PDA

View Full Version : Open Class - February 23rd, 2008 - Pictures & Comments

Mike Phillips
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:17 AM
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2garagelogo1.jpg

Open Class - February 23rd, 2008 - Pictures & Comments (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22060)
Meguiar's Car Care 101
Saturday February 23rd, 2008

Mike Phillips
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:17 AM
Class starts in just a few hours!

Scottwax1 Scottwax1 Scottwax1

seanbreaux
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:57 PM
FANTASTIC class! I definitely learned quite a bit about the basics of car detailing. Mike was very knowledgeable and a great teacher. I now have a much higher understanding of car detailing that i did before.

Mike Phillips
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Awesome class, everyone was a joy to have here at Meguair's...

We had two forum members that flew in for this class, Brent on the left flew in from San Jose and Mike on the left flew in from St. Louis. We hope you had a great time here at Meguiar's as we sure enjoyed having you.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/680/SpecialGuests.jpg

35 people attended today and that makes for a busy, busy time in the garage but we think everyone had a lot of fun!

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/680/Feb23OpenClass0004.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/680/Feb23OpenClass0005.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/680/Feb23OpenClass0001.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/680/Feb23OpenClass0002.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/680/Feb23OpenClass0003.jpg

More pictures on Monday, it's time to clean up and close down Meguair's Garage!

El Tano
Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
First of all, I want to say thank you Mike for the awesome, instructive and fun class and It's unbelievable all the stuff that I learn on each class :bow .
Second I want to say thank you to all the people who work in my car Scottwax2, the car It's 200% better.

Thank you for the delicious pizza, thank you for the goodie bag and thank you Meguiar's for give us the opportunity to learn on how to use these fantastic products...

Thanks a million....:bigups

PS:I think I'll get a better MPG now that the car It's sooooo smooth :LOLOL:

Playr
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
Looks like fun. Can't wait 'til the 8th.

camry 04
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
hey mike thank you so much for this class..i really enjoied it so much. even though i was like the youngest their i am so interested into cars... and i have that dream car in my head like you did when you were a kid... i am very interested in cars and making them look good...well i had a blast thank you....You Are THE BEST TEACHER

Sergio-camry 04

3.9square
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:54 PM
Dude, this class was sweet. No one ever taught(sp?) me how to actually apply wax or any thing so I used to put on REALLY thick layers of wax and stuff....thanks to Mike I wont be making those mistakes again! Lol! Very informative class Mike and I thank you for the oppertunity to come and learn from you. (btw, pizza was amaizing)

Mirancer
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
First off i'd like to thank Mike for putting in 110% of his heart and soul into this class.

Second i'd like to thank Meguiar's on some fabulous products.

Mike thank you for a job well done. This class was very informative and fun. I feel the knowledge i've gained will allow me to keep my new cars paint in tip top condition for many years.

Angel - Mirancer

mattaleca
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
The class was awesome. You taught us how to use the D/A properly and the get great end results. Why paint prep is the most important part, got to have a great base before you can have a "Mirror Glaze" finish. I was so stoked after the class that I went home and clayed and waxed the wifes Durango in the RAIN. (Actually the garage) That was something else that we learned. The rain is bad. Need to get the water off before it; A. Leaves a spot, B. Etches the paint, C. Makes the ride not SHINE. :D

This class is a must for anyone that is "Car Crazy" :xyxthumbs

radicalrev
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:44 PM
thanks once again mike!! great as usual!!

JoyzGreenVert00
Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
Mike! As always, you were wonderful!

My husband Joe and I have been to two classes now, and we've learned something new every time! We can't wait to apply what we've learned to our Mustang, if it'll ever stop raining!! Grrr! (We don't have a garage) :(

One thing that stood out in my mind from the day is at 11:15, Joe leaned over to whisper in my ear, "45 minutes to pizza." LOL! He LOVES that BBQ chicken pizza. (OK, I do too!) Might I suggest you order 2 of those from now on? :D ;)

We use and love the Ultimate Quik Detailer, we were THRILLED to get free bottles of it in our goodie bags! Thank you SO much!! The catalogs are GORGEOUS! It must be very expensive to have a book full of such glossy pages! They're so nice, they're going in my bookcase and on the coffee table!

Even thought the main car we worked on was Maroon, I was amazed at what a difference just claybar made in the paint surface!!! It was also very helpful to see & feel the difference between applying product by hand and using the G110.

We are hoping to make it out to a Thursday night event when they start up again, and we are VERY interested in the advanced class, we'd like to learn to wet sand the orange peel out of our paint. You can bet our names will be in that lottery! :)

Thanks again!

Joy & Joe Bailey

:bounce

bentrue
Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:32 PM
hey Mike thanks a lot for giving me that start in detailing and in taking care of my car...the information provided was very useful and the hands on just gives us that little bit of experience needed to not totally screw up our cars :)...anyways thanks again i cant wait to take another one of your classes..

p.s pizza was great

IrvineMike
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks Mike! Class was better than advertised on the forums! Almost all of the questions and answers could be found on the forum, but there is nothing like an expert _showing_ how to use the correct applicators with the right product. I thought I was doing things the Meguiar's way until I went to the class, was shown, and then practiced the correct technique.

This is THE BEST way to learn how to take care of your car if you like a great shine!

Fantastic pizza and great goodie bag...what more could you want?:xyxthumbs

--Mike

rickandcar
Feb 24th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks to Meguiar's and in particular to Mike for a great class! It was very helpful to hear about all of the great products and how best to use them for our particular needs. I'm now ready to tackle my wife's black 4Runner - soon...

