lights blinking so that's not cool! jajaj

PS3 has less games, but a least you don't get this problem that Xbox360 has.

It's all up to you really, look all pros and cons, and look VERY WELL at the games! because if you like more the games that come out for Xbox360 that should be your choice, same as PS3.

Just to say, COD4 is a MUST!!! that game is INSANE! Have it for PC, and it's amazing, crazy like it's a very big jump in technology and new effects and graphics, sound, and like always COD has a very very good story for Single Player, aside from this, COD4 is made more for MultiPlayer.

Bottom line, it's really up to you, you are going to hear a lot of different opinions and things but what I would do it really see the games that are out and coming out on both platforms, if you like more the games for one that that should be your choice, doesn't have real much sense if you like the games of the Xbox360 and buy a Wii just because you want to move your hands jejeje

Good luck on your decision Scott and tell us what was your final choice when you decide.

Sydster
Dec 27th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I would go for PS3 hands down, I was just in my friend's house yesterday playing Uncharted:Drake's Fortune and it was just awesome man! If there are a few games in the PS3 format now its only a matter of time before they come out with more games. :bigups

Ed 718
Dec 27th, 2007, 03:11 PM
One thing I hate about the x360 is the fee for online service. I can however say the content online like movies, tv shows and demos makes up for it. I have DL'd tons of really good interesting Documentaries and demos on my hard drive. Online is really the way to go for gaming.

Kriez
Dec 27th, 2007, 07:47 PM
I have a Wii and a 360. The Wii is good for when people come over, and the 360 is just awesome all around. I think the 360 is the way to go, the library is already rock solid and it is still getting better.

TKDDAD
Dec 28th, 2007, 05:34 AM
Have had PS2 since it first came out and upgraded to PS3 at Xmas...Amazing...well worth it when you consider the BluRay capabilities. I have a 42" 1080P lcd tv and man, it's cool.

My son has the Wii and it's a blast too...don't know anything about XBox so no comment..

roushstage2
Dec 28th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I bought the 360. I love it! I owned 2 PS2s and an original XBOX. I think the 360 was the right move.

BlueZero
Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Well... I bought a PS3. Love it so far. So far I have Motorstorm and Call Of Duty: Modern Combat. Only problem is now I really need to get a bigger and better tv. lol

RaskyR1
Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:22 AM
Congrats! Once you get the big TV I recommend buying the movie "300" on Blu-Ray! A nice surround system is a must too!:xyxthumbs

BlueZero
Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:29 AM
Aw man! I forgot about a surround system. Fingers crossed for a big tax return. lol

I loved that movie. I really like the whole roman era. Some pretty cool and advanced architecture and engineering.

TKDDAD
Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:21 PM
I have a 42" LCD hi def 1080p tv and the graphics from the PS3 are unbelievable...we play NHL 2008 which is a blast...I've also heard the 300 is the movie to get for blu ray...we have 5 on order since they came with the PS3 as the holiday promotion...the selection wasn't very big but 5 free movies are 5 free movies...and definitely get a surround system... I wouldn't watch tv without one... :coolgleam

BlueZero
Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:30 PM
Your killing me here. lol Hmm, wonder if anywhere has that no payment, no interest for a year deal going on.

I will be mailing my form in to the 5 free movies tomorrow. Post back if you get them. I don't have much faith in rebates.

TKDDAD
Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:32 PM
Your killing me here. lol Hmm, wonder if anywhere has that no payment, no interest for a year deal going on.

I will be mailing my form in to the 5 free movies tomorrow. Post back if you get them. I don't have much faith in rebates.

you got it...I'll let you know when I get them!

RaskyR1
Jan 2nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
I have a 42" LCD hi def 1080p tv and the graphics from the PS3 are unbelievable...we play NHL 2008 which is a blast...I've also heard the 300 is the movie to get for blu ray...we have 5 on order since they came with the PS3 as the holiday promotion...the selection wasn't very big but 5 free movies are 5 free movies...and definitely get a surround system... I wouldn't watch tv without one... :coolgleam

Not sure if your into the Discovery Channel or not but "Planet Earth" on Blu-Ray is AMAZING! :xyxthumbs

RaskyR1
Jan 2nd, 2008, 02:26 PM

Check this forum out for all you High Def needs....:xyxthumbs

http://www.highdefforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66

TKDDAD
Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Not sure if your into the Discovery Channel or not but "Planet Earth" on Blu-Ray is AMAZING! :xyxthumbs

Loved that show when it was on...didn't have HIDEF signal at that point so watched it in normal def...haven't scraped together what I need to pull the trigger on that purchase but someday...thanks Rasky!

