PDA

View Full Version : Open Detailing Class August 21st, - Piscataway, New Jersey

Mike Phillips
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:19 PM
Open Detailing Class August 21st, - Piscataway, New Jersey

Rod Kraft will be holding a Meguiar's Detailing Clinic on August 21st at Pal Automotive Specialties in Piscataway, New Jersey.

:db: :dp: :db:

Starts at 9:00am sharp and ends at approximately 4:00pm

If you want to attend, you must sign-up for the class by posting to this thread. Your name will then be added to the list. This class is limited to 20 people. After 20 people have signed up, a standby list will be started.

Here's the address,

Pal Automotive Specialties
1627 Stelton Road
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854

Don't forget to vote in the poll or add your comments,

Meguiar's Clinic in Piscatway: Which 5 Areas Interest You Most? (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2150)

Mike

Mike Phillips
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:20 PM
This class is limited to the first 20 people that sign up. After 20 people have signed up, anyone else interested in attending will be placed on the standby list.

1. Bill D
2. Focusedonsound
3. Beercan31
4. kartoon
5. jchetty
6. onawrxhigh
7. SR77
8. Matt83076
9. Zone415
10. 29bullitt59
11. John F
12. TurboDave18T
13. detailbarn
14. mg031
15. Robert C
16. vidmaster
17. skire56
18. n1976jmk
19. roadchief
20. Lost Pup
21. grodgers
22. Setec Astronomy
23. Reese
24. CER7249
25. siblues

Bill D
Aug 2nd, 2004, 06:03 AM
PAL is my local detailing store. I'll sign up but can't be 100% sure I can attend. Do I bring any thing or are products provided? I guess I'll bring more of a "beater car"? I have some very pesky paint defects I'd like to correct. When I get there we can just strip off the LSP. I really hope to attend!

Focusedonsound
Aug 2nd, 2004, 04:08 PM
I would love to attend!!!!but

Unless I would be able to go for 1/2 day the 21st isn't a great day for me due to proior engagements!

Mike Phillips
Aug 2nd, 2004, 04:16 PM
I posted this as soon as I found out via Rod Kraft last night. This was at a a little after 9:00pm last night. I know Rod would like to have you there for the entire class because by leaving early, or arriving late, you will be the one that misses out.

If you like I will add our name to the sign-up list and perhaps you can clear your schedule and attend the entire event?

Mike

Focusedonsound
Aug 2nd, 2004, 04:21 PM
Sounds good ... Is there a Rain date for the event? Also is the event in doors?

Mike Phillips
Aug 2nd, 2004, 04:23 PM
To my knowledge, there is no rain date and the event will be conducted in the parking lot with the aid of a 10 X 20 EZ-Up Awning.

There is a store there that sales automotive parts including Meguiar's, so there are facilities.

Hope this helps...

Mike

Beercan31
Aug 2nd, 2004, 04:55 PM
Count Me in Please.

Do I bring any thing or are products provided?

Will there be any chances of getting a "special deals " on Meg's stuff?

kartoon
Aug 2nd, 2004, 05:10 PM
I am in as well :db:

Bill D
Aug 2nd, 2004, 05:16 PM
I am familar with the store PAL. Any other specifics? Just show up? What to bring?

Mike Phillips
Aug 2nd, 2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Beercan31
Count Me in Please.

Will there be any chances of getting a "special deals " on Meg's stuff?

I'll find out.

Mike

Mike Phillips
Aug 2nd, 2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Bill D
I am familiar with the store PAL. Any other specifics? Just show up? What to bring?

Typically, all you need to bring is an enthusiastic attitude. As far as working on your car or volunteering it for a demonstration, that's up to Rod, but it would be a good idea to show up with your car freshly washed.

Mike

Focusedonsound
Aug 2nd, 2004, 06:42 PM
Is there a lesson plan for the day? Im just curious as to what will be on the agenda for the day? Along with what I will be learning?

onawrxhigh
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:18 PM
i would like to be included but my main guestions are,
1) is this class free
2) if not how much money will it cost.
once these questions are answered i can give a deffinate answer

jchetty
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:30 PM
put me in....put me in....put me in

:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

5min from my house, and i finally get to meet Bill D:bow

:db: :db: :db: :db: :db:

Mike Phillips
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Focusedonsound
Is there a lesson plan for the day? Im just curious as to what will be on the agenda for the day? Along with what I will be learning?

