PDA

View Full Version : Which Car Wash do you like the best?

Mike Phillips
May 1st, 2008, 12:14 PM
Which Car Wash do you like the best?

NXT Generation® Car Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/?car-washes/NXT-Generation-Car-Wash)
Deep Crystal® Car Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/?car-washes/Deep-Crystal-Car-Wash)
Soft Wash Gel (http://www.meguiars.com/?car-washes/Soft-Wash-Gel)
Gold Class™ Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner (http://www.meguiars.com/?car-washes/Gold-Class-Car-Wash-Shampoo-Conditioner)
#00 Hi-Tech Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-car-washes/Hi-Tech-Wash)
#62 Carwash Shampoo & Conditioner (http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-car-washes/Carwash-Shampoo-Conditioner)
D110 Hyper-Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/?detailer-car-washes/Hyper-Wash)
D111 Shampoo Plus (http://www.meguiars.com/?detailer-car-washes/Shampoo-Plus)

If possible, also reply to the thread and state why you like it? For example perhaps you like the car wash because it's easy to find at your local store? Or you like a particular car wash because you like the suds or cost?

Thanks!

:)

EAT HEMI
May 1st, 2008, 12:23 PM
I only have used NXT and Deep Crystal washes, but I like the cost, the lubricity, and the lasting sud potential with the NXT.

InfiniteDetail
May 1st, 2008, 12:33 PM
I love the suds and smell of the Gold Class :D

yalerd
May 1st, 2008, 12:45 PM
Voted:)

pcmark
May 1st, 2008, 12:59 PM
I was using NXT, but switched to Black Magic Wet Shine Wash. It's $5.99 for 64oz., and truly does everything they claim. The main reason I like it is that it seems to apply and stay really sudsy, where other washes seem to lose their suds quickly when applied to the car.

Kooz
May 1st, 2008, 01:08 PM
The Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner has been my favorite ever since it came out. I've tried others but kept coming back to the Gold Class. I like the way it effortlessly removes dirt & grime, the suds, the smell, the price, the sheeting action, and every store in my area sells it. You simply can't go wrong with the Gold Class shampoo. :doublethumbsup2

Andy M.
May 1st, 2008, 01:42 PM
I tried the NXT once but when I ran out of that I switched back to Gold Class.

Andy
101impala

J. A. Michaels
May 1st, 2008, 01:47 PM
Voted. Gold Class.

PorscheGuy997
May 1st, 2008, 01:53 PM
Gold Class for me. The suds are nice and the price is very low.

Derrick
May 1st, 2008, 02:34 PM
I voted for NXT Gen. I use and love both GC and NXT but i figured everyone would be voting for GC so i voted for NXT

gb387
May 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM
Hands down Gold Class, no questions asked! I like to keep plenty on hand.

Murr1525
May 1st, 2008, 07:50 PM
It seemed to me that when I used Gold Class, it left a good shine, but I'd get some dirt on my towel. And with Nxt, the dirt was gone, but not the same shine/slickness left behind. Maybe it was me, maybe the soap, who knows. Shampoo Plus didnt seem to do a whole lot better either.

But I switched to #62, and seem to get the best of both, no dirt and a nice shine.

spence82
May 15th, 2008, 12:27 PM
i still really like Zaino's wash,leaves the best shine,then GC 2nd NXT 3rd.i think gold class leaves a better looking finish than NXT,dont know if it is just me but i dont think NXT leaves much of a shine.

Sandstone
May 15th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I had been using the DC and switched to GC. GC cleans much better: so much better that at the coin op I can use a pump garden sprayer to coat my ride using 1-2 oz/gal then spray it off with water and hit the highway for a quick touchless winter wash. GC has great lubricity and a great shine. I finally pegged the scent of GC. It's the smell of the barber shop I used to hang out in as a kid. Good mems. Just bought some NXT but haven't tried it yet. Smells good too.

Boss_429
May 15th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Well, I'm really a big fan of #62... extremely slick, tough suds, and great cleaning power... but reasonably gentle.

