PDA

View Full Version : How to remove a magic marker stain?

ejm
Aug 2nd, 2004, 10:41 AM
I recently had to stay over in a small town and left my car parked on the street. In the morning I discovered a redish-purple stain about the size of a dime on my Yellow Ralliart. I believe it is from a magic marker or similar. It doesn't come off or fade with the normal washing and scrubbing techniques. Any suggestions as this is driving me crazy. It is on top of a number of Mequiar Gold Class waxws.

Regards
EJM

Mike Phillips
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:28 PM
Hi ejm,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online! :welcome

If it is ink from a Magic Marker, and it has indeed seeped under the paint surface, then you might try using a clear coat safe paint cleaner like ScratchX.

Here's a little how-to article on how to use this product,

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1516)

It's possible the stain has penetrated to deeply, or chemically altered the paint and perhaps cannot be repaired.

Best of luck!

Mike

akonpittbull
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:58 PM
Again I have same thing to say as other said, use the alcoholic thing to remove the marks otherwise hair spray is also the option. If nothing can be happened by that, then you can use clean white petrol for that.

CieraSL
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:11 PM
You don't suppose the OP has taken care of this after almost 6 years, do you? :dunno

Michael Stoops
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:35 PM
You don't suppose the OP has taken care of this after almost 6 years, do you? :dunno

Our buddy akonpittbull made 4 posts within 10 minutes of joining the forum - all having to do with ink, all in very old threads, and his sig was for custom pens. Can you say "spammer", 'cause we can say "banned".

gto_don
Jul 2nd, 2010, 09:24 AM
Our buddy akonpittbull made 4 posts within 10 minutes of joining the forum - all having to do with ink, all in very old threads, and his sig was for custom pens. Can you say "spammer", 'cause we can say "banned".

LOL...
I thought it was kinda weird seeing some REALLY old threads showing up. Not saying it's a bad thing for true "followup/questions", but these were just a little to obvious...