I'll check with Rod to see what his format is, I'm sure it will cover more material than most people can retain.

Mike

Mike Phillips
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by onawrxhigh
i would like to be included but my main guestions are,
1) is this class free
2) if not how much money will it cost.
once these questions are answered i can give a deffinate answer

The class is free.

You have to show up with an enthusiastic attitude. That's all that's required. :D

Mike

onawrxhigh
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:51 PM
Hey mike,

put me on the list i am going to be there

Bill D
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by jchetty
put me in....put me in....put me in

:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

5min from my house, and i finally get to meet Bill D:bow

:db: :db: :db: :db: :db:

He he, :o

Well, the real pleasure is going to be geting to meet Rod :xyxthumbs

BigT
Aug 3rd, 2004, 03:24 AM
It figures that is the day I leave for vacation with the family to the Outer Banks in NC.

CHzo6
Aug 3rd, 2004, 10:14 AM
Is there anyone going down from the Boston area?

SR77
Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:02 PM
Can you please add me to the list. I live about 15 mins PAL. I just registered here just to reply to this thread.

Thanks Sean

Mike Phillips
Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:06 PM
Hi Sean,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online! :welcome

I'll add your name to the list right now!

Mike

Bill D
Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by SR77
Can you please add me to the list. I live about 15 mins PAL. I just registered here just to reply to this thread.

Thanks Sean

I'm more or less the same distance too. I hope Rod can squeeze in some time demoing the rotary. I could even bring my Dewalt so folks can compare and contrast it and the Makita.

SR77
Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks Mike

Bill D
Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:11 PM
So, are folks planning on bringing equipment like PCs, rotaries, etc even just to have to show?

Mike Phillips
Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:47 PM
Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Rod and he asked me to post this information on both the threads for his upcoming clinics.

Rod will be teaching the 5-Step Paint Care Cycle,

7. What's the difference between polish and wax? (Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle) (http://www.meguiars.com/faq/_index.cfm?faqCat=Paint%20Care&faqQuestionID=51&section=_51#_51)

Step 1 Wash
Step 2 Clean
Step 3 Polish
Step 4 Protect
Step 5 Maintain

He will be demonstrating Meguiar's Philosophy,

Always use the least aggressive product to get the job done"

This will incorporate using products from both the Consumer Line and the Professional line.

He will be showing techniques for creating Wow! results using your hands, the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher and the Rotary Buffer.

Rod is a stellar trainer, a sincere car crazy enthusiast, and a personable and fun guy. You will not be disappointed. Get there early, and stay as long as you can.

Also, the distributor will be offering a discount that day for any purchases.

Mike

Matt83076
Aug 3rd, 2004, 03:06 PM
Sign me up too, Please!

Mike Phillips
Aug 3rd, 2004, 04:09 PM
Hi Matt83076,

I've added you to the list.

Mike

Zone415
Aug 3rd, 2004, 08:57 PM
Please Add Me To List
Mike Tierney
Thanks

Mike Phillips
Aug 4th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Zone415
Please Add Me To List
Mike Tierney
Thanks

Hi Mike,

I've added your name to the list.

Mike

29bullitt59
Aug 4th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Hi Mike,

Would you please add my name to the list of attendees.

Thanks,

Tom

DFTowel
Aug 4th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Now this is weird... I was just about to put my name on the list when I checked my calendar and I have a car show that weekend at... of all places... PAL Field on LI. Funny coincidence huh?

Mike Phillips
Aug 4th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by 29bullitt59
Hi Mike,

Would you please add my name to the list of attendees.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I've just added you to the list!

Mike

Bill D
Aug 4th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Hey everyone,

Just curious, what stuff are you most interested in learning about? Perhaps we could kinda tailor the gtg to address what we want to spend time on most?

Here's a poll that you can vote in or add your comments,

Meguiar's Clinic in Piscatway: Which 5 Areas Interest You Most? (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2150)

Mike Phillips
Aug 4th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by DFTowel
Now this is weird... I was just about to put my name on the list when I checked my calendar and I have a car show that weekend at... of all places... PAL Field on LI. Funny coincidence huh?