However, for price, availability, excellent slickness, and good cleaning power, it's tough to beat Gold Class Car Wash.

When I run out of #62, I don't hesitate to use GC until I pick up more #62.

Andy M.
May 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM
For the price, I don't think Gold Class can be beat.

Andy
101impala

Nappers
May 21st, 2008, 06:20 AM
GC car wash is easy to get as well as NXT but I would like to try #62 someday.

Aaron

davey g-force
May 21st, 2008, 01:15 PM
I voted Gold Class. I like the suds, lubricity and smell. :)

Mosca
May 21st, 2008, 01:55 PM
I like them all, other than the two Detailer lines which I haven't tried; IMO Gold Class is clearly superior to the others. I chose mostly on lubricity, with secondary points for ease of availability. My second choice is #62. I'm not a fan of NXT. Although it works well, it is too viscous. I decant my product into smaller bottles, and the NXT takes forever to flow.

Sandstone
May 21st, 2008, 07:16 PM
I voted for GC B4. After using NXT I'll stick with GC due to the higher lubricity and gloss. I "think" the cleaning ability was a bit better with the GC because my WW was totally clean after using GC and not with the NXT albeit my ride was a bit dirtier B4 using the NXT and I used a cotton mitt with the GC and a MF mitt with the NXT. I just got back from an 800 mi trip so I'll give the NXT a try with the cotton mitt (which has bit more bite) and see how well NXT cleans.

Ryan L.
May 21st, 2008, 07:26 PM
I have used all the Meguiar's washes and Gold Class is hands down the best, for a couple reasons. Cost and availability; Wal-Mart has it for about $6 (64oz) and sometimes Costco as well for about $9 (Gallon). Shine and slickness is great and it seems to do a pretty good job cleaning. Suds and smell are great with this product as well.

The things that turned me away from the detailer line washes after I used them was that they seemed to clean too well/not leave a good shine behind. The suds and smells are great but they don't leave the shine that Gold Class does.

NXT is right behind Gold Class in my books but the thing that separates the two is the smell and suds. I never got good suds out of it and the smell is too strong and it smells like I'm waxing my car because NXT Tech Wax smells exactly the same...for some reason it didn't sit right with me.

Ryan

cv_soccer
May 22nd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Which Car Wash do you like the best?

NXT Generation® Car Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/?car-washes/NXT-Generation-Car-Wash)
Deep Crystal® Car Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/?car-washes/Deep-Crystal-Car-Wash)
Soft Wash Gel (http://www.meguiars.com/?car-washes/Soft-Wash-Gel)
Gold Class™ Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner (http://www.meguiars.com/?car-washes/Gold-Class-Car-Wash-Shampoo-Conditioner)
#00 Hi-Tech Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-car-washes/Hi-Tech-Wash)
#62 Carwash Shampoo & Conditioner (http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-car-washes/Carwash-Shampoo-Conditioner)
D110 Hyper-Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/?detailer-car-washes/Hyper-Wash)
D111 Shampoo Plus (http://www.meguiars.com/?detailer-car-washes/Shampoo-Plus)

If possible, also reply to the thread and state why you like it? For example perhaps you like the car wash because it's easy to find at your local store? Or you like a particular car wash because you like the suds or cost?

Thanks!

:)At least I'm not using Dawn!

One of the obvious questions is does the type of car wash make a “REAL” difference, and if so what? I have used NXT Generation® Car Wash & Deep Crystal® Car Wash and they both do the job so why should I change, or why should I pay any more if there doing the job?

I'm puzzled & confused. :huh1

Inzane
May 22nd, 2008, 01:00 PM
Wow, I haven't posted on this site forever!

Anyway, my #1 choice is NXT. Followed by GC. I like them almost equally as much. But NXT just seems to leave a jaw-dropping shine on my vehicles after every wash, as if I had not only washed the car but also just waxed it too! (my vehicles are all dark colors).

Jokeman
May 22nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
I use NXT at home, deep crystal at my girls.