Meguiar's is certainly lucky to have such a dedicated and knowledgeable guy as Mike representing the company. If all of the employees are as great as he is it must be quite a place to work. Certainly the products are some of the best I've ever used.

Thanks again for all of your help and hosipitality!

quantummechanic84
Feb 24th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I love companies that care about their customers.

The tools and techniques that I learned Saturday will prove useful for the rest of my life.

Thank you, Mike, for being a great instructor. Thank you for caring as much as you do about your craft. It shows.

tenaci0usB
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks Mike for an excellent class and taking the time to answer all my questions!

The class was awesome and I learned a lot. It was like going to Disneyland for me. I had a great time.

Thanks also to 3.9square for a ride to the airport. It is much appreciated!!!

Regor
Feb 25th, 2008, 07:43 AM
GREAT class Mike!
Now to apply what was learned, and see the shining results.

WrightDetail
Feb 25th, 2008, 11:52 AM
:db: My thanks to Mike and Meguiar's :db:

This class was far above what I expected...was great to LEARN how to use the products as well as to practice !

The pizza is awesome, thanks as well along with the donuts and soda ( and the more than 1 diet type as well :) ) The goodie bag always a plus as well !

A teacher is to me is defined as caring, listening, willing to explain until the student understands. patience and the desire to let as many as they can know how/about something...well my late father was like that ( teacher as well for 30 yrs )

Mike is also another -- my thanks again to Mike and Meguiar's ( I am the one on the right in the pic-grey shirt )

WrightDetail
Feb 25th, 2008, 11:55 AM
First of all, I want to say thank you Mike for the awesome, instructive and fun class and It's unbelievable all the stuff that I learn on each class :bow .
Second I want to say thank you to all the people who work in my car Scottwax2, the car It's 200% better.

Thank you for the delicious pizza, thank you for the goodie bag and thank you Meguiar's for give us the opportunity to learn on how to use these fantastic products...

Thanks a million....:bigups

PS:I think I'll get a better MPG now that the car It's sooooo smooth :LOLOL:

El Tano,

Thanks alot for allowing all of us to work on your car and help get its shine back Scottwax1

Was a pleasure to meet you and look forward to seeing you here in the forum as well.

Maserati Mario
Feb 25th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Finally got to attend the Feb 23 class.
I just want to say, Mike, thank you very much for showing me how to love cars again! You see, living in "The OC" I've been put down for working on my cars, loving them and being a "gear head". People around me get there cars washed at the local car was Scottwax1, get it worked on by a mechanic and look down on people who are "Car Crazy". It's sad, they've been wearing on me for years.
Well not anymore! I am proud to be "Car Crazy"! I will never let them bring me down again!
Thanks Mike! You've made me happy as a banana!:db:

Now onto the class. It is amazing what you learn here! I'm going back to make sure I absorb it all. The knowledge Meguiar's has is astonishing! I really do love you guys!:bigups
And thanks to Berry for allowing these classes.

I'll close with this, YOU MUST ATTEND THIS CLASS!

The first half is Mike sharing all his info on how to treat paint and all of there products.
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6015/meguiarssaturdayopenclang9.jpg

Then it's off to the garage to apply the knowledge we just learned
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7738/meguiarssaturdayopenclaye7.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/302/meguiarssaturdayopenclakf6.jpg

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7958/meguiarssaturdayopenclakc1.jpg

El Tano
Feb 25th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Thank you Mike it was a pleasure to meet you too ...I hope you had a nice fly going back home.....

Jon2kZ
Feb 25th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks again for the great class Mike!

Blake called today and took my order for a G110 & 3-pak of pads, I can't wait for them to arrive!

Thanks to you and Meguiars I know I will be able to keep my car looking better than new for many years to come!

And yes the pizza was great!

dantana_tt
Feb 27th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks Mike.
The class was excellent. It was great to watch a pro show everyone how to get or maintain a great finish on a car. I had never clayed a car before and I was suprised at how vigorous you can be when you clay.

It's always great to learn from someone who is passionate about what they do. I think after that, the product sells itself. Look forward to taking another class.

TJazz
Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:24 AM
Sorry I'm late. My first post didn't make it. I had a blast saturday. Man!!,
great people and lots of fun. Mike, you're awesome. You're a great person and great teacher with lots of compassion for your craft. This was my second session. It goes to show you "It's never too late nor you're too old" to learn something new. I do wish the company will build a product store adjacent to the classroom. So when class is done. You can buy your prducts on the spot...
Meguiar's; thank you. Great products, great class and great pizza.....

unclestevie2
Mar 8th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Hey Mike!

Thanks again for another great class!! Like last time, you make the time well worth the trip. Learned a lot. Glad you liked the class pics I left you. Hope to see you again later this year.

Take care,
Steve

quantummechanic84
Mar 9th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Two weeks later:

I received products...

I was able to use the techniques covered in the class...

I got the results I wanted.

I don't think anything can beat that.

Mike Phillips
Mar 10th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Two weeks later:

I received products...

Thank you for the follow-up post, we love to hear success stories from our class attendees.

:bigups :bigups :bigups

El Tano
Mar 14th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Two weeks later:

I received products...

You already got yours ???? I'm still waiting :( . I need 2 of the products like right now :wall: .... Well free shipping what.. I guess I should complaint but I'm fine, because once they are here I'll take advantage of them thanks to Mike...:bow