PDA

View Full Version : Difference between M66 and D151?

InfiniteDetail
Jul 17th, 2008, 09:59 AM
What is the difference between M66 and D151? (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25489)

I know M66 is for high volume detail operations and is an all in one product. D151 seems to be the same type of thing. Is each respective product better at certain things?

Thanks in advance

Mort Corey
Jul 17th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I've tried 66 and it's a good AIO product that will remove light marring. Just received some 151 which is supposed so be quite a bit more aggressive but have yet to put it to the test.

Mort

InfiniteDetail
Jul 17th, 2008, 10:05 AM
OK that makes sense. I tried 151 on heavily oxidized single stage and it worked out nicely. Didn't have enough cut to remove the oxidation, so I used 105 on the first pass then finished up with the 151. Finished up very nicely.

jmitch8011
Jul 17th, 2008, 10:17 AM
kerrinjeff - do you use a rotory or DA?

InfiniteDetail
Jul 17th, 2008, 10:24 AM
kerrinjeff - do you use a rotory or DA?

I use a rotary.

I used a red solo wool pad with 151 on the rotary about 1500 RPM initially to test the cutting power. With 2 passes it couldn't cut through the severe oxidation so I opted for 105 and an LC orange pad and that did the trick with oxidation. I finished up with M151 and a purple foamed wool at 1200 RPM and that really brought out the shine. Here's the thread where I documented all of this (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25243)

Mike Phillips
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:28 AM
What is the difference between M66 and D151?

I know M66 is for high volume detail operations and is an all in one product. D151 seems to be the same type of thing. Is each respective product better at certain things?

Thanks in advance

Different abrasives... M66 uses diminishing abrasives and D151 uses our Super Micro Abrasive technology.

What's the difference between Meguiar's Super Micro Abrasive technology and Meguiar's Diminishing Abrasive technology? (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23748)

Hello guys,
Can you tell me the differences between super micro abrasive that we found in M105 and the diminishing abrasive?
Thanks

Meguiar's Diminishing Abrasive(s) - Abrasive(s) that actually break down as you use them. For example, they may start out a certain size or shape, and during the buffing cycle, they will actually breakdown to nothing, so there are only polishing oils working for you. We pioneered and have been utilizing this technology for about 75 years in many of our compounds, cleaners, cleaner/polishes, and cleaner/waxes.

Meguiar's Super Micro Abrasive(s) - With technology comes advancements. We simply developed a new style / mix of abrasive(s) we refer to as “Super Micro Abrasive Technology”. We can say, this new "style" of abrasives are very small and do not "breakdown" like OUR diminishing abrasive technology does. This new abrasive technology is exclusive to Meguiar’s and is not available to any other company.

:)

InfiniteDetail
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks, that's great info.

So at the end of the day, which would you get for your "All in one" product in your arsenal?

Mort Corey
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM
So at the end of the day, which would you get for your "All in one" product in your arsenal?

That's one of the problems with Meguiars products.....there can never be only one:D The closest I've come is on wash soaps where I only have two on hand.

Mort

InfiniteDetail
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:12 PM
That's one of the problems with Meguiars products.....there can never be only one:D The closest I've come is on wash soaps where I only have two on hand.

Mort

LOL, good point!

Mike Phillips
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks, that's great info.

Both.

That way if one isn't giving you the results you expect on a particular paint type you have another option.

Different types of abrasives will react differently on different types of paint, you won't know till you do a Test Spot.

Probably not the answer you wanted but probably the answer you expected.

:D

InfiniteDetail
Jul 17th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Yep, looks like I'll be picking up some M66 :D

Ryan L.
Sep 29th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Different abrasives... M66 uses diminishing abrasives and D151 uses our Super Micro Abrasive technology.

Is that the only difference in the formula?

Ryan

Mike Phillips
Sep 29th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Is that the only difference in the formula?
Ryan

Not sure to tell the truth, can check and see...

:)