Mr Mustang
May 22nd, 2008, 06:34 PM
I use Deep Crystal right now, when I buy more, I'll try gold class, I havent used it on my own car, but I've seen the results on a friends car, and loved it. One of the things that amazes me, is that after a Megs wash and wax, I havent found any other car wash that gives anywhere near the shine, from just a wash. Thanks megs!

CAShine
May 22nd, 2008, 07:20 PM
I like to use hyperwash because it suds up real well. Alittle goes a long way. I have also used NXT and liked it.

palettonev6
Jun 5th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner:woot2

wildfoxsr
Jun 6th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I voted for NXT Gen. Which I use good pic. an I like the suds it makes.

BigLouie
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I've only used GC because of it's availability. You can offset its cost by purchasing the GC detailing kits during the holidays- especially after Christmas :woot2. GC works well for me, but I don't get much sudsing action from it. I'll check the bottle to see if there is a ratio I need to follow.

Purpose of the thread? Probably observing perception of products along with why we choose one product over another.

Murr1525
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Except for the Hyper-Wash, all of the soap dilutions are 128:1, or basically one ounce per gallon of water.

6FIEND
Jun 16th, 2008, 02:36 AM
I'm puzzled by people's comments here about shine? Isn't a shampoo's job to clean safely? Personally, I feel that shine will only ever come from surface prep (polishing) and (to a lesser extent) LSP. Are people generally looking for a 'wash 'n' wax' product that will leave a shine by itself?

davey g-force
Jun 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I'm puzzled by people's comments here about shine? Isn't a shampoo's job to clean safely? Personally, I feel that shine will only ever come from surface prep (polishing) and (to a lesser extent) LSP. Are people generally looking for a 'wash 'n' wax' product that will leave a shine by itself?

I agree with you and I was thinking the same thing. I think there may be a misconception among some people that a car wash can shine paint. As you said, a car wash can only remove dirt etc to reveal a shine that was already there...

jmakado
Jun 28th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Gold Class is my favorite and what I usually use. I would like to try Super Soap in the Detailer Line though. I have used GC for about 10 years or so...ever since I started driving. And to the two above posters. I have also used MANY other shampoo's in that time and I have no problem saying that GC leaves behind a definite shine over brands.

mcox
Jun 29th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Gold Class! :dp: It seems to work well for me, clean and looks good when I'm done.

jmitch8011
Jul 1st, 2008, 07:51 AM
I have to say GC because when I finish washing a car that has a faded look and it has some kind of shine, you know it was something in the product and not just that you put water on it. I also say to the person who did not get good suds. I bought this stuff probably when it first came out. The directions said to just put a cap full in a bucket of water. I also pour the wash in the bucket before adding water. I dont' measure any more but if you keep it that way you still should have lots of suds. You also can tell if you have too much water because you wan't fell the wash mit glide over the surface. I usually wash my vehicle twic because of habit(used to miss the lower panel by the tires at the spray wash back in the day). Anyway, the first time over I wash top down. Then I switch mits and use a second bucket. This time I can really feel the mit just gliding over the surface. The bottle also used to say to let the water run off instead of spraying off with pressure. I don't know if that changed but that's how I used to do it and it always left a great shine no matter what condition or color the paint was. I high pressure it off now and it still looks great lol. I also think the deep crystal has a lot of suds. I used it a few times back in the day.

gjohn28
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:16 AM
Haven't used any Meguiar's car wash other than GC, but I really like it. I had been using the Mr. Clean system, but found that when doing a full 5 step process, the cars look much better with a GC step 1. Also, GC is readily available, smells good and is relatively inexpensive.

dmaddox
Jul 22nd, 2008, 01:58 PM
I know I will not hear the end of this, but I have never had a problem with using Liquid Ivory. The water still beads after the wash is done and wax still last a couple of months. I get all the road grease off easily and still have wax on the car.

02CAMSS
Jul 26th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I love gold class and I use NXT on really dirty cars so I voted NXT because every one else it seems voted Gold class but I like them the same and I could not get by without either.