Ryan L.
Jan 2nd, 2008, 05:23 PM
PS3 is awesome...I'm at my uncles house in Arizona right now and he has it. The $32,000 70" Sony HD TV (http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11040914) and full built in Bose surrond sound in his house help the experience a lot but it's still a great console. At home I have PS2, but I'm looking at getting the PS3...

Good choice, Scott!!

Ryan

Nappers
Jan 2nd, 2008, 09:25 PM
Not sure on this one. Heard good and bad on both. My brother in law and my brother both like XBox 360 over the PS3.

I still have Nintendo and have an old Atari in storage someplace my mom found our old pong game.

Pong anyone?????:D

Joust??? LOL.

I play games on the computer, played DF2 online with some buddies, haven't played in a long time. I have DF Black Hawk down, Call of Duty, had Ghost Recon, uninstalled it though and Marine Sharpshooter, not the greatest graphics, but hard to play, for me anyway.

Aaron

Gemini13
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:04 PM
XBOX 360 Elite FTW! I'm new to the detailing world but when it comes to gaming I know a few things. There are pro's and con's to both machines but the 360's hardware is superior in every aspect except for the optical drive (1xBlue Ray vs. 12xDVD9). If Blue ray doesn't win the HD war with HD DVD this could be a problem down the road. Read: VHS vs. Beta Max.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

With third party games (cross platform) they look better on the 360.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/

Game developers also favor the 360.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

Combine all this with the greater game line up for the 360 and the on-line gaming (this is no contest BTW) and the answer is simple.

Also as already mentioned first game purchases should be Call of Duty 4 (the best and most realistic combat game I've ever played), Gears of War (visually stunning), Rainbow Six: Vegas and Halo 3.

mrdj
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:19 PM
for what it's worth:

http://tinyurl.com/355red:cool:

mrdj
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:20 PM
http://tinyurl.com/355red

Try this.

CarbonBlack
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I am a fan of grand turismo- sony ps3:xyxthumbs

Gemini13
Jan 6th, 2008, 05:28 AM
I am a fan of grand turismo- sony ps3:xyxthumbs

I was as well until I played Forza Motorsport.

BlueZero
Jan 18th, 2008, 01:26 PM
It's tied 22 - 22. How can that be! Blu-ray is way ahead of HD-DVD in the format war. Plus PS3 is the only future proof Blu-ray player currently out.

It's neat to see it divided so close.

Gemini13
Jan 20th, 2008, 04:58 PM
It's tied 22 - 22. How can that be! Blu-ray is way ahead of HD-DVD in the format war. Plus PS3 is the only future proof Blu-ray player currently out.

It's neat to see it divided so close.

If you want a Blu-ray player get the PS3. If you want a better gaming experience (all things considered) with the best on-line experience going get a 360. I've played both and the 360 takes it in the gaming aspect.

JDMb18c
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
like a previous poster stated, if you want to have fun with a lot of people; Wii is for you. It has a lot of fun games that can keep you constantly entertained. If you dont really care much for HD then get a Wii, cause what it doesn't have in graphics, it makes up for it in fun.

However, if you want a HUGE library of excellent games with awesome graphics, get the Xbox 360. Not only are you getting great games that look awesome, you can also enjoy them online. The 360 has an excellent online service that makes your game experience a lot more fun. Yeah there are things that cost in their market place, but they also have free stuff available. And if you dont want to play any of their game titles, you can play lots of fun games on ther Xbox Live Arcade. If you ever have young ones over your house you can let them play these if you dont want them touching your games. Anyways, also you have a library of movies to watch that are available in standard definition and in HD. I can go on more but i'll let you experience it by yourself....

With the PS3 you get a nice Blue-Ray player................. thats it.

PS: game developers favor the 360 over the PS3. So let me ask you, which games do you think will come out looking better?

MDetail
Feb 1st, 2008, 07:09 PM
PS3, because Blu-Ray is whoopin on HD. And because it comes with Blu-Ray unlike X360 that you have to pay for the HD. There are more reasons out there, but those should be enough to make up your mind.

JDMb18c
Feb 1st, 2008, 11:49 PM
PS3, because Blu-Ray is whoopin on HD. And because it comes with Blu-Ray unlike X360 that you have to pay for the HD. There are more reasons out there, but those should be enough to make up your mind.

HD doesn't have a load up time...

Also, for what you pay on a HD player and a 360, it will still be cheaper than a PS3. I'm not a fan boy of the 360 as i've been a fan of both sony and microsoft for a long time. Though all that went away when sony pushed this "gaming" system on us. After a while i learned that xbox is the way to go. The proof is behind the dust sitting on my PS3.