Hi Leo,

Is there anyway you could set-up your car at the show and then attend the clinic? Rod is a great instructor having owned his own detailing business for years before joining the Meguiar's team.

Mike

Mike Phillips
Aug 4th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Hey everyone,

Just curious, what stuff are you most interested in learning about? Perhaps we could kinda tailor the gtg to address what we want to spend time on most?

Hi Bill,

I know Rod will stick to the format I posted, but I'm also sure he will accommodate any requests. I would suggest posting a poll in a separate thread and then putting a link to it in this thread and kind of baby sit it so that everyone that is attending can voice their suggestions.

Perhaps take a look at the Poll I posted in this thread,

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1818

Or Question 6) in this thread,

6) What three things would you like to learn the most about?

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1634

Perhaps tailoring it more to products, tools and procedures that you think the widest range of people will be interested in.

Mike

robert_tsxgeek
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Hey, that's weird....I posted a message last week saying I want to sign up....now where is the darn message ??? weird...

Robert Chin

vidmaster
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Hey I'm a lurker here but I registered to reply to this :) Please add me and 1 guest.

Are you guys going to have the new professional detailers line of stuff there for sale also?

Thanks.

robert_tsxgeek
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:23 AM
OK Let's try one more time....

please sign me up,thanks

Robert Chin

Mike Phillips
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by robert_tsxgeek
OK Let's try one more time....

please sign me up,thanks

Robert Chin

Hi Robert,

You're on the list! (again :( )

Mike

Mike Phillips
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by vidmaster
Hey I'm a lurker here but I registered to reply to this :) Please add me and 1 guest.

Are you guys going to have the new professional detailers line of stuff there for sale also?

Thanks.

Hi vidmaster,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Rod is pretty firm on the 20 people head count. The clinic is for people that sign-up on this list. Does you're Friend have access to the Internet? If so, can they sign themselves up?

I'm not sure it would be fair to the others to tell them they cannot bring a guest once one person does it. That's why we are using the forum to coordinate and control the sign-up sheet.

Mike

n1976jmk
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:38 PM
PLEASE SIGN ME UP!!!

Hey Mike add me to the list right away!!!

please i have been waiting for this!!!

thanks so much,
Jonathanplease sign me up!!! Please sign me up!!! Please sign me up!!!

vidmaster
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:42 PM
The guest is my father, who I'll be driving up with me. We're restoring 2 cars together so this is definately of interest to him also. I can get him to register if it's needed. In fact, I'll just have him register since I'm at the office with him right now.

skire56
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Hey, please sign me up! Thanks.

Mike Phillips
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by skire56
Hey, please sign me up! Thanks.

Hi skire56,

I have just added your name to the list! Thank you for registering and signing up for the event.

Mike

Mike Phillips
Aug 9th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by n1976jmk
PLEASE SIGN ME UP!!!

Hey Mike add me to the list right away!!!

please i have been waiting for this!!!

thanks so much,
Jonathan please sign me up!!! Please sign me up!!! Please sign me up!!!

Hi Jonathan,

Your name is added to the list!

Mike

Mike Phillips
Aug 9th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Room for one more!

Mike

jchetty
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:36 PM
what happened to the reply with the ad for discount on pal......are we still getting a discount and if so can you repost the add cuz i want to bring some $$

Bill D
Aug 10th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Probably lost in the hacking attack. Here, you can call PAL:

732-985-1716

robert_tsxgeek
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:23 AM
PAL is my local detailing store. I'll sign up but can't be 100% sure I can attend. Do I bring any thing or are products provided? I guess I'll bring more of a "beater car"? I have some very pesky paint defects I'd like to correct. When I get there we can just strip off the LSP. I really hope to attend!

hmmm.....you're a pro so I am puzzled why you don't think class is too noobish for you...I'm total noob and I thought this class is ordinary folks who don't do this full time and want to learn to do it the right way.

Setec Astronomy
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips
Room for one more!

Mike

In the first post you say the class is full, but there are only 19 names; which is right? (or is #20 the one gentleman's father?)

robert_tsxgeek
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:34 AM
[B]Hey everyone,
Just curious, what stuff are you most interested

Bill D can you recommend a place for car wash round there ?
I'd prefer a self-wash place
thanks

Bill D
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:38 AM
No self serve car washes i know of in that immediate area :(.