SSMUFF
Aug 13th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Deep Crystal and for a good reason. It is the only one I have used in the past few years. For some reason it was really cheap so I bought a few. They last for only having 2 cars to wash.

miahjohn
Aug 13th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I like a product called Wizards wash concentrate. Wizards is the company....i think it is based in Wisconsin. their soap is super sudsy and works great.

another one i like is Auto Supreme...I think that is the company but i cant find them anywhere on the internet. they make several soaps on is simply called wash and wax which an unbelievable wash!

08MKZ
Aug 14th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Before the new BLACK car I always bought the cheap stuff. Only soap right. Well that's what I thought till I saw this site. Now I will buy the NXT.

CarbonBlack
Aug 14th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I wash lots of family/friends cars for free, so I generally use whatever is on sale.
When It is for a customer, or my car I only use the best (Gold Class):xyxthumbs

captaincog
Aug 30th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I know that I will get blasted, but I use the Deep Crystal becuase we wash the cars so often and the kids really like the suds. I have no spotting issues and really like how it works.

Markus Kleis
Oct 1st, 2008, 02:12 AM
I have an use currently: Gold Class (LOVE this stuff, especially the consistency and the finish it leaves), NXT, Shampoo Plus (Great in buckets and foam gun), Super Soap (Rocks in my foam gun), and Hyper-Wash (Rocked in foam gun). :woot2

I couldn't really pick a favorite, to be honest, as I haven't done "testing" to see if I really truly prefer one over another. the only thing resembling a complaint I could possibly have is that I don't like how thick the NXT soap is...I prefer the liquidity of Gold Class- I know, I'm nuts! :help1

Bert31
Oct 1st, 2008, 11:20 AM
At least I'm not using Dawn!

One of the obvious questions is does the type of car wash make a “REAL” difference, and if so what? I have used NXT Generation® Car Wash & Deep Crystal® Car Wash and they both do the job so why should I change, or why should I pay any more if there doing the job?

I'm puzzled & confused. :huh1

I am kinda in the same boat as you. I cannot keep straight what the differences are in the numerous Meg's washes.

I just know I like to buy wash by the gallon for the savings of buying in bulk. I think that limits me to 62, Hyperwash, Shampoo Plus and Super Soap. Once I finish up my current wash, I am going to give Hyperwash a try. I like that 1 - 1.5 ounces is pretty much all you need for your entire five gallon wash bucket.

LADYDETAILER
Oct 1st, 2008, 11:38 AM
WELL, I HAVE TWO FAVORITES GOLD CLASS AND Eagle one nano wash and wax

Inzane
Nov 11th, 2008, 02:40 PM

I agree with you and I was thinking the same thing. I think there may be a misconception among some people that a car wash can shine paint. As you said, a car wash can only remove dirt etc to reveal a shine that was already there...

You two can puzzle over this all you want, but there is definitely SOMETHING in NXT Tech Wash that leaves a shine above and beyond other car wash soaps I've tried. On my well maintained paint just a regular wash with the NXT tech wash gives me that just waxed look like no other. Seriously.

jmakado
Nov 12th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Same with Gold Class....it clearly enhances the gloss of the finish.

sudsbyhubbs
Nov 12th, 2008, 07:18 AM
I was using GC and just recently finally found a store in the area that sells NXT, so I got some. I love NXT!!! On my silver PT Cruiser it makes it look really glossy and feels very slick. I just never got that look with GC.

brianshaeffer
Nov 12th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I voted for #62 as my favorite wash, but I like NXT and Gold Class as well. Maybe next time I'll try one from the Detailer line.

gb387
Nov 19th, 2008, 07:26 PM
After reading the original post I will add to my earlier post. I voted Gold Class, I have found this gives my vehicles the best look out of all Meguiars Consumer line washes and the other brand washes that I have used, I have tried all meguiars consumer line. For the money GC is a great value and great product.

tcb 57
Dec 13th, 2008, 10:54 AM
I voted for and use NXT, because thats the wax I use. Seems that is what is recommended to do, team up the wash and wax.

