PDA

View Full Version : ColorX via PC

AjNavo61490
Apr 29th, 2008, 06:43 PM
What pads/speed should i use on paint that needs to be brought back to life using my PC?

using LC pads btw

ebrownco
Apr 29th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Try here! Matching product to speed.
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2524

Nappers
Apr 29th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Not too many of us use LC pads here but.....

For the LC pads, in order of least aggressive to aggressive.

Red Finishing
Blue Finishing
Black Finessing
White Polishing
Green Heavy Polishing
Orange Cutting
Yellow Cutting

You should really try the Meguiars Pads with their products, 3 of them to do the trick, cutter, polisher and finishing pads, easy to remember :D (of course the wool pads too)

The LC pads were designed for Prima Products that I have not used before, thought about it as I ran across some threads on other forums, but stuck with Meguiars products.

My guess would be the white pad, but try in an inconspicous area first, as always.

Aaron

AjNavo61490
Apr 30th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Not too many of us use LC pads here but.....

For the LC pads, in order of least aggressive to aggressive.

Red Finishing
Blue Finishing
Black Finessing
White Polishing
Green Heavy Polishing
Orange Cutting
Yellow Cutting

You should really try the Meguiars Pads with their products, 3 of them to do the trick, cutter, polisher and finishing pads, easy to remember :D (of course the wool pads too)

The LC pads were designed for Prima Products that I have not used before, thought about it as I ran across some threads on other forums, but stuck with Meguiars products.

My guess would be the white pad, but try in an inconspicous area first, as always.

Aaron

i know what the pads aggressiveness' are... i didnt ask that

will colorX stain trim or no?

Nappers
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:48 AM

Aaron

On another forum, they suggested a white pad for polishing (as M66 is a "polishing" wax) or the black one, do a test spot........

I didn't decipher if you knew what each pad did (or my brain didn't simply catch it, Night shift ***** at the ol' lock up). Most only use 4 of the pads they have.

Black Finessing
White Polishing
Orange Cutting
Yellow Cutting

M66 as most waxes will leave white on your trim. Use painters tape to cover it first. It's a pain to get off and usually a couple of applications of some kind of trim detailer (I use Gold Class Trim Detailer, with some M40 thrown in there)

Aaron

Nappers
Apr 30th, 2008, 05:15 AM
.....(as M66 is a "polishing" wax)....M66 as most waxes....

I meant ColorX

Sorry bout that, old age is creeping on me......:icon_bolt1

L8R

Aaron