I'm not too familar with it but maybe somewhere further down Stelton Road?

If you desperately need a wash, there's one across the way from the Menlo Park Mall on Route 1 South

Bill D
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:37 AM
hmmm.....you're a pro so I am puzzled why you don't think class is too noobish for you...I'm total noob and I thought this class is ordinary folks who don't do this full time and want to learn to do it the right way.

I'm not a pro, I don't do it for a living, I'm just a very over the top passionate enthusiast. ( aka just an ordinary fellow who spends way too much time thinking about the appearance of his vehicle;) )I hope both noobs and more "advanced" enthusiasts alike walk away with a positive experience and more learning under their belts.

Mike Phillips
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Setec Astronomy
In the first post you say the class is full, but there are only 19 names; which is right? (or is #20 the one gentleman's father?)

When I posted that the class was full, I had accidental placed one person on the list twice. My mistake. I was in a hurry and trying to recover this thread as well as others from the hacking event.

At this time, it looks like there is still room for one more person, but because the database was deleted and the forum is operating on a database with a few days missing, it could be there were some people signed up that no longer show up on the list?

In the end, we'll figure it out.

Mike

roadchief
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:21 PM
I would like to attend if there is room:D

robert_tsxgeek
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:36 PM
I am a complete noob to detailing/waxing
and I want to do "homework" before the class.
What level of skill does this class assume ?
or this is more like "Car Detailing 101 for Dummies ?" :D

Mike Phillips
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by roadchief
I would like to attend if there is room:D

Hi roadchief,

I'll add your name to the list!

Mike

Mike Phillips
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:57 PM
I am a complete noob to detailing/waxing
and I want to do "homework" before the class.
What level of skill does this class assume ?
or this is more like "Car Detailing 101 for Dummies ?" :D

Rod teaches a real balanced class, there will be something there for everyone ranging from the basics to the advanced.

Check out some of the pictures from the clinic Rod conducted last weekend at the below link,

Pictures and comments from Rod's last detailing clinic (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1745&perpage=10&pagenumber=3)

Be prepared to learn!

Mike

grodgers
Aug 11th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Hi roadchief,

Mike

I would love to be included - 30 minute drive for me in the Mach-1.

If there is an opening, I beg to get in...

Mike Phillips
Aug 11th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Hi grodgers

The class is full at 20 people, I'll add your name to the standby list.

Hang in there, at the last moment, there are usually cancellations.

Mike

Wolmark
Aug 11th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Hey All,

Here are some directions to get to our Detailing clinic in Piscataway.

From the north: NJ Turnpike exit 10, follow signs to Route 287 north, Take exit 5 off of 287 and make a left at the light. We are appx. 1-2 miles down the road on the left.
or
From the south: Garden State Parkway north to exit 127 and then onto 287 north. Take exit 5 off of 287 and make a left at the light. We are appx. 1-2 miles down on the left.

1627 Stelton Road
Piscataway, NJ

If anyone wishes to stay over Friday night, there is a Holiday Inn down the road . I will get their phone number if you wish.

In case you get lost or need better directions, phone me at (732) 985-1716

Please park on the side of our building and come to the rear of the warehouse. Thats where we will be.

See everyone on the 21st!

Mark

Bill D
Aug 11th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Hi Mark,

Could you post that PAL special products promo again? It was lost when the site was hacked. Thanks!

Wolmark
Aug 11th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Here's the specials we be offering at the clinic on the 21st,

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/1025PALSpecials.jpg

Mark

Bill D
Aug 11th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Thanks very much Mark! :xyxthumbs

jchetty
Aug 11th, 2004, 11:19 PM
wolmark, if you can could you please post the price list for mirror glaze products. thanks in advance:xyxthumbs

Lost Pup
Aug 12th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Hey Guys
Just logged in and noticed my name was no longer on the list. My message from Friday 8/06 and Mikes reply of Sat 8/7 are even gone.

Did I miss something ?

Lost Pup from Phila.

Wolmark
Aug 12th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Between pint, quarts , 1/2 gallon and gallons there are about 30 different Mirror Glaze numbers that I stock. I will have to hand type them. If I get the chance I will post them for you.