BlueZero
Feb 20th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Since this came up again.

I still really like my PS3. The load time is a pain sometimes but it probably does you good to look away from the TV for a few seconds. Another thing is it runs pretty hot, and the fan isn't the quietest. Not any major complaints but wanted to point them out if anyone is thinking of buying one.

I just hooked up the the internet this past weekend. That's pretty cool. All sorts of free demo and videos you can download. Also picked up Orange Box and played that a bit. It was a blizzard Sunday and the highways were closed so it was a perfect gaming weekend.

I did end up getting my 5 free Blu-ray movies also. Just waiting to do my taxes and see if I'm getting a new TV.

TKDDAD
Feb 20th, 2008, 07:33 PM
And since the war between HD-DVD and BluRay is now over, with BluRay being victorious, you have an awesome BluRay player too!!. I also received my 5 free movies as promised and they are awesome. So good to be on the right side of a technology decision for a change ! :db: :db:

BlueZero
Mar 31st, 2008, 06:14 AM
My PS3 is broke! :( :wall:

It won't read any discs. I'm bummed. I disconnected the power for awhile and tried that but nothing. I guess it's not all that uncommon. According to my reading on the PS3 forums Sony will send you a box to send yours back in and then mail you a different refurbished one. I should have just bought a refurbished one in the first place and saved some money. Alright I'm done ranting. :o

yalerd
Mar 31st, 2008, 06:25 AM
:( Scott sorry to hear about that but maybe you can call Sony Customer Service and have an official word to what you have to do. You don't loose anything by trying
Good luck bro

BlueZero
Apr 15th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Someone else must have voted because this popped up again.

I just sent out my system today UPS back to Sony. I was putting off calling them just because I figured it would be a pain. It wasn't that bad at all. The typical 10 mins. to find my way through the voice mail system but then I was able to talk to a woman named Mary that was super nice. They sent me a prepaid shipping box next day air to send my system back in. All I had to send in was the system, a form and a copy of the receipt. So far I am impressed by their customer service. I'll let you all know when the new system arrives.

Piku
Apr 15th, 2008, 12:22 PM
It was me who voted. :wavey After I voted, I saw that this thread was a couple of weeks old.
To the topic. I would have chosen PS3 as well mostly because of the Blue-Ray. I have not done any research on these systems as I am not looking to buy anytime soon.
Too bad that yours broke down. Good luck with the new (refurbished) one you are getting.

BlueZero
May 1st, 2008, 05:32 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that my PS3 is back and working fine. The case is scratched up a bit now, but I'll get PlastX a try on it one of these days. I was surprised that all of my information was still on it. I just figured I was getting a refurbished one back or at least they would wipe it clean. It was perfect timing too, I got it on Monday of this week and GTA IV came out Tuesday.

gbackus
May 1st, 2008, 10:28 AM
I didn't vote in the poll because it's a toss up for me.

Right now, the 360(what I own) has the larger game selection, and arguably has had better exclusives in the past, and will have a few killer exclusives for 2008, but as more and more producers produce for both formats, I feel the 360 is going to lose its edge here. Also, HD lost the format war so this makes the add-on HD drive obsolete; the 360 will not be getting an add-on Blu-Ray drive according to the latest press statements.

The PS3 without a doubt has more powerful hardware. Their exclusive lineup for Q3 and Q4 08 look to be killer, and with more producers producing for both formats, they will eventually even up on killer game offerings with the 360. Also, with sony having so many in house gaming studios, we can expect great exclusives beginning Q2/Q3 of 09. Sony's Blu-Ray has won the format war, and from what I'm hearing the PS3 is amongst the best blu-ray players out; the PS3 is worth the price as a dedicated blu-ray player alone.

Here is the clencher for many though: xbox live costs money, there is a subscription fee, sony online is free, BUT xBox live KILLS sony online, it absolutely destroys it. Plus there is a HUGE gaming community that are addicted to game achievements, which the PS3 lacks completely. On the flip side of that, Microsoft has had what, 7 or 8 years to build the xbox live infrastructure, while sony online is still in it's infancy, we can only hope it gets better. I've also heard on the grapevine that sony online will be adding their own version of gaming achievements, no official word yet as far as I know.

JDMb18c
May 2nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
i just got word of this... where did everyone hear about the end of the blu-ray/HD war being over??? does this mean we will no longer see HD movies out in the market anymore?

BlueZero
May 2nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
i just got word of this... where did everyone hear about the end of the blu-ray/HD war being over??? does this mean we will no longer see HD movies out in the market anymore?

Correct. HD-DVD movies will no longer being made. Hopefully some of the movies out on HD-DVD will be put on Blu-ray now.