I do have some unused GC , wash and wax, that i will try next, to compare.

TKDDAD
Dec 24th, 2008, 08:56 AM
IMHO, there is nothing that has the lubricity of Gold Glass...I've tried, NXT, Deep Crystal, Hyper Wash and Gold Class beats them all in terms of being slippery. Just feels better when you wash...Suds are good. And I like the smell too.:chuckle1

Johnson
Jan 1st, 2009, 02:12 PM
I took my car to a touch less automatic car wash this morning, after a new years celebration and a buddy's birthday, I just didnt feel like doing it by hand.
I can really tell a difference and I can I say I almost dont like using the automatic anymore unless rare occasions.
I did the high dollar wash. It looks pretty clean, The part that I noticed the most, Doing my walk around and drying the car off, I noticed the paint wasnt slippery as it has been when doing it by hand. I guess I wont be doing that often.

I did run over it with some UQD after I got home.

Megafast13
Feb 13th, 2009, 05:55 PM
When you guys talk about Suds, it confuses me.

The proper way to use your soap is to fill the bucket with water, then add the proper amount of soap and stir it up with your hand or mitt.

draperd
Feb 13th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I am voting NXT. Seems to play well with my well water compared to GC and HyperWash.

Method
Feb 13th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I voted other in favor of DoDo Born to be mild, but if I'm not washing my car I grab my gallon of Hyperwash

TLMitchell
Feb 14th, 2009, 08:11 PM
The Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner has been my favorite ever since it came out. I've tried others but kept coming back to the Gold Class. I like the way it effortlessly removes dirt & grime, the suds, the smell, the price, the sheeting action, and every store in my area sells it. You simply can't go wrong with the Gold Class shampoo. :doublethumbsup2

:iagree: What he said!

TL

Tuck91
Feb 14th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I go back and forth bewtween GC and NXT, they both work great.
i really want to try #62

john m.
Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah i voted for Gold class, I really like the suds of the NXT but I just think GC is the best out there especially when you add in the price!

Carfire
Mar 18th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I have to go with Hyper Wash
Great Lubricity and It literally glides across the paint!!
Plus it is Biodegradable!!

oldmodman
Mar 19th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Other.

I love the Zaino car wash. Not because of how it works, but the smell! I can't get enough of it.

Slicked
Mar 22nd, 2009, 12:59 AM
I had used a gallon of NXT when I switched to GC - I couldn't believe how good it smells :). That's the only reason I prefer GC over NXT. The NXT is damn good as well.

Cat
Mar 22nd, 2009, 04:55 AM
I use Deep Crystal because my car is red - so it seems to work really well to pop the color out.

Cat :x

Ganesa
Mar 22nd, 2009, 05:33 AM
i like the Gold Class, it makes the surface of my car stay smooth after a wash..

Slicked
Mar 23rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
I wish we knew the histroy behind all these washes and what the chemists were aiming to achieve with each variation. Its just interesting that so many shampoos have been developed by one company!

Other stuff is interesting as well - like where did soft wash gel come from? It doesn't belong to a line of products, which is strange to my mind. I'm glad its available to buy, but these questions keep popping in my mind.

I suppose its great for us because we get a bigger choice. I keep Gold Class and NXT, and will probably add Soft Wash Gel to my collection soon - to keep things interesting :). But Gold Class is the king of shampoos IMO, simply because it ticks all the right boxes and has an addictive scent.

Tuck91
Apr 7th, 2009, 03:54 PM
0 votes for #00!

acsuppa
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I love Gold Class. I've tried more then half of the car washes on the list and Gold Class was the best.

joncz
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:33 AM
ProtectAll's Quick Easy Wash (http://www.protectall.com/qelg.htm)

xantonin
May 9th, 2009, 08:12 AM
I'm the kind of guy that likes to use up everything he has and not waste anything, so currently I'm trying to finish off some Turle Ice car wash stuff I have. Then I'm going to use the Gold Class I have. After that I'll see if anything new is available and buy that or NXT

That aside, I don't understand what the big deal is with suds. They're just for looks in my opinion.