Mark

Mike Phillips
Aug 12th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Lost Pup
Hey Guys
Just logged in and noticed my name was no longer on the list. My message from Friday 8/06 and Mikes reply of Sat 8/7 are even gone.

Did I miss something ?

Lost Pup from Phila.

Hi Lost Pup,

We had some behind the scenes technical problems, that for security reasons, we reloaded our database from an older back-up. For this reason, your name and possibly one or two other peoples were lost. I'll add your name to the list right now.

Sorry about that...

Mike

Reese
Aug 12th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Can you place me on the standby list?

Thanks

Mike Phillips
Aug 12th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Hi Reese,

I'll put your name on the standby list right now!

Mike

Mike Phillips
Aug 12th, 2004, 11:49 AM
If anyone here knows Robert C or R_G, it would appear their member account has been lost due to the recent issues with hackers.

If you know them from another forum, perhaps you could get word to them that they need to re-register. They're still signed up for the class however.

Thanks,

Mike

R_G
Aug 12th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Here I am! :cool:

Mike Phillips
Aug 12th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by R_G
Here I am! :cool:

Ahh... welcome back!

Mike

CARSGroup
Aug 12th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Hello everybody! -

This Detailing Super Event at PAL in Piscataway will be nothing short of exceptional!!!!!!!! I buy ALL of my products directly from Mark at PAL and he is beyond accomadating when it comes to getting what you request. I currently buy stuff from all 3 Meguiars lines from him to use in my detail shops, and I am one of the largest end users of Meguiars products anywhere.

A little over a year or so ago Rod came out to my place in Edison and did a full day with some of my employees to help get all the new guys trained the RIGHT way - it was a great benefit to my business. Rod is very professional and brings MANY YEARS of hands on expertise and knowledge to the table with him. It was a great pleasure having him here. - I know you will all enjoy it and learn from it no matter how much or little experience you have - I know I did!

my best to everyone,
Lenny

Mike Phillips
Aug 12th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Hi Lenny,

Welcome back to Meguiar's Online! :welcome

Thanks for sharing your first hand experience with Rod. I have also posted that Rod is not only a true car crazy enthusiast, an all around swell guy but also a stellar detailer and instructor that is always willing to go above and beyond the call of duty.

Just to let everyone know, Lenny is a not only a top-notch detailer, he also owns a number of businesses and I believe it's true, he is the largest end-user of Meguiar's Professional Line products. In Lenny's detailing business, Lenny knows that a product has to perform, if it doesn't, it's history.

Mike

kartoon
Aug 13th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Mike, you might want to change the message on the front page. It still says there is one spot left.

Beercan31
Aug 13th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Mike, you might want to change the message on the front page. It still says there is one spot left.
I thought that was pertaining to the first 20 entrees.

You guy's over there on the left coast sure do count funny , Because over here I count 23 entrees and the list shows 22. Aaah there is the problem you have Lost Pup and grodgers stacked in 21st position I guess they will have to split the winnings.

R_G
Aug 14th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Mike, I got a question for you. Should I bring all my Meguiair's products I use on my car?

My point is - it's enough that the class is free by itself, so why to use free stuuf when I got my own?

Thanks.

R_G
Aug 14th, 2004, 01:31 PM
NM - just found similar questions aand replies in the earlier posts.

CER7249
Aug 14th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Mike,

I want to join too! I dont have knowledge in detailing i think this is a very good opportunity for me to learn.

tks

R_G
Aug 15th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Good news for the standby list people - bad news for me. My hospital put me on call for a week effective August 21st. :(

I hope there's always a next time.

Bill D
Aug 15th, 2004, 07:24 AM
I spoke with Mark at PAL the other day and he says there may be another event in spring:xyxthumbs

R_G
Aug 15th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Spring Clean!!!! :bounce

Mike Phillips
Aug 17th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by CER7249
Mike,

I want to join too! I dont have knowledge in detailing i think this is a very good opportunity for me to learn.

tks

Hi CER7249,

I'll add your name to the standby list. Hang in there and check back to see where you stand, already R_G has had to cancel and from my experience, usually a couple of people have something come up at the last moment and cancel out.

So check back.

