PDA

View Full Version : My Kawasaki's tires turning brown is it safe to dress them?

03mach1
Mar 18th, 2008, 10:02 AM
My Kawasaki's tires are turning brown from my dirt road, is it safe to dress them? My dad said to me not to dress them because the dressing can make it really slippery and not safe. What could I do?

Hemin8r
Mar 18th, 2008, 10:14 AM
It should be safe to use an all purpose cleaner to get some of that dirt off. I would skip the dressing part. I'm on your dad's side on this.

03mach1
Mar 18th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks.
Alex

Michael Stoops
Mar 18th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I agree with Jesse. If you give them a good hit with APC and then scrub them with a good stiff brush they'll end with a very nice matte look anyway.

J. A. Michaels
Mar 18th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I agree with Jesse. If you give them a good hit with APC and then scrub them with a good stiff brush they'll end with a very nice matte look anyway.

:iagree: We don't want to go sliding down the road. lol

mckeand13
Mar 18th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Please, do not ever apply dressing to a motorcycle tire. You have a good chance of meeting the street rather quickly.

Just clean them with APC+ and they will look good. It works awesome on wheels too. I have white wheels on my CBR and it cleans 'em right up.

03mach1
Mar 19th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I am going to get some APC, I think I have some I have to look for it.
Thanks for all your contributions to this topic.

GTO4IBF
Apr 30th, 2009, 08:35 AM
I have also heard that you should never dress motorcycle tires.
I would hit them with some Wesley's Bleach White.

CharlesW
Apr 30th, 2009, 08:47 AM
A couple of places to only clean on a motorcycle.
Tires for the reasons stated.
Seats for the reason of staying on-board.

I haven't seen it for years, but at one time there was a dressing available for motorcycle seats that was supposed to be non-skid. I have no idea if it is still available.

There is also a non-skid treatment/protectant for boat fiberglass, but I don't know if it is suitable for rubber or vinyl.

PuDeN
Apr 30th, 2009, 09:14 AM
"Clean and protect your bike’s leather & vinyl with Meguiar’s® Motorcycle Leather Cleaner/Conditioner. A premium blend of moisturizers and nutrients leaves leather & vinyl looking and feeling supple. The gentle, effective formula cleans, restores and enriches surfaces for a luxurious appearance and helps to prevent premature wear, such as drying and fading. Containing no solvents or irritating detergents, this ultra-rich formula won’t leave a slippery residue or artificial gloss."

Took this from Meguiars Direct .com Motorcycle Line product. Hope this helps

Ivan Rajic
Apr 30th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I also highly advise against dressing bike tires... I've seen it turn for the worse... I used (and hopefully will use again very very soon :D) Meg's 10:1 on my old bike's tires every week or 2 when cleaning/washing it...

CharlesW
Apr 30th, 2009, 09:28 AM
"Clean and protect your bike’s leather & vinyl with Meguiar’s® Motorcycle Leather Cleaner/Conditioner. A premium blend of moisturizers and nutrients leaves leather & vinyl looking and feeling supple. The gentle, effective formula cleans, restores and enriches surfaces for a luxurious appearance and helps to prevent premature wear, such as drying and fading. Containing no solvents or irritating detergents, this ultra-rich formula won’t leave a slippery residue or artificial gloss."

Took this from Meguiars Direct .com Motorcycle Line product. Hope this helps
Syabas!

Terima kasih

PuDeN
Apr 30th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Wow. . . now you are speaking my mother language. . . impressive.

CharlesW
Apr 30th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Wow. . . now you are speaking my mother language.Hey, you are speaking mine, I should at least try to return the courtesy. :)

. . impressive.Not really. I used an internet translator.

I can barely speak American. :D

PuDeN
Apr 30th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks Charles, glad to meet you here.

I saw this once in youtube. . . you should check this out for motorcycles lover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6tx_q_3q-g

CharlesW
Apr 30th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks Charles, glad to meet you here.

I saw this once in youtube. . . you should check this out for motorcycles lover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6tx_q_3q-g

Terima kasih sekali lagi :xyxthumbs

02zx9r
May 13th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I have always read and heard the same thing, tire dressing on motorcycle tires is a :nono1

Cosmin
Dec 8th, 2009, 02:49 PM
My Kawasaki's tires are turning brown from my dirt road, is it safe to dress them? My dad said to me not to dress them because the dressing can make it really slippery and not safe. What could I do?

be safe

Fly Bye
Dec 9th, 2009, 02:53 AM
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267681&highlight=armor+all+tires

http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?t=91743

Fly Bye
Dec 9th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Holy ancient threads Batman, this is from Mar 18th, 2008, 11:02 AM :rolleyes:

Ric0h
Feb 21st, 2010, 07:09 PM
hey man, I also have a bike, just do the sides. You'll be okay.