Eddie6th
Jun 5th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I use the soft gel. I stick with Meg's shampoos,but i'm not so fussy about which one,as I am with polishes etc..I think they're all good!

Silvero
Jun 9th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Others in other forum online advised me to buy GC car wash product which I then did. Later today I plan to wash with it so I shall see how it reveals.

So far many posters voted GC therefore it should be the best. As you can see that it's my third post here... just joined so it's much for me to learn about the detailing stuff and such here but glad to learn... so no way for me to vote which one - too early for me! :D

Alex C.
Jun 9th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I always use Gold Class whenever i do the whole hose and bucket thing. Never really felt the need to try anything else. It's good stuff.:xyxthumbs

Ganesa
Jun 13th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Im really eager to try the nxt car wash, just want to see how it compares to the GC.. :]
i heard that it was a bit thicker and doesnt dries as fast as GC?

Tuck91
Jun 13th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Im really eager to try the nxt car wash, just want to see how it compares to the GC.. :]
i heard that it was a bit thicker and doesnt dries as fast as GC?

I prefer Gold Class, but NXT has softners in it that adapt to hard water. NXT also has better cleaning ability than Gold Class.

Right now my top three are Shampoo Plus, Gold Class, and NXT.

Ganesa
Jun 13th, 2009, 10:51 PM
hmmmm, maybe thats why i may need to try the NXT, since the only water that I am able to use is hard water... thx for the info :D

Silvero
Jun 15th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Bought a Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner product the first time few weeks ago. It rained too much for last 2 weeks then suddenly it got clear but too hot lately that it prevented me some time to take the opp to wash my car.

But finally, I took the opp yesterday morning to wash it with that product and indeed, the car shines wonderfully, awesome! :xyxthumbs

It was quite too hot at the end of car washing and worn my arm out! But it was worth it after all.

Also used the GC leather & conditioner wipes for the leather seats which worked great, too.

Yet I need to buy tire spray or something so gonna check them at Meguiar's and check the comments online soon as well. I just wiped the wheels yesterday, and it worked good for now. lol

bmwx5
Jun 22nd, 2009, 08:30 AM
Gold Class is awesome

cardriver
Aug 22nd, 2009, 01:09 PM
I've used NXT and Gold Class wash.

I think NXT does a better job at emulsifying dirt and contaminants when I do my presoak (I use a 1gal pump sprayer to presoak for ~5mins).
Suds seem to be about the same, although NXT might seem more slippery, which I like. I'm also fond of the grape smell of NXT :).

I'm not too crazy about Gold Class' smell--It smells like...outdoor mosquito candle oil?

Funny how people like the lubricity of Gold Class, but I find that the opposite is true. Gold class is great, and I have 2 64oz jugs of it, but if given the option, I'd always give NXT the slight edge :).

I think Gold Class might also win with a lot of people for the loyalty factor, as it is a great shampoo, but also has probably been on the market longer, and the only easily identifiable benefit of NXT is the smell :D.

Ganesa
Sep 13th, 2009, 08:18 PM
:iagree:
I have always been using the GC, and I just bought the NXT shampoo..
while washing my car this morning, the surface seems really smooth and slippery after the wash, and the smell it gave was incredible...

JoeDirt
Sep 14th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I prefer Gold Class, but NXT has softners in it that adapt to hard water. NXT also has better cleaning ability than Gold Class.

Right now my top three are Shampoo Plus, Gold Class, and NXT.

Agreed- when I lived out of town a bit, we had harder water, and the Gold Class didn't want to sud up as well, or last as long. The NXT was better for that.