Mike

Mike Phillips
Aug 17th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by R_G
Good news for the standby list people - bad news for me. My hospital put me on call for a week effective August 21st. :(

I hope there's always a next time.

Hi R_G,

Are you for sure going to cancel? I though I would double check as I want to update the sign-up list today.

If so, sorry to hear you can't make it but there will be another one in the future.

Mike

Bill D
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Mike, It's still possible around here that we may have some rain into the weekend. Do we need to set up a rain date?

Mike Phillips
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:23 AM
I'll send an e-mail to Rod and see what he says...

Mike

Bill D
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:32 AM
I'll plan on bringing my two practice fenders and saw horses( but I can only set up one fender at a time) in case some folks want to go crazy with a rotary and not have to worry about making a "boo-boo" :o ;) :D If anyone's interested we could use them after the class is wrapped up.

Beercan31
Aug 17th, 2004, 03:59 PM
And to think Bill had me convinced to offering up my truck to practices on....hmmmm ...pay backs...lol:D :D :D

R_G
Aug 17th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Hi R_G,

Are you for sure going to cancel? I though I would double check as I want to update the sign-up list today.

If so, sorry to hear you can't make it but there will be another one in the future.

Mike

Sorry Mike, once I am getting a beeper on Friday 5 PM I can be called any time back to work. :(

Mike Phillips
Aug 17th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Mike, It's still possible around here that we may have some rain into the weekend. Do we need to set up a rain date?

Mark e-mailed me back and said he didn't think we needed a rain date because they have an inside bay to work in.

Let's see what Rod has to say, I haven't heard from him yet.

Mike

Mike Phillips
Aug 17th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by R_G
Sorry Mike, once I am getting a beeper on Friday 5 PM I can be called any time back to work. :(

Sorry to hear this, I'm going to bump you then and let the next guy in line move up.

Mike

Bill D
Aug 17th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Mark e-mailed me back and said he didn't think we needed a rain date because they have an inside bay to work in.

Let's see what Rod has to say, I haven't heard from him yet.

Mike

Wow!

What other secrets does he have hiding behind that building? ;)

roadchief
Aug 17th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know if there is a diner close to pal for breakfast before the class?
Thanks Bob

Beercan31
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Not to sure about the diner but there's a Dunkin doughnut near by.

Bill D
Aug 17th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Yeah there's 2 diners ,one somewhat in the vicinity of Menlo Park Mall and another kinda near the bridge, both on Route 1 South.

29bullitt59
Aug 18th, 2004, 06:51 AM
There is a diner even closer than Route 1. If you make a right coming out of PAL's parking lot, about a mile or so, it will be on your left. I believe it's called Fountain Blue. White Castle is on the right approximately 1/2 block before the diner. You even have a traffic light so you can make the left-hand turn into the diner's lot.

Tom

roadchief
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks Guys, see you all sat.:db:

siblues
Aug 18th, 2004, 09:46 PM
put me on the waiting list please .Thanks

Mike Phillips
Aug 19th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by siblues
put me on the waiting list please .Thanks

Hi siblues,

Mike

siblues
Aug 19th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks alot Mike and just one more question are there any spots available?I also had a few questions regarding megs number 80 but I will leave that for when you have some time and thanks again for welcoming me and for the opportunity to attend the class hopefully
antonio

Bill D
Aug 19th, 2004, 02:09 PM
two more days, can't wait! :bounce :bounce

Setec Astronomy
Aug 19th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Ok, Mike, I guess you'd better put me on the standby list...if I get in, Bill D. can practice on my etched paint with his rotary....

Bill D
Aug 19th, 2004, 06:49 PM
I'll still bring my fenders in case there's time during or after the class to practice.( no problem if we can't, dont have time,etc to get to them) I only have one pair of saw horses and large C clamps with blocks so we can only work on one fender at a time.

detailbarn
Aug 20th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Mike please remove my name from the list and bump somone up from the waiting list. I won't be able to make it , thanks hope everyone has a good time.

robert_tsxgeek
Aug 20th, 2004, 01:21 PM
woohoo ...tomorrow !
:bounce

TurboDave18T
Aug 20th, 2004, 01:39 PM
I'm excited....who else is?:D

Matt83076
Aug 20th, 2004, 01:53 PM
I'm very sorry for the late notice, but I just found out that I will be needed at work tomorrow and will not be able to attend.

