PDA

View Full Version : Is ther a way to not ruin stickers that are not clearcosted over.

03mach1
Feb 13th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Is ther a way to not ruin stickers that are not clearcosted over. I have my 06 ZZR 600 and I have a factory decal stickers and I heard they could peel off over time of washing?

Murr1525
Feb 13th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Well ,when washing, there isnt much that can be done.

When detailing, be carefull around the edges, dont keep running into them so that they pull up.

black240sx
Feb 14th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Don't worry about it. I've washed my bike lots and it doesn't affect the decals at all.

yalerd
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:58 AM
When washing, be careful with the edges, it could peel and ruin your decall

BlueZero
Feb 14th, 2008, 07:16 AM
If you are machine buffing tape the edges. When working by hand run with the edge and not against it. You probably won't see the sticker come off right away if your not careful but over the years the edges can get lifted.

Michael Stoops
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:45 AM
A lot depends on how well the surface under the decal was prepped so that the decal has maximum adhesion, the shape of the decal, etc. I've found that if the decal is one of those die cut things with a pointy edge or two, those are much, much more prone to lifting than either a square or gently rounded decal.

In any event, like others have said, just stay away from the edges when doing machine work, be extra cautious around them when washing, and blot them dry rather than wiping dry.

03mach1
Feb 16th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the info I will be cautious when washing and doing anything else near the decals.

Thanks
Alex

Ryan L.
Feb 16th, 2008, 09:38 PM
In Mikes video on YouTube, he just blots at the decals when washing and drying. I think that would be the best way to ensure that your don't catch any edges.

Ryan

03mach1
Feb 18th, 2008, 07:42 AM
In Mikes video on YouTube, he just blots at the decals when washing and drying. I think that would be the best way to ensure that your don't catch any edges.

Ryan
Thanks for this info

FRS
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:43 PM
A lot depends on how well the surface under the decal was prepped so that the decal has maximum adhesion, the shape of the decal, etc. I've found that if the decal is one of those die cut things with a pointy edge or two, those are much, much more prone to lifting than either a square or gently rounded decal.

In any event, like others have said, just stay away from the edges when doing machine work, be extra cautious around them when washing, and blot them dry rather than wiping dry.

How safe is to apply clay over the stickers?

Tuck91
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:51 PM
How safe is to apply clay over the stickers?

Do not come in too much contact with the edge too much and it should be just fine.