I've also been reading that Blu-ray sales have been slipping since 'most' people can't tell the difference between a Blu-ray and a normal DVD with an upconvert player. I don't have a HDTV so I can't say one way or the other.

hacker-pschorr
May 2nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
PS3 - the only game I care about is Gran Turismo :)

The Blu-Ray player & NIN releasing "Beside You in Time" in Blu-Ray put me over the edge:
http://www.amazon.com/Nine-Inch-Nails-Live-Blu-ray/dp/B000MM1GJK

BlueZero
May 2nd, 2008, 02:23 PM
PS3 - the only game I care about is Gran Turismo :)

The Blu-Ray player & NIN releasing "Beside You in Time" in Blu-Ray put me over the edge:
http://www.amazon.com/Nine-Inch-Nails-Live-Blu-ray/dp/B000MM1GJK

Did you get the prologue?

hacker-pschorr
May 2nd, 2008, 06:11 PM
Did you get the prologue?
No.......not yet.

I did download the HD GT demo and a few dozen other demo's. I've been playing all of the demo's and haven't bought a game yet :)

danponjican
Jun 25th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Wow! Tight results in the poll! If I had to choose... I would go PS3. But honestly, I think the Wii is one of the most entertaining!

mongo
Jun 25th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Xbox 360 is the way to go way better games if thats what you want it for.

3Fitty
Jul 24th, 2008, 03:53 PM
BlueZero,

Are you loving that PS3? I'm now thinking of getting one (have a PS2) and I'm not much of a gamer, but I want it for the Blu-Ray disc (CNET says it is pretty much the best blu-ray player out).

I have a pretty good setup in "movie room" with a 72" rear project Samsung DLP (1080p) but in all honesty I MUCH prefer my 46" Sony XBR4 LCD. I've got an older Onkyo receiver which is decent by not cutting edge and some decent polk speakers. I almsot never play my PS2, but wonder if getting the PS3 is worth it just for the Blu-ray?

BlueZero
Jul 24th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Yes, I am loving it!

I had a Sony 27" CRT but now I bought a Samsung 42" plasma and love it. It really takes advantage of the PS3. I'm not really much of a gamer but I get into it every now and again. I've watched a few Blu-Ray's and it looks amazing.

One more thing to consider is even if you never use it for gaming it can do so much more. It's one of the best upconvert players out right now too. To be honest I can't tell much of a difference between regular DVD's and Blu-Ray when I play them on the PS3. When I play a DVD on my regular DVD player it doesn't look as good. I've been wanting to get the same move on Blu-Ray and regular DVD so I can compare apples to apples. You can use it as a media server too, I haven't really tried to figure that all out yet. My buddy came over awhile back and was showing me photos in his digital camera. I was like wait this thing has a card reader build in, give me that card. We put it in and flipped through the photos on my TV. It's pretty cool, you can rotate and zoom with the PS3 controller.

Mine did break and I had to send it in. It wasn't as bad as I thought. They send you a special box that it fits right in, not long later you have it back.

Closing thought... Just get one, you'll love it! :chuckle1

3Fitty
Jul 24th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Great info Scott... I think you just convinced me.

nickery16
Aug 13th, 2008, 01:26 PM
360 all the way graphics are a little lower than the ps3 which is true but online play is better more game choices. and net filx is going to be joining with microsoft soon so if you have netflix and xbox live you can go on netflix on your xbox and watch any movie whenever you want that update is going to be released late fall.

[Edit: Non family friendly language removed. Please read our forum rules before posting again. -Mike Phillips]

Mike Phillips
Sep 15th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Here are our forum rules, please note #6

Meguiar's Online Member Rules

1. No personal attacks toward members or non-members will be tolerated.

2. No arguing with Moderators or Administrators.

3. You are welcome to disagree but you must be polite.

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all.

5. Forum Nicknames and Avatars must be family friendly, they cannot even hint towards anything raunchy, sleazy, sexual or inappropriate. When in doubt we will err on the side of caution and ask you to choose a different nickname. E-mail addresses cannot be used as a forum nickname.

6. Keep language "G Rated", this includes insinuations. If you wouldn't say it in front of your grandparents, your parents or your children, then you shouldn't probably be posting to the Meguiar's Online forum.

7. Only appropriate pictures suitable for all audiences will be allowed, this includes avatars. If the photo is questionable at all it will be deleted at our discretion without warning.

8. Clickable Links are allowed after new members have over 30 substantial posts . Self-promoting clickable links are not allowed and will not be tolerated in messages. Self-promoting links are allowed in signature Lines once a member reaches Level 2 Privileges.

