PDA

View Full Version : Deep Scratches, chips, egged touch up...

RaskyR1
May 14th, 2008, 08:38 AM
So I saw something interesting as I was getting my 3M clear bra installed last weekend. The installer (friend of mine) took a red Crayola crayon to fill in 2 little chips since I didn't have any touch up paint. to my surprise it matched very well and did an excellent job of filling it in. Now I know there is not a color for every car but with 100+ colors of crayons I would think people can find something close. Since it is a wax I would think it would protect the scratch or chip from rusting.

Has anyone ever tried this? Seems like a cheap and possible solution for people that don't want to have the panel repainted.

I'm guessing you would go over a scratch perpedicular with a few coats and then maybe follow up with a clay bar to remove it from the area around the scratch?

What do you guys think? :huh1

Jokeman
May 14th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I dunno, I think you would be better off to go get a pint of paint mixed up.

J. A. Michaels
May 14th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Sounds interesting. My thinking its more of a temporary thing to you can get the matching paint. We all have been known to get anal about our cars. lol

BlueZero
May 14th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I like it! Not that bad of an idea. Until I perfect the art of touch up paint I just might pick up a box of crayons. My touch up never turns out as good as I want but I am getting better.