Now that I'm back in town, we have really good water, and the Gold Class suds up nicely (as does the NXT) but I think the Gold Class shines up a little better, and the UQD seems to pop more off the Gold Class on my car. So, I hand 1/2 bottle of NXT on the shelf, and a nearly empty bottle of Gold Class next to my buckets. :D

Garage Troll
Nov 29th, 2009, 03:08 PM
NXT for me. Although GC is a close second.

speed3blackmica
Nov 29th, 2009, 03:37 PM
shampoo plus for me...very gentle on the paint...foams up like crazy and for 14 bucks a gallon, i love it. smells amazing too

Daniel Kinder
Jan 20th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Tuff one, liked the nxt and the gold class but voted for shampoo plus, because of the nice glossy smooth finish and smelled pretty good!

Haved used all except hyper wash and #62. But like others I too use gold class about 95% of the time because of price and easy to get from the local auto discounts but the big plus would be that it is just a good quality wash.

Nxt does leave a great gloss and smelled pretty good too but haven't used in awhile. Since this thread maybe go check on buying another bottle.

Also liked the #00 wash when I was wet sanding, just my two cents

Detail Union
Feb 3rd, 2010, 08:33 AM
Gold Class...I like et alot! Like how the cars feels after washing with it.

SATracker
Feb 28th, 2010, 03:57 PM
ONR almost always, NXT when I use a lot of water.

xantonin
Mar 5th, 2010, 05:01 AM
ONR is now my wash of choice. I moved to an apartment and there's no hoses around for washing my car.

pmason718
Mar 17th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I like Shampoo Plus and thought that more people would be using it

JPagan
Apr 22nd, 2010, 09:16 AM
My favorite is the new Ultimate wash and wax.

Bill Davidson
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:25 PM

It's becoming very popular. Nice to see, for an All in One product.

Ravi_1992
Aug 21st, 2010, 08:57 PM
It's becoming very popular. Nice to see, for an All in One product.

My favorite is the NXT wash but that might change after I try UWAW

Blue Apollo IV
Aug 22nd, 2010, 12:25 PM

If UW&W would sud as much as NXT wash, it'd be my new favorite too...simply because of the smell. LOL!

EPHIOS
Sep 17th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Weekly washing I love the Gold Class Shampoo. After the rain, I use UW&W or every three weeks with Microfiber Wash Mitts and Grit Guards.

Black1
Nov 22nd, 2010, 11:09 PM
Obviously, this isn't a pro-detail thread....... ;) But, I do love Gold Class wash for my personal and (known) customer cars. :dance1

kristina27
Dec 13th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I prefer right now the Gold Class car wash but want to try the NXT car wash. Been hearing some great things about how well the NXT cleans but the GC has great suds and lubricity. I have heard that the NXT doesn't have as much lubricity but does an amazing job cleaning. Also I can find the GC wash easily at my auto store or larger chain department stores.

nickjh5
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:24 AM
p&s detailing wash n wax

MARKCORE
Jul 8th, 2011, 03:36 AM
I have only used Gold Class. I want to try others, but hate to leave ol' reliable!

1970judge
Jul 8th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Gold class!

MikeCL
Sep 18th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I've only used deep crystal.. But I'm confused I understand waxes and all but what more does the gold class have that the deep crystal does not? I still have a lot left of the deep crystal.

Murr1525
Sep 18th, 2011, 05:48 PM
The Gold Class will tend to have more lubrication to protect the paint, better looks after washing.

MikeCL
Sep 18th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Thank You

Ryansworld
Sep 18th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Ultimate wash and wax is my new fav!

thurman
Aug 8th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Gold Class. It is like my paint loves it. After washing my car is rejuvenated. When I touch the paint it seems polished. GOLD CLASS ALL THE WAY.

W211E320
Mar 15th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Soft Wash Gel!
It's much more efficient than f.e. Gold Class - cleans very good and the price is low!

DCopp
Jun 6th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I voted for Gold Class, I use it, but I also use the Kit Carnauba stuff. It is pretty darn good for how cheap it is.

rocknrollx
Dec 3rd, 2013, 07:22 PM
I love smelling Gold Class. I think my neighbors see me when I smile about the nice smell of it, haha.

Chicago Tommy
Dec 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Deep Crystal for me! It's usually sub $4 at my local Target for a half gallon. I'd really like to know the difference between that and the higher priced products.