I hope that this doesn’t cause any problems for anyone.

Bill D
Aug 20th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Look like it's going to be rotten weather :( Hope the class does not get cut short :(

Bill D
Aug 20th, 2004, 03:38 PM
looks like the folks who had to bail haven't been removed from the list and the runners up not added. I tried calling Mike but I bet he's on his way home from work.

Bring your storm gear tomorrow :(

TurboDave18T
Aug 20th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Bring your storm gear tomorrow :(

:wall:

Mike Phillips
Aug 20th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Hi all,

I talked to Rod and he said that if the class went over 20 but stayed under 30 he would be okay with that. I have added a few new names to the list, and left the names of the people that have had to cancel just in case,

Maybe something will come up! (to borrow a line from Greg Brady in one of the Brady Bunch episodes).

So the class is going forward as scheduled and Rod is ready to go! Don't worry about the bad weather, they have an open bay, plus an 10x20 EZ-up that will be butted up against the open bay. You're going to learn a lot, you're going to have fun and best of all, you're going to make new friends.

Everyone with a camera, if you can, try to snap a couple of photos and post them here,

Meguiar's Detailing Class in Piscataway, New Jersey (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2354)

Have fun!, I'll be teaching a class for the Miata club tomorrow, but looking forward to the pictures and comments from this event!

MIke

Bill D
Aug 20th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Wow!

At least 20 people! Hope those who still think they can't come check in with the new list in time.

I filled the trunk of the car Im bringing with a platfrom step ladder if necessary and later on , if its ok, after class to use, my fenders. ( Ill just kep them in there otherwise) Rotary's in the back seat :D Car is covered sitting in my driveway waiting to go :xyxthumbs

I'm going to go to bed early so I'm plenty refreshed for the AM

siblues
Aug 20th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Is everyone still meeting up at the diner?I could of sworn I saw a post about it but I could be wrong? and if you guys are which diner and what time and by the way the class starts at 9 right ?

robert_tsxgeek
Aug 21st, 2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by TurboDave18T
I'm excited....who else is?:D

I was...

Now I am PISSED, who else is ?
The fecking weather. Of all days, this nationwide downpour has to happen on weekends ! and on the detailing day, damn !

Sorry I have to give up.

I wonder if the class actually took place ???

:wall:

siblues
Aug 21st, 2004, 02:05 PM
Yes it did and it was great and really informative .The class really cleared up alot of questions and doubts I had about certain things and sorry you couldnt make it !!!

Beercan31
Aug 21st, 2004, 06:08 PM
Lots of fun had by alll

Words can not express the graduated I have for Meguiar's, Rod, Mark and His wife for sponsoring such an event, From the bottom of my heart Thank You.

I ended up walking away with some NEW toys
G-100 Porter Cable
9227c Makita Rotary
3 W9006's
2 W8006's
1 W7006
Both Red & Blue clay bars
1qt Diamond cut compound 2.0
1gal #40
2000 &3000 grit wet sand paper w/ sanding pad

Now if I can talk my kid in helping me tow his car out of the woods that has been there for 3 years.
Time to do some hands on learning/practice, practice, practice, practice.

Had lots of fun learned how to and How NOT to...Wet sand, Orbital and Rotary. Plus lots more.

For those who missed out on this eventful day Do Not Fret there's talk already about doing another Detail Day in the early spring at Pal's.

robert_tsxgeek
Aug 21st, 2004, 06:41 PM
the seminar was outdoor, no ?
so you guys were outdoor under the tent the entire time ?:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/images/smilies/1/mecry.gif

Bill D
Aug 21st, 2004, 07:02 PM
We were inside near an open baydoor, the tent was setup at the entrance to the bay door

roadchief
Aug 22nd, 2004, 02:48 AM
I would like to thank everyone involved.It was very generous of Mark and Rod to supply their knowledge, lunch , goodie bags,and friendship. thanks to Bill D for bringing his fenders so we could continue to work indoors.Despite the weather it was a great day with a nice group of people:xyxthumbs

Mike Phillips
Aug 22nd, 2004, 06:06 AM
I started a thread here for pictures and comments from this event,

Pictures and comments from Piscataway (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2354)

Mike