9. Only one account per member! The only conceivable reason for multiple accounts, would be for fraudulent activity. You will be banned for this action immediately.

10. Continuously breaking the rules to disrupt the online community will result in you being banned from the forum with little or no warning.

11. No Commercial sales or samples from competing companies. One post trying to hawk your wares and you will have banned yourself permanently.

12. All messages posted to MeguiarsOnline become the property of Meguiar's Inc. and may not be deleted without first obtaining permission. Deleting messages without permission will result in immediate banning from the forum.

littlejim82
Sep 15th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Ps3 with Call of Duty 4 you will be happy

BlueZero
Sep 15th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Battlefield Bad Company was pretty fun. My buddy and I rented that a few weeks ago. It's cool how you can destroy 90% of the elements in the game. Plus there is humor in the story line.

Maserati Mario
Sep 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM
:xyxthumbsPS3!!! :xyxthumbsI love the PS3, I still might get an xbox.I play xbox games on my computer and WII at my friends house when we party!

benhui86
Oct 12th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I have xbox360 bc i wanted to play halo3.... that was the only reason I choose xbox360 over ps3

I will wait for GT5 to come out to get ps3 which by then hopefully it'd drop another $100 or so in price since we talking a year or 2 away.....

xbox is lagging on me on the graphics heavy games though like rainbow six vegas 2 and bad company.... scary bc of all the issues with overheating but I put a laptop cooler under it so it always stays cold to the touch.... microsoft pushed the xbox out too fast without refining it and here we see the consequence.... I dont think xbox can play a lot of the future games because it just isnt as powerful or reliable as a ps3(i hope my xbox doesnt get mad at me for saying that hahaha).... but for now its still working....

Tuck91
Jan 18th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I own a PS3......................i LOVE WATCHING BLUE RAYS

Steward
Jan 18th, 2009, 09:22 PM
PS3!! all the way/metal gear solid and final fantasy is coming..man even if its coming for 360 as well, but it will be smashing!!!

BlueZero
Mar 4th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Saw that this thread came back from the dead...

I still have and love my PS3! I also have a WII now too. That thing is a blast also! I've been wanting to pick up Mario Cart.

Megafast13
Mar 4th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Mario Kart is fun, I play online a lot.

Xbox 360 is overall the best console hands down though.

PS3 is lowering their prices to 300 this summer though :D

miahjohn
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I'm getting a PS3 tomorrow!! Found one at a great price. it says it has wifi....does this mean i can play online using my wireless internet? no wires or anything?

also, with downloading games from playstation's website, is there anyway to burn the games to cd?

how many games movies can be downloaded to the 80GB system? Ahh lots of questions.....

miahjohn
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Meguiar's should make a detailing game!!

Zuke
Jul 24th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Xbox and Ps3 have given me nothing but headaches! I love them both but ugh, the PS3 IMO is still way too far behind on the online community, Live is way to simple and easy to use! I was a diehard Playstaion fan (Socom 2 was my life lol) but it seems Xbox overall is just user friendly. I think PS3 will contend in about 2 years.

oh and super smash bro's via 64. Me vs anyone, anytime.

Chop
Jul 27th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I'm getting a PS3 tomorrow!! Found one at a great price. it says it has wifi....does this mean i can play online using my wireless internet? no wires or anything?

Yep.

also, with downloading games from playstation's website, is there anyway to burn the games to cd?

I have not looked into it but I know the games are matched to your account so if you ever have hard drive failure you would just log in to your account and download the games again.

As far as the movies. A whole lot (DVD rez) a whole less (HD rez).

gmitch23
Jul 30th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Well I have all 3...the Xbox, PS3, and the Wii.

-Xbox has more games
-PS3 has awesome graphics but few games. I got it mainly for the Blu-Ray
-Wii is fun as hell....especially with a few drunk friends! :bigups

I had* all three. Sold the xbox because it was useless for me since i had the PS3. The gaming list for PS3 has grown tremendously. Besides, playing online for the PS3 is free but 50 bucks a year on xbox. If ur looking for graphics and great movies.........PS3 is far superior. It even upscales regular dvds to higher quality.

gmitch23
Jul 30th, 2010, 06:41 PM
O YEA forgot to mention, you can also subscribe to netflix on ps3

gmitch23
Aug 1st, 2010, 06:10 PM

how many games movies can be downloaded to the 80GB system? Ahh lots of questions.....

Yes, you can play wireless, no you cannot burn downloaded games unfortunately but they are saved to your account in case you ever loose or change ps3's.

Depends on what type of movie quality and length of movie.

therdrman
Jan 6th, 2011, 05:44 PM
xbox